A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE BIG WINTER HOLIDAY GIFT THREAD!!!!  (Read 56040 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Giggles
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2007 11:27:37 PM »

Oh jeeeebus, I have yet to get started on my list.

But right now, I have this idea...

The Boyfriend is REALLY into drums. I know little about them but I want to do something based around this?
I'm actually not worried about his gift, we've been dating about 2 weeks now but we have tons of insiders.

Haha, anyway, onto the idea!

I thought, maybe decoupaging a pair of drumsticks?
I mean I get that maybe they wouldnt be useable after but I think itd be cool in just connecting a bunch of stuff he likes/insiders?

Yayyy, or Nayyy?
Oh...plus, I know momma would be willing to give me cash for his gift but I'm gonna try to make pretty much all of my gifts handmade. Ill try to get some babysitting cash in for sure though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art is amazing in any of its many forms.
Love is unexplainable.
Life is worth so much more than you can imagine.

Currently: In love with Daniel Donayre.
Reading: Johhny Got His Gun.
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2007 02:57:37 PM »

maybe you could woodburn his name/nickname/bandname onto a few pairs of drumsticks? that's an idea i've always wanted to try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2007 04:08:27 PM »

We just found out a few days ago that we are flying home for Christmas (gift from a wonderful BIL) soooo.... yes I will need some gifts for these wonderful family members plus a few others that live around there as well.

MIL: 74 years old, make her some slippers b/c she always has cold toes. She has everything else that she needs or could possibly want.

FIL: 69 years old, he loves his computer and doing video editing and stuff like that. Not too sure what to do for him though. Maybe a criss-cross coaster for his desk and some of his favourite treats -- dutch licorice (aka dropies)

for the SIL's -- make some scrapbook items -- embellishments -- and maybe some jewelry for the ones that aren't into scrapbooking or cardmaking.

for the BIL's -- really really not sure. Baked goodies always go over well. Chocolate pretzels maybe! That would not take up too much room in our luggage either.

for my sister I am making a croched flower scarf inspired by the ones I've seen here. I know she will appreciate it alot!

Everyone else -- nephews and neices and their girl friends /boyfriends.... not sure. I would need a good "anybody" gift for all of them.... maybe some quick fimo clay ornaments (or something like that) for each of them. That's about all I would need to do.

OH YEAH.... the kid's teachers! YIKES. Not doing the chocolate or mug thing for any of them. I know.... a notebook cover for them with a spot to hold a pen. That's it! They would use that!

That's the extent of it.... and I better get cracking on this too! Sheesh talk about giving myself a short deadline on all this!  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
Gaylie
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2008 11:08:24 AM »

Ok, I need some ideas for decorating those stretchy knit gloves.  JoAnn's has them for $1 a pair and I got a few.  I'm making Christmas stockings, and I thought I might put gloves in most of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2008 12:09:22 PM »

I got some in a swap last year where my partner had embroidered flowers on them with yarn  Grin Glittery thread snowflakes would be nice for Xmas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2008 02:04:25 PM »

Oh jeeeebus, I have yet to get started on my list.

But right now, I have this idea...

The Boyfriend is REALLY into drums. I know little about them but I want to do something based around this?
I'm actually not worried about his gift, we've been dating about 2 weeks now but we have tons of insiders.

Something cute I have seen is you make a little round drum pillow. I am not sure if you sew or not but it doesn't seem that difficult to make and I think it'd be cute that he could have a drum he could cuddle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
Nicolev
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2008 08:26:20 PM »

How would you make grocery/produce bags? any cute ideas to liven them up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2008 11:36:32 PM »

How would you make grocery/produce bags? any cute ideas to liven them up?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0 a fantastic grocery bag tutorial by queenofdiy   Grin liven them up with stencils or embroidery or applique or whatever takes your fancy  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2008 11:30:32 AM »

Ok, I need some ideas for decorating those stretchy knit gloves.  JoAnn's has them for $1 a pair and I got a few.  I'm making Christmas stockings, and I thought I might put gloves in most of them.

Somewhere on the 'net I saw that someone added rhinestones to them for the girly girls.  She added some around one of the fingers like a ring and some others she monogrammed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2008 11:39:58 AM »

We just found out a few days ago that we are flying home for Christmas (gift from a wonderful BIL) soooo.... yes I will need some gifts for these wonderful family members plus a few others that live around there as well.

MIL: 74 years old, make her some slippers b/c she always has cold toes. She has everything else that she needs or could possibly want.

FIL: 69 years old, he loves his computer and doing video editing and stuff like that. Not too sure what to do for him though. Maybe a criss-cross coaster for his desk and some of his favourite treats -- dutch licorice (aka dropies)

for the SIL's -- make some scrapbook items -- embellishments -- and maybe some jewelry for the ones that aren't into scrapbooking or cardmaking.

for the BIL's -- really really not sure. Baked goodies always go over well. Chocolate pretzels maybe! That would not take up too much room in our luggage either.

for my sister I am making a croched flower scarf inspired by the ones I've seen here. I know she will appreciate it alot!

Everyone else -- nephews and neices and their girl friends /boyfriends.... not sure. I would need a good "anybody" gift for all of them.... maybe some quick fimo clay ornaments (or something like that) for each of them. That's about all I would need to do.

OH YEAH.... the kid's teachers! YIKES. Not doing the chocolate or mug thing for any of them. I know.... a notebook cover for them with a spot to hold a pen. That's it! They would use that!

That's the extent of it.... and I better get cracking on this too! Sheesh talk about giving myself a short deadline on all this!  Grin Grin

FIL: 69 years old, he loves his computer
Why not make him a personalized mousepad or buy a flashdrive preloaded with pictures.

for the BIL's
How about something for their car like a car organizer or fuzzy dice

Everyone else -- nephews and neices and their girl friends /boyfriends....
How about funny saying tees or wooden plaques for their wall; you could also make magnets with magnet printer paper and make magnetic words/poems, tic tac toe games

lipbalm holders:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42788&d=1168557281

OH YEAH.... the kid's teachers!
How about altered clipboards
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/clipboard.php

or Post It Note Holder
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/acrylic_post_ittrade_note_holder/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008 11:57:35 AM by MsMia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Wavy Bob Hairstyle
How to Blow Dry Hair and Add Volume
Simple Way to Spice Up Your Hair
How to Create Retro Hair Style
How to Create a Bow Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...