A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 312,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: reconstructed skirt (for inspirational puposes only)  (Read 5991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 03, 2004 02:20:15 PM »

ok - i am posting this skirt, but PLEASE please don't ask me for a tutorial because i honestly have NO idea how i made it. LOL! so why bother posting? because in the process of making it i learned something i think is worth sharing.

i learned that even if you aren't sure how to do something, even if you aren't sure how it is going to turn out, even if you think you can't do it - you should try!! what harm can it do? so you "waste" a little time using your hands and your brain instead of watching the tv...and who knows? you might even enjoy yourself! that's the thing - even tho my skirt isn't perfect and even tho it doesn't look anything like what i was going for, i challenged myself, i learned from it, and most importantly i had fun. i'm proud of that. i guess that is the real point i've been trying to get to with this post. sometimes while we're out there making all this great stuff  we get so tied up in the (self-imposed) pressure to make things that are perfect that we forget it's supposed to be fun. so relax! try something new! you never know what might happen...

ok - i'll get off my soapbox now!!  Grin on to the skirt:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 07:28:39 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

second hand smoke: Recycle-Remix-Refresh
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004 02:25:22 PM »

Wow  Shocked  I don't know what you were going for, but that skirt is awesome!  
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004 03:18:53 PM »

beautiful skirt. and great inspirational message. its so true. i hear so many people saying they aren't crafty or creative but then they never really give it a try. we all have the potential to be crafty just need to actually do it

yay Smiley
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004 03:46:37 AM »

that is one fab skirt, is it the combination of more than one material, or is the material multicolored?
i love the color combination, excellent job...
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004 07:15:11 AM »

thanks! it's made from 2 thrift store tshirts (cost a whole $2 for the pair) - one was a huge (mens XL) blue shirt with an alien head on it from roswell nm, the other was a bright orange softball t with a 17 on the back and a bunch of girls names and an abstract graphic shape on the front.

second hand smoke: Recycle-Remix-Refresh
Knit it Up!

ThisChic is a D.I.Y Diva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004 01:55:14 PM »

that skirt is soooo cute
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004 10:42:24 AM by trendydiva » THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my knitting  blog!

Join The Allen/Plano Knit Group
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004 03:32:50 PM »

That's really awesome. I like the waistband the most. I think I'll keep this in mind next time I go to Goodwill. I'm always hesitant to make skirts for fear they won't turn out (since I don't use patterns). It really is an inspiration!

<3 Erin

Luck be a Lady...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004 05:27:26 PM »

truly inspirational and shows your courageous imagination at work. great job!!

Chance is the first step you take, Luck is what comes after.

Deranged Speed Knitting

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004 07:58:19 PM »

He he i love it so much.  Way cool!

if i could be anything i'd be your tear/because i was born in your eye/lived in you cheek/and died on your lip
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004 08:55:50 AM »

Thanks for that great post! I am a self taught artist and sewer. The "perfection" demon is something that for many years, stunted my growth as a creator....when I finally got that monkey off my back I noticed that other people started to appreciate my work too.
You said it best....just try....you never know what you can come up with...and the process is suppose to be the fun part!
thanks again

visit my etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Fall Denim Trends
Can You Look Like a Star Everyday?
Trend Report - The Dresses of Your Dreams
Surprising Ways Corsets Will Improve Your Life
How John Varvatos Launched His Own Line
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...