A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Squid Swap POSTPONED!!  (Read 9954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hubbyoed

I don't like the Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2005 11:28:57 AM »

i hope she gets better soon too :[
Thanks for taking over the swap! Are we going to have to PM our information again or will you have them all?
& the new dates sound just peachy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2005 03:29:34 PM »

You won't have to PM your info again - jadey will be sending me all the info that everyone already sent in. Depending on when she does this, we might have to extend the dates again. But I will let you know anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2005 05:08:41 PM »

To help provide some impetus, here's something I made a couple of months ago....

That is sooooo cute!

Thanks, and I love your squid!

waterbaby, your octopus is so cute! Where did you find the pattern? I would love to make one.

Jan and ax, this was one of the few things I've made up as I went along that actually turned out well!  A pattern for a ball or something round like the amigurumi-type toys will give you an idea on how to start making the globe shape, or you can just play with increases and decreases as you go.  To create some elongation for the bottom of the octopus I did less increasing than if I were going to be making something completely round, and made a separate little disc that I attached after stuffing which gives him a flat bottom.  The tentacles are easy: make a chain, then work two or three single crochets into each chain (I varied them)---it will automatically start curling!

So glad this exchange is going to be happening!  Thanks in advance to the new organizer(s), and best wishes that Jadey is feeling all better soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jan_on_ice

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2005 05:45:46 PM »

Jan and ax, this was one of the few things I've made up as I went along that actually turned out well!  A pattern for a ball or something round like the amigurumi-type toys will give you an idea on how to start making the globe shape, or you can just play with increases and decreases as you go.  To create some elongation for the bottom of the octopus I did less increasing than if I were going to be making something completely round, and made a separate little disc that I attached after stuffing which gives him a flat bottom.  The tentacles are easy: make a chain, then work two or three single crochets into each chain (I varied them)---it will automatically start curling!

Thanks for the instructions!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
ax174
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2005 05:37:50 AM »

Thanks for the instructions!!

Yes, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tantrum
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2005 09:37:47 PM »

So what's up with the squidies? Any news?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength"
colie
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2005 11:39:32 AM »

So is the sign up still open? Because I might just cry if I miss this swap... I have so many squiddish/ eight-legged ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jan_on_ice

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2005 02:33:46 PM »

Still waiting on jadey to send me all the info. I will let you know when it's re-opened and will probably change the send out dates as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
colie
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2005 02:55:51 PM »

Alright, just as long as you guys don't go without me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jan_on_ice

« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2005 03:26:00 PM »

Hey everyone, the new thread for the Squid Swap is here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=60100.0

I have listed the names of the people who I have info for. Please PM me or reply to the thread to let me know whether you are still interested in participating. If I have not heard from you by the 31st, I will assume you are no longer interested and will remove your name from the list of participants.

Signup's close OCT 31st and the new send out date is NOV 30th, however, I am flexible and can extend the dates if people wish.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005 03:41:59 PM by jan_on_ice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use the AV Mode on Your dSLR
Learn about Depth of Field
Basic Photography Lighting Setups Tutorial
How to use Lighting Ratios in Photography
How to use Your Sekonic Light Meter
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...