A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swapper Swap - OCTOBER (gallery)  (Read 31329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2005 02:51:36 PM »

Today (after being out of town on a family emergency) I recieved a GORGEOUS gift from an un-named Uncomditional Swapper in WA. I am absolutely in LOVE with the item she sent me.... and I *will* post pictures! It's a beautiful screened t-shirt advertising my website!! How cool is that??
Swapper, whoever you are- I want to personally thank you. You've given me the *perfect* idea. I think I might make similar shirts for people that help me at craft fairs. You ROCK!
(oh! and if you have pictures, it might be easier for you to post them?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2005 03:00:07 PM »

Fadeawaydreams sent me the most perfect knitting tote. It really is incredible. It is so sturdy cause it's interfaced. This weekend I took my knitting with me to my friends house to watch a game and also had my camera and my purse in the bag, which is EXACTLY what I wanted to be able to do!
Here are some pictures:

and the contents with the great pockets (I was knitting another carrot for my carrot halloween costume)

When I asked for this item I didn't think anyone would actually make one cause it's so much work and she made me a gorgeous perfect one- I'm sooo happy.
She also included a loteria set which was one of my wishes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2005 03:33:27 PM »

so beautiful! i love that knitting tote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerquilts
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2005 06:31:05 PM »

Ohh!  Neat knitting bag!  I'd actually do more knitting if I could carry it around in something like that!  Lucky you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fadeawaydream
« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2005 08:33:59 PM »

Fadeawaydreams sent me the most perfect knitting tote. It really is incredible. It is so sturdy cause it's interfaced. This weekend I took my knitting with me to my friends house to watch a game and also had my camera and my purse in the bag, which is EXACTLY what I wanted to be able to do!
When I asked for this item I didn't think anyone would actually make one cause it's so much work and she made me a gorgeous perfect one- I'm sooo happy.
She also included a loteria set which was one of my wishes.

Yay! I'm so glad it met your specifications--let me tell you, it was definitely hard to let go of that tote! I actually let it sit in my room for a few days so that I could admire it before I sent it out, lol. Really, I'm not that vain... Wink Anyhow, glad you're toting it around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2005 10:32:29 PM »

What a great week!  Today I received a grocery tote from kiki_eks.  I love it, love it, love it.  So, without further ado...

Why This Tote From Kiki_Eks is the Best Ever
by Bigmouth

I dig the fabric!  Ripstop nylon in a funky greenish color, and veggie-print cotton! 
It's so well-constructed.  She really knows what she's doing.  And she even added a matching keychain!

It's also really compact.  I decided immediately to run to the store to test its strength.  Now that I have a new, non-bulky (non-falling-apart!) wallet (thanks, pink_dinosaur!), it fit really easily inside my small purse.

Now, kiki_eks said she tested its strength with a six-pack of wine(!).  I wasn't planning to drink quite that much this weekend.  Wink  But I did need groceries, badly.  What better place than the checkout line for an action shot?  And, yep, it's Halloween weekend.  Check out the guy in the checkout line behind mine...
I filled an entire shopping basket with my stuff, and I still had room in the bag.

I love this tote.  It couldn't be more perfect.  kiki_eks, you rule!  Thank you so much!

It got to you fast. I am so happy to see you like it. I do too. Wink so, much better than the one I made myself (plain ripstop). I fell for that color and had to use it.
Yep a six pack of wine. I jumped around with it, swung it over the balcony, did a couple of rip curls - lol.... I do hope it holds up for all your shopping trips and that you get your .05cents credit. Mine has been going strong for a year now & my checkout guys are always shocked when I tell them it's ok to fill it. I love your "in action" shots. Your posts are fun to read and that guy in the back posing for the picture is too funny.  Grin

edit: took out already posted photos as stated in the News Smiley
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005 01:36:24 PM by kiki_eks » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2005 11:26:31 PM »

Today (after being out of town on a family emergency) I recieved a GORGEOUS gift from an un-named Uncomditional Swapper in WA. I am absolutely in LOVE with the item she sent me.... and I *will* post pictures! It's a beautiful screened t-shirt advertising my website!! How cool is that??
Swapper, whoever you are- I want to personally thank you. You've given me the *perfect* idea. I think I might make similar shirts for people that help me at craft fairs. You ROCK!
(oh! and if you have pictures, it might be easier for you to post them?)

Oops...forgot about signing my username to this one. Roll Eyes  I only have a picture of the back of the shirt and it was taken before I added a black island to separate the faerie's waist from her arm, but this will give you the general idea:  

I stenciled metallic silver on a black shirt.  The front says "Make a Wish..." in the same font, which I stole from her website because I thought it was mighty cool (though it took a while to track down).
Thanks for the kind words and I'm really glad that you like it so much.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:51:42 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2005 11:32:00 PM »

oh.. it's really cute. i've just learned how to stencil (yay) and i'm still getting the hang of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2005 11:56:28 PM »

that's an awful nice gift! what a great way to get your site info out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2005 06:45:26 AM »

Yep a six pack of wine. I jumped around with it, swung it over the balcony, did a couple of rip curls - lol....

I just lol'd, too.  I'm picturing the people down below the balcony.  And also thinking about how I'd probably have sent it through the window!  Yeah, I love that bag.

Pink_Dinosaur pm'd me to say she got the shirts I sent her.  I'll post the photos, since she's looking for her camera!

Ewww, gray looks nasty against tan carpet.  The stars on the tank top wrap around to the back:

The t-shirt was done with several different pieces of transfer paper.  I used a dinosaur coloring page I found online as the template.  I scanned crinkly pink fabric and some of the handmade paper I sent JazzyBee earlier in the month, then cut different parts of the dinosaur (body, back, eyes, eyeballs) from them.  They all ironed on separately, but came out looking like one smooth piece. 

(Now I get to do something with the leftovers!)
So glad they fit, Pink_Dinosaur.  That's the scariest part of sending things to people you've never seen in person!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005 05:19:41 PM by Bigmouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Big Game Snackers with Chef Jill Houk
Brunch for a Bunch with Chef Cat De Orio
Charcoal Grill Barbecue Demo
Red, White, and Blue Dog by Chef Cat De Orio
Potato Salad with Hot Smoked Sausage by Chef Jill
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...