A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Crap 2  (Read 2618 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DsgndbyRJ
« on: October 03, 2005 01:50:49 PM »

Someone's already received!  Let's see some photos so we can drool over everyone's goodies!

The original thread is here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=54623.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
Cookies
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005 09:14:19 AM »

Here is a scan of some of the items Writer78 sent me (remember that this is just a very small sampling, as I only have a scanner and no digital camera!):

And here's a description of everything she sent, starting with what you see in the picture:

-cards from the board game Clue, and a few sheets of the paper you use playing the game as well (interesting, because I just got a handful of Operation game cards from my cousin's trash yesterday!)

-silver string (very pretty!)

-a handful of mosaic tiles in blues & white (never had these before, but they're cool, and I have an idea for them already)

-a little tin (I love little containers!) full of some random beads (also very cool, especially the silver leaves)

-decorative edge scissors for scrapbooking (a design I don't have yet!)

-tons (!) of glass marble things to make marble magnets (I've been wanting to try making them for ages, but never actually bought the marbles.  And I was reading all the marble magnet threads here on craftster the night before I got my package!)

-a HUGE piece of this awesome silky pink & brown striped fabric (which I promptly unfolded and wrapped around me like a shawl, lol)

-a pile of felt (yay, I was needing some new colors!)

-some pictures/cutouts to use for collage or decopage

-a small silver picture frame

-a piece of red & tan checked fabric

-a very pretty piece of blue & silver fabric

-letter stickers

-red iron-on letters (I wish there was more than one A, but I can still think of several things I can spell with them!)

-a package of Engraving Art boards (like scratch art) and the tools to use with them (I actually have a couple of kits by this same company, but I was afraid to try them because I wanted to practice first.  Now I can practice on the blanks!)

-a really nice book about Hardanger embroidery (a little beyond my skill level at the moment, but I'm going to hang onto it and try it when I get a little better!)

-a package of this shredded papery stuff like you would use in a basket with a fake flower arrangement or something (not sure what I'd do with this, but I'll bet my grandma can use it)

Did I forget anything?  Thank you so much, Writer78, for the awesome swap package!

Edited to add:
Oh shoot, I did forget something!   Wink  She also send a really cool little drawstring pouch that she made, I LOVE IT!   Grin
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005 09:17:37 AM by Cookies » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005 09:36:54 AM »

**hugs** to Cookies!!  I'm so excited that my leftovers have found new life!!  I bought the Clue game from Goodwill - I'm a Clue fanatic and thought I would use it all up, but after I used Miss Scarlett and some other cards to decoupage an Altoid tin, I found that I just didnt' have ideas for the rest.  They are far too good not to be used, and since you're into paper crafts, I know you will come up with something cool to do with them.

I'm tickled to hear that you liked the mosaic tiles!!  I felt a little bad sending them, thinking there weren't enough for them to be useful/interesting.  But I'm so pleased that you like them!  I'd love to hear what you come up with.

I inherited three huge fabric remnants from a friend recently.  One is paisley, perfect for me; the pink was perfect for you; and the last one just found its way into another craftster shipment.

I find this kind of swap especially satisfying.  THANKS again to DsgndbyRJ for organizing and to Cookies for appreciating my leftovers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005 03:02:29 PM »

i recieved from eowynmn today!! heres the pics of all the great stuff she sent me!!

fabric

some beads and charms

and some ribbon, thread, and trimming

thank you so much! I love it all!!!

PS: sorry the pics look like crap. i have no idea where that smear in them came from...
EDITED: i just used some of the green polka dot fabric already for another swap! yay!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005 06:55:15 PM by sporkx71 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
Writer78
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005 04:20:35 PM »

I just received from Cookies.  We decided to use my cardboard box for both shipments, and she even turned the kraft paper inside out and rewrapped the box, so we were very thrifty and eco-friendly!

Even though we used the same box, she packed it so full of goodies that I feel like I got spoiled!

- Fabric scraps - including a gorgeous piece of light blue paisley
- Card stock
- Several packets of rickrack trim
- 2 boxes of fabric dye
- a whole bunch of beads
- a package of plastic haircombs and a wide barrette (the kind I wear all the time!)
- plastic ornaments
- paper-ribbony stuff
- stickers and punched out cardstock shapes
- pompoms
- a cross stitch kit (I will probably abandon the design itself, but I am delighted to have more embroidery thread and a bit of cross stitch fabric to practice on, as I didn't have any on hand)
- a mini grab bag of random surprises, including lovely gold butterfly charm/buttons and the BEST medieval-themed buttons ever!

I dont' have a digital camera, but I think Cookies may have scanned a sample of the goods before she sent.  I just wanted to tell everyone that she did terrific on her first-ever swap, and I hope this is the beginning of a long and happy "swapping career" for her!  THANKS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005 07:08:17 PM »

Wow - great packages everyone!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
Cookies
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005 08:13:57 PM »

Here's some of the stuff I sent to Writer78...sorry it took me so long to post the pics!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005 05:36:23 PM »

I recieved from spork71 today

This is the package I recieved including a cute little "E" for erica note pad:

And here's my package of what I sent her:

Wee! Thank you Spork!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005 07:30:14 PM »

*lurk*  Cheesy

princess_me should be getting her package soon. cool stuff so far, it's neat to see what sort of stash everyone has.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005 06:16:07 PM »

this is what o got from SewPixie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thai Chicken Pasta Recipe
How to Make a Maki Roll
The Cuisine of the Filipino American Community
The Cuisine of the Thai American Community
How to Prepare a Durian
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...