A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,055
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Origami Wallet  (Read 26856 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the.fee.fairy
Faeryish

Flying free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005 12:23:59 PM »

i like them! if you can't post a tut, and you have to secretly PM them, let me know  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'The Secret to living's Not Dying' - Kilnaboy
squeaky_kleen
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005 01:36:57 PM »

Oooh! Please post a tutorial! Those wallets are so cool. I've been looking for a wallet that's not too big and looks good. These look perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my knitting blog: http://clairemitchell.wordpress.com/
xxmorganxx
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005 05:21:48 PM »

i like them! if you can't post a tut, and you have to secretly PM them, let me know  Smiley

yes, let me know too please!!

<3Morgan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3[/color]Morgan[/size]

my personal Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/toucan13

Sparkling Icons! http://www.xanga.com/morgans_sparkles

.m.y.s.p.a.c.e. www.myspace.com/morgan_x3
be my friend if you want!
kellwych
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005 02:25:46 PM »

I wanted to make this too, so after a little searching I came up with this

http://leewm.freeshell.org/origami/

The pattern/instructions are at http://leewm.freeshell.org/origami/wallet.pdf but I am putting the other link too in case you guys have slow connections, and would like to see a picture of the finished pattern before opening the pdf file. 

If you scroll down [on the top link!!] about 3/4 of the way, there will be a picture of the finished wallet.

It may not be it, but it seems close...

-t

funnily enough, there is mention of tyvek :]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005 02:51:19 PM by kellwych » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LisaMRose
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005 02:56:23 PM »

I tried this one last night and apparently I'm too stupid to do it right? I couldn't get it to work. It's confusing because of the paper flipping and where the numbers are positioned -- if someone who does origami could explain, that'd be great.

I want a tut if one gets PMed around, please. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa M. Rose
kellwych
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005 06:54:51 PM »

I tried this one last night and apparently I'm too stupid to do it right? I couldn't get it to work. It's confusing because of the paper flipping and where the numbers are positioned -- if someone who does origami could explain, that'd be great.

I didn't try it, but I will right now.  Forgot that I just got a printer, woo!  (only exciting cos it's a printer/scanner/copier combo)

Anyhow, if it works out, I'll let you cats know.

-t
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeaky_kleen
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005 07:37:30 PM »

I want a tut if one gets PMed around, please. XD

I tried it and it didn't work for me either. I just changed a few of the folds and it turned out okay. Just fiddle around with it a bit and you might figure it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my knitting blog: http://clairemitchell.wordpress.com/
kellwych
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005 08:22:05 PM »

OK I gots it.  The number positioning was just bad, so let's do this:

Definitions:
1. a mountain fold is when you fold a piece of paper, and the fold comes towards you - in the simplest sense, it creates a simple mountain.  like looking at an open card from the outside, if it is standing up like a tent, that is a mountain fold.
2. a valley fold is the opposite, it creates a "valley" in the paper when you are looking down at it.  as if you were looking at the INSIDE of an open card.  got it?
3. every fold you make for now will be for establishing good creases.  this is optional, but it makes things easier in the end.  so after creasing, unfold the paper to a flat state.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions:

1.  Mountain fold down the center, lengthwise, top to bottom.  [hint: If you had printed out the diagram, all the writing would be visible on the outside of the tent that this mountain fold creates.]  uncrease.
2.  Valley fold the first horizontal line, you're bringing the top edge of the paper down to meet the rest of it.  well, as far as the fold goes.  uncrease.
3.  Mountain fold the second line.  uncrease.
4.  Valley fold the third horizontal line, uncrease, then do the same to the fourth and last line, uncrease.  If it gets rough at the bottom, you can start folding the bottom edge of the page up to meet the rest of the paper.  As long as you are still doing valley folds [where demarcated]
5.  [OK.  You should have a dilapidated fan now].  Valley fold the two vertical edges, the lines that are about 3/4 of the way on the long sides of the paper. uncrease.  You're done!

Assembly:

1.  Fold down at first horizontal line, following your old crease, that should be a valley fold.  LEAVE FOLDED.
2.  Then fold away from you, the second line, that should be a mountain fold.  Should be like starting a paper fan.  Leave folded.
3.  Now valley fold the sides towards you, the thin edges that are about 3/4 inch wide.  You're folding these towards the middle of the page.
4.  Make another valley fold, you can fold that whole mess down towards the remnants of the page.  Looking like a wallet now. 
5.  Fold the last part up.  It's loose now, but at the sides, you'll see where you can tuck in the top inside part of the wallet into the little folds.  you want those tucked into the little folds or else the wallet won't have a bottom..

Oh yes, valley fold the middle, and you have your closed wallet.

Sorry so long-winded, I'm weird about being specific...

-t

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kellwych
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005 08:24:20 PM »

I just saw that the original poster decided to link to tutorials....

Now I hope these wallets are different, I just spent a bajillion years figuring out how to explain those directions!

LOL

Well, no matter what, we have origami wallets now!

-t
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LisaMRose
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005 05:41:47 PM »

Oh, wow! Thanks so much, that was very easy to understand.

XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa M. Rose
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 10/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 11/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 14/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 6/12
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...