A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Origami Wallet  (Read 27067 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Teelget
Carnivorous Antelope

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2005 01:09:46 PM »

Wonderful - thanks so much for the tutorial! We're having an origami swap at one of my groups and this purse is just awesome. Well, I'm off to make decorated paper  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparklepixi
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2005 10:59:42 AM »

Those are so cute! I might have to make one this afternoon! Good Job, thanks for posting a tutorial too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ambrosia_luv
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005 01:32:23 PM »

I just made it and it was so simple the directions were super easy to follow. I plan to give birthday presents,
a-la gift cards and cash in origami wallets from now on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't create I just take what God has given me and make it look different.
Ithinktomuch
Slightly Insane

Yarn is my drug of choice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2005 10:15:17 AM »

These rock! I'm totally trying it. Just one question. Do laminate the paper (or cover it w/ packing tape) and then do the origami? Or do u do s/t else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's be free to be you and me, free to crochet and knit, free to twirl hooks and click needles" -Debbie Stoller
girlofdashboard
kung foo kick to the FACE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2005 10:47:08 PM »

i just sat here at my computer and did this with fabric... it was really hard... so i put clear tape on one side so the folds would hold more... then used double sided tape to hold it all together... i didnt have ribbon that matched so i used the double sided tape and some of the fabric and made crappy ribbon... eh it did the job... but all and all im pretty happy with i turned out with... thanks for the info
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAURA!!!
piggySTY
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2005 05:47:24 PM »

These rock! I'm totally trying it. Just one question. Do laminate the paper (or cover it w/ packing tape) and then do the origami? Or do u do s/t else.

for the ones there, i folded first, then covered the whole thing clear packaging tape. Then, i took a knife and made slits in the tape where the pockets are supposed to be

but...

i recently have been experimenting with waterproofing paper and such for origami vases ... and if you use spray adhesive and put saran wrap on both sides -- its pretty sturdy and its waterproof! (i havent tried this on the wallets but it works wonders with vases.)

i just sat here at my computer and did this with fabric... it was really hard... so i put clear tape on one side so the folds would hold more... then used double sided tape to hold it all together... i didnt have ribbon that matched so i used the double sided tape and some of the fabric and made crappy ribbon... eh it did the job... but all and all im pretty happy with i turned out with... thanks for the info

try starching the fabric w/ stiffy (?) the fabric origami site says that it'll hold creases just like paper

THIS ROCKS   Logged
silencepainter
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2005 11:14:47 AM »

I just made a really ugly one out of lined paper just to try it.  Worked out great!  Now I must make some pretty paper to use!  Thanks so much!

Lauren
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2005 11:18:25 AM »

i made one out of felt. it turned out a little bulky, but cute. more of a clutch wallet. see it in the felt swap gallery. it's bule w/ a UK flag on the front! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Nick Robinson
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2005 05:50:57 AM »

"screw the publishing company" is not a very mature philosophy, because the people you are really screwing are the author of that book (Gay Merrill Gross) and the creator of that design, whose name you omit to mention, and whose permission you choose not to seek. That creator would be me.

In the origami world, you won't find anyone more willing to share their work (see www.nickrobinson.info/origami) but it's common courtsey, not to mention a legal requirement, to get permission before (re)publishing copyrighted material.

It's an old thread, so you may not read this, but I hope others do and think twice before screwing poeple, as it were.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pandorascraftbox

you're eating your banana wrong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2005 01:23:54 PM »

a great idea. I had some issues with the directions cause I suck at folding but the one I made out of gold foil paper that I gave to my friend was very well recieved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd like to represent you as your accountant and boyfriend, if that's at all possible.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Non-Linear Editing Basics in Final Cut Pro
Modern Horror: Mockumentary
How to Look Good on a TV Interview
Creating the Ideal Recording Environment
Watch, Pass, or Rent: The American & Going the Distance
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...