A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need a good carrot Cake Recipe  (Read 1631 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , carrot , cake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005 10:03:51 AM »

the secret to a good carrot cake is a simple sugar syrup. use any recipe. just make the cake a day or two ahead, to give the cake ample time to rest. the measurements i'm giving is for a standard 9x13 cake. you may need more or less, depending. this is by no means an exact science!

while the cake's  baking, bring 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 water to a boil. boil vigorously until the sugar is dissolved. set aside. when the cake comes out of the oven, pour the syrup evenly over the cake. let the cake cool, then cover the cake and refrigerate, and allow it to rest for a day so that the syrup is evenly soaked up. then ice the cake and serve as usual. what you get is an unbelievably moist, dense cake. heaven!

each cake recipe is different, so you'd have to experiment with how much syrup you actually use on the cake. too much and the cake is soggy, not enough and the cake is too dry. you also need that day for the cake to rest, otherwise it just isn't as good. hth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
LSTinVA
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005 12:36:35 PM »

Oh that is too cool and so evil!  Does it work on other cakes too??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that_random_girl
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005 12:41:02 PM »

the recipie i have for carrot cake doesnt have pineapple in, but it used mushed up bananas. my mum always makes me make it when some bananas in our house go a bit brown and mushy so she can use them up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and you've been so many places, I guess it must be so...
lovelyislacey
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005 01:27:54 PM »

I hve a food processor and I normally only buy baby carrots, my boys will eat baby carrots not big ones.  I guess I did not realize there was pineapple in a carrot cake , I love carrot cake and hate pineapple, go figure,I have never seen a recipe with pineapple in it, maybe that is why mine always turn out so bad.

This is my all time favorite carrot cake. Its the best I have found yet. This recipes has no pineapple. There is a  icing recipe that follows the cake recipe but I have never tried it. Most carrot cake recipes i use I always frost the cake but not this one I have never frosted it I dont think it needs frosting. I also leave out the nuts because I am not a big fan of nuts in my food. This is soooo good! Carrotcake is my favorite cake and this one is really the best! Oh and I always put it ina bunt pan I dont know if this makes a difference to the texture of the cake or not but I have never cooked it in regular cake pans. Anyway heres the link

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/104845

You should totally try this one! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 15/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 6/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 16/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 13/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 1/16
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...