After attending a recent craft fair and buying more card stock for my card making, I realised that I really needed something to hold all of it in. Hence the box below.
1. Take corrugated cardboard box and cut down to size, with box knife. Inside dimensions of the box are bigger than required. Tape box sides together with masking tape.
2. With cardboard offcuts, tape pieces of cardboard to the sides and base of your new box. Each side has two layers of cardboard.
3. Make sure all raw edges of cardboard are covered with a layer of masking tape.
4. Paper mache the entire box, including the inside with tissue paper and PVA Glue diluted 1:1 with water. You need several layers to make sure the cardboard corrugations and masking tape are well consealled. Modge Podge can also be used.
5. Once glue is dried, paint with black acrylic paint.
6. Glue Japanese yuzen paper to front side.
7. Vanish inside and outside with at least 10 coats of PVA Glue /Water diluted 2: 1, allowing each coat to dry. Modge Podge can also be used.
8. Embellish with Asian Coin and small tassel (purely decorational), Coin is attached with hot glue.