A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,292
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swapper Swap - OCTOBER  (Read 16525 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ecstasia
Little Girl Lost

I love personal swaps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005 05:02:48 PM »

I just sent my information via a pm. I have been wanting to sign up since I first saw the September thread and decided to wait til October. Anyway, here's my list =)

I live in the United States. In California to be precise.

01) I would love to have a blanket made for me. I love blankets since I can't knit, crochet or cut straight, I can't make my own. It doesn't matter if it's made by knitting, crocheting or even the no-sew fleece blankets. Any designs as long as there are no religious symbols please.

02) A hobo bag - Always wanted one, could never find one I liked enough to buy. I'd love a themed one.

03) A homemade journal - I don't care how it's bound. It can even be spiral I do prefer ruled pages but blank is fine. Preferably 5x7 or similar and with many pages as I write a lot. -- Thank you so much to my mystery swapper! I can't wait to see it. I love journals so much =)

About Me: My name is Melissa and I go by Lissi to help distinguish myself from the other millions of Melissa's. I'm 25 (birthday was September 20th). I love themed things. My favorite themes are James Dean (yesterday was the 50th anniversary of his death *cry*), Star Wars (Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader/Sith based), Lolita (either version), Celestial, Celtic, The Roaring 20's, Alice in Wonderland, faeries, 80's cartoon (especially She-Ra and Rainbow Brite), or anything else you think that I would like. (You can always check my site for info on me) My favorite colors are black, blue, purple, silver. I also like some red and pink sometimes and in moderation. I'm a movie, book and journal whore. And contrary to how I come across, I'm actually not that picky. I'd love anything that someone made for me!

-- Lissi
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005 12:08:35 PM by ecstasia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005 05:55:16 PM »

Craftsters rock my socks!
I'm in the US--Nevada

Man this is so hard to choose only a few things... but here goes.

1. A fun funky necklace, some examples:
A postage stamp necklace, kind of like these seen here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39105.0
A resin charm for a necklace, with like a beetle inside or something like that
One of those long necklaces with a bunch of charms on them, like something crocheted, etc.

2. Some crocheted earrings (made with embroidery floss) Like in this thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51735.0

3. Any of your craft/sewing magazines or craft/sewing crap you don't use.  Or pages out of magazines with project ideas, patterns, instructions, etc. that you might not want.  I love random trims, buttons, fabrics, and I love looking at patterns and magazines for ideas, or instructions for or copies of projects you've tried and love.  I just like trying new things.  Ok that was long winded, but you get the idea!

Just a little about me...
I'm 24... I live in Las Vegas.  I think my style is eclectic, boho, fun, casual.  I grew up on a farm, went to school on the EC, and now live here, so it's really a mixture of all of those.  I'm really getting geared up for fall so I'm into the fall colors right now--rust, brown, creams, camel, olive green, plum purple.  I sew-bags, stuffed animals, clothes.  I am trying (and currently failing) to learn to crochet and knit because I think everything about it is so beautiful.

I'm technically a "stay at home mom," but I hate that term, I feel it makes me sound old and totally underestimates all the work I do.  I love my husband, daughter, animals--especially our chihuahua, three cats, and rat--and craftster... I'm addicted.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2005 06:57:01 PM by aschnebly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chrispykreme
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005 06:30:02 PM »

THANK YOU FOR PICKING ME! I CAN"T WAIT TO BE SURPRISED.

I live in Texas -- USA

So here are my three magical wishes...

1) I would like a fabric knitting needle case. The kind with little pockets that you roll up and tie with a ribbon. I am growing a collection of needles and they are just sitting in a basket right now. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51175.0

2) A t-shirt with Amelie stenciled on it. Or anything wearable with that cute Amelie stencil. I just love that movie. I wear S/M sized t-shirt.

3)A bracelet or necklace where they beads look like they are floating. I don't know how to describe it, but the beads don't touch; they are spaced out along the wire. I'll see if I can find a picture of what I mean. THANK YOU MY CRAFTY FRIEND!!

I am 25 years old and married. I live in Austin, Texas. My favorite colors are any shade of blue and peridot/sage/asparagus types of green. I am not a big fan of pink, but I like most other colors. I love squirrels, monkeys, dachshunds, garden gnomes, stripes, and polk-a-dots. My favorite movies are Eternal Sunshine..., Amelie, Tao of Steve, Sliding Doors, Fully Monty, and Moulin Rouge. I love British bands. I love Italy. I don't know if any of this information is helpful, but I am a pretty relaxed person and would love about anything someone would make for me. Feel free to PM me for specifics, if needed!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005 05:55:15 AM by chrispykreme » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005 07:17:15 PM »

i am in california (in the USA, of course). my wishes are:

1) a small purse in the shape of some sort of food Smiley i admit it: i'm addicted to food! I love: potatoes (!), cheese, strawberries, apples, tomatoes, beef, chicken, and sushi.  - ROCK ON! whoever is awesome to me!!!

2) Supplies to make Kanzashi (japanese folded) flowers -- basically squares of cloth of any type (fat quarter size? i think even half a fat quarter is ok); it would be ok if they were scraps... i would LOVE some fun patterns like with polka dots or with stripes or stars or anything, really! also beads for the middle like fake pearls or interesting buttons.

3)
crocheted sushi magnets Smiley similar to these: http://shop.mmm-fruit.com/sushi.htm
i am in love with them!

REVISION: instead of sushi magnets i want crocheted flowers! i love them but i'm still learning how to crochet! (if you want to throw in some patterns, i wouldn't mind!)
thank you whoever picked me!!!

anything you need to know about me is here: www.sandrisuperstar.com/aboutme.html
and my blog is here: www.sandrisuperstar.com
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005 08:58:55 AM by lasandri » THIS ROCKS   Logged

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005 07:30:21 PM »

I'm in the US.

My wishes: Edited!

1. I would love a stuffie! An owl or octopus would totally make me squeel with delight, but anything cute would do, and any color is just fine. 

2. A charm bracelet! I've been wanting one of these forever! And, I totally forgot to put it on my list. I would love a nature themed one. trees, birds, flowers, leaves! yummy! and in anything but gold! my wrist size is 6.5".

3. hair goodies! i've seen some of the cutest little beaded and decorated hair clips and bobby pins lately! and while talking about all my swapping with my boyface, he suggested i get some new hair "thing-a-ma-bobs". good idea! i have super thick curly hair, and i tend to use about 20 bobby-pins a day to keep it up and out of my way. i'm so anti-pony tail, its ridiculous.

About me: I'm an earthy sorta-girl who adores nature. I love flowers, birds (owls!), and trees especially! I like neutral tones, and nearly all colors, except yellow, neons and gold. I'm pretty easy to please. I adore victorian, 20's and 40's styled goodies. Anything cute and crafty rocks my world. Just pm me if you need anything else.

i also have a page made up for swapper info, check it out here http://seaofstars.com/swapper.html if you need any more info or ideas.

Now, to pick someone to craft for...

Thank you to the two wonderful craftsters who finished me off for this month!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2005 10:33:02 AM by seaofstars » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
justjenn81

Sitting in my corner of Texas!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005 07:31:32 PM »

I am in the USA (Texas to be exact).

My wishes are:

1. Fabric with funky patterns.  I absolutely love the funky patterns out there and can't get enough of them.  I know different parts of the world sell different patterns and I would love to see what other people think is funky.  I am making a quilt just out of funky patterned fabric and can't get enough.

2. A matching beaded bracelet and necklace.  I love wearing jewelry to work and my students love seeing different jewelry each day.  They are getting tired of what I wear as much as I am.  Smiley

3. Surprise me!  Smiley

About me: I am a 24 year old gal from Texas.  My favorite colors are red and blue.  I wear a lot of red, blue, pink, and black.  I love frog related things as well as cherry related things.  I have a tattoo of each.  My classroom is decorated in frogs.  I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, and a teacher.  You can always find out more information about me at www.xanga.com/justjenn81 or just PM me and I would be more than happy to answer.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005 02:44:04 PM by justjenn81 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faerietail
Wing-Maker Extraordinaire

When force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005 07:33:42 PM »

Just lemme say - thank you thank you to whoever is making me a knitting needle case. You rock! Cheesy

Before I get started, let me just tell you that I live in Australia. Yes, that's right, she's an Aussie folks!

Alrighty, anyway, these are my wishes (of the moment):

1) Ok, this is my long shot request. I want one of these purdyful scarves. For the life of me, I just can't figure out this whole crochet thing. I've got a crochet brain blockage! Anyway, if some truly wonderful person wants to knit one of these for me, in either pale/sage green and light pink or black and red (or green and red), I would love you forever. FOR-EV-ER. Promise.

2) Kool Aid and beads! Ok, I know this isn't actually a craft request, but these are two things that are not easily accessable to me. Kool Aid, because I spin and dye and you can't get it at all in Australia (oh woe is me, etc) and beads because I'm broke and can't afford them! I don't mind what flavours of Kool Aid or what kind of beads (as long as they're not super cheapo plastic ones - I can afford those). Oh, FYI, that's UNSWEETENED Kool Aid as well. Cool! Cheesy

3) I would like a knitting needle case (you know, the one of the fabric rolly-uppy ones)! I've really gotten insane about knitting lace lately, and several of you seem to be really talented at making these. If you want to throw in ANYTHING else knitting related, I'd love you more than words could say.

My name is Elisabeth, I'm 21, and I live in Australia. I run my own business, making fairy wings and the like, and am going to Uni next year to study set design for theatre and tv. I love ALL colours, really, I do -- although my favorites are turquoise/aquamarine, greens, reds, amber/dark oranges. And I have cats.

Oh, and I do or have done just about every craft in the crafty spectrum (knit, sew, spin, weave and make jewellry at the moment).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005 07:26:40 PM by Faerietail » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy some fairy wings! - www.faerietail.com
Buy hand spun yarn - fey.etsy.com
lusterbunny
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005 09:29:24 PM »

I live in the US.

OK I just became an aunt on Thursday so all of my requests are baby related.

1.  Some sort of knitted baby stuff like a hat, sweater, booties, or anything else.  I can't knit and probably won't ever figure it out.

2.  Cute stuffies, any homemade baby toys, or any other cute baby gear. They can be sewn, knitted, crocheted, whatever.  Make whatever you would like and use any type of animal or character you want.  Just nothing with buttons or other things that could be a choking hazard.

3.  A nursing necklace in darker colors.  These are durable necklaces that mom wears while the baby nurses.  They keep baby occupied so they don't get distracted and leave you with your tit hanging out.  Mom's a kind of classy lady so nothing gaudy or plastic.   
Here are a few examples http://www.preggersnproud.com/category/nursingnecklaces/
and
http://www.evalillian.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=necklace
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005 02:12:20 PM by lusterbunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my naughty tiles at www.lusterbunny.etsy.com
munchie
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005 09:58:39 PM »

I live in Australia and my three wishes are-

1. Home made peppermint lip balm, the type that gives a nice cool tingle. (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45884.0)

2. A funky necklace like any of these
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Kittycat-Black_Other-Big-Eyed-Creatures_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=53166.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39105.0

3 Bead and findings, I would love some bead anytype would do (except ponybeads) I'm getting sick of the same selection that I can get at the local bead store.

Things about me:
Favorite Colours: Black, red, dark colours, splashes of bright vibrant colours
Colours i dislike: Pink (unless its a pale pink) Baby/powder blue
I'm a 3d artist and i love watching cartoons. My favorite cartoons would have to be Invader Zim and daria. I also watch alot of anime, and i enjoy witch hunter robin, flcl, love hina. I love reading fantasy novels and listening to music.
My taste in general varries to to fit whatever mood I'm in.
I'm not all that picky all the links and such are just guides to give you a better idea of what i like.

Pia
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005 09:28:39 AM by munchie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005 10:27:09 PM »

I'm having a grand time planning out what I'm making for someone, and maybe I'll give someone the same type of pleasure by posting my list!  I'm in the US (Ohio).

1.  I would love love love a '60s kitchy or '70s mod style tablecloth to match my orange, yellow, and avocado green placemats I bought at a garage sale a while back.  The table needs a tablecloth about 60" x 80".  Maybe a white tablecloth with some stencilling or embroidery... or maybe you have a better idea!  I'd like to give a retro look to my little dining room.

2.  A wallet, with card slots and a zipper section for change (that part's hard, I know.  Why do you think I haven't made one myself?  Wink)    EDIT:  By the way, duct tape is a-ok with me.  And change doesn't have to be zipped in, necessarily--snap or velcro or whatever would be fine, too.  Just so my pennies don't fall all over the floor.

3.  A grocery-shoppin' tote.  Gotta be strong enough for yams & Vruit juice!

I love vintage/retro stuff (particularly '70s & earlier), and things that are odd or offbeat.  My favorite purse looks like a 1970s transistor radio, I have a hallway decorated with pulp fiction covers, and I used to wear a pendant made of a gold-plated piece of kale.  I love kitschy photos of food, like those from old cookbooks--for some reason, photos of things like pineapple-spam casseroles are so amusing to my vegetarian self.  I'm not into wearing or carrying things with overtly sexual images.  And, just in case you think you've got my style pegged down:  some days I'm head-to-toe Adidas (go figure, huh?  it's a work thing.  and it's all from the last-chance clearance racks at the closeout stores). 

Thank you, generous Craftsters who picked me!  I'm so excited!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005 12:50:34 PM by Bigmouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Potato Salad with Bacon & Mustard Vinaigrette
Learn About Hawaii Regional Cuisine
How to Make ZipSauce Seafood
How to Make ZipSauce Chicken
How to Cook Steak With ZipSauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...