A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,186
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE BIG WINTER HOLIDAY GIFT THREAD!!!!  (Read 56043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leaudemiel
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2006 07:54:57 PM »

The calandar came in and I love it! Thanks for the ideas.

I made a bunch of bath salts for my knittings girls. And wrapped most of it. I'm still hoping to get a cowl for mom done (I need to knit something for the woman who birthed me).

And the hubby's sweater is blocking in my newly cleaned craft room. (I'm getting a body form from santa, so I had to clean it up).

Good luck!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo_duckie_xo
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2006 07:44:52 PM »

In need of major ideas.
I have a somewhat odd family, so I'll try my best to describe each family member I need to make a gift for.

Grandpa
He's obbsessed with trains, works for a company building them. Is retirering in June I believe, and has been complaining that its too far away. A very crafty person himself, but in the way of building things and making things work better. Very Very anal about how orderly things are, and orginizes almost every item around.

Uncle Steve
Second owner of Pawn America. (http://www.pawnamerica.com/index.html)
Aunts quiet husband. Into Golf and mickey mouse. Very strict with his kids. Not really into the whole family gathering things, and doesn't show emotion whatsoever.

Oldest Cousin Dallas
Turns 16 a day after christmas, and is excited to get his license. He's a computer nerd and plays any video game he can come in contact with. Very competitive, and tries to beat everybody in everything.

Andrew, littlest cousin
Haha. He's my favorite little guy ever. A very energetic "Cars" obbsessed 7 year old. He loves anything that has to do with the movie cars, or cars in general.

Middle Cousin Logan
Not exactly my favorite one to be around, but whatever. He's really obbsessed with Frogs..? Not really sure what to do with that one.

Middle Cousin Joeshep
He is my age, but was born premature and still is somewhat immature. He's also into video games and legos.

Now, the hard part =/

Heather, my cousin
Heather is two years older than me. She's spoiled, rude and just downright mean to me. She puts me down for being younger than her and takes credit for whatever I say/do. She likes money, shopping, boys and getting what she wants. Not trying to sound bitterer than I can get, but I really don't like her.
I want to make her something that will make her stop making me look so stupid for everything I do.

Britany, my other girl cousin
Britany is obsessed with sports. She is in swimming, volleyball, track and soccer, so she always has something going on. Her and Heather are best friends and spend all their time together.

Gifts I've already made/making;

For my uncle, I'm making him a fishing diary. He is a hardcore fisherman and I thought he would like a journal to put the records of the fish he catches.

For my grandma, I've made her a set of scented bath salts and was going to make her a scarf with fingerweaving.

For my aunt, I've began making her a BEAUTIFUL scarf that I almost want to keep. The material is so soft, It could almost top cashmere. It isn't long, but my aunt is a smaller person, and I thought she would like it just as more of a accsessory than anything. It's a really light pink, and I added white yarn around the outside as a stich, and then the white strings dangling at the ends.

Thank you to all who have posted here, and to those who help with my problems Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/cora__trashed
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2006 08:48:57 PM »

Hi Xo duckie.. I am sorry about your stuck up cousin.  I think we all have people like this is our lives.. for me it was my step sister.. evil, evil girl.. in anycase I always felt like no matter what I did it wasn't good enough.  I sometimes think that it's better not to give to people like this but if you must... I like the Devil Duckie Hairsticks and I also think a bag of some sort would be good.  If you can knit.. then a fuzzy scarf.. but honestly don't put too much into her... usually people like this are unhappy with themselves..

The sports minded cousin would be good for a fleece scarf in her school colors. 

The cousin Logan I would make him a beanie frog.. eithe rout of fleece or again knit/crochet.

For Joseph.. maybe a T-shirt with a gamer logo on it.. or a funny saying that realtes to video games???

Grandpa.. a picture book on trains

Uncle Steve well maybe you could make him some golf club covers.

I'm sure if you did a search on craftster and/or the net you would find patterns for all of this.  I'm sorry I don't have time to post links.. but most of it is on the boards  somewhere.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2006 05:25:48 AM »

Okay, it's down to the wire...

TEACHERS: My kids have two main/homeroom teachers and that's all I can fit in my budget this year. In a small gift bag I am giving them chocolate truffels, Tension Tamer tea (celestial seasoning makes it) and a hand-made hot pack filled with rice. After a day with my son, his teacher needs it all, I'm sure.

Mom and Dad: My boyfried is a photographer and an artist like me so we are working together on getting pictures of me and my two brothers in some frames.

My Kids: 16"x16" throw pillows with a secret pocket for a cd player or book (they read and listen to music when in bed). Also, my 9 year old daughter plays with an American Girl Doll so I have made her some clothes and knitted it a poncho and head band.

My 24 Year Old (cute and single) Younger Brother in Graduate School: Handmade messenger bag specially designed by ME to hold the cardboard tubes he puts his drawing in.

Other Younger Brother and SisInLaw: I'm building a cedar post for his mailbox. He just build a new house.

BOYFRIEND/LOVE OF MY LIFE: It's serendipity with us. I met him 14 years ago, lost touch, met in '99, lost touch, and now I'm in grad school and we met again. This time I am single (divorced) and we are so close. He built this beautiful KOI pond in his greenhouse and it's the first place we kissed so I am making him a Koi Quilt. It's very simple applique so I should have it done by tomorrow night (cross my fingers). I'll find a way to post it after xmas.

HIS PARENTS (or just his mom): I don't know. She's old and crazy. Something nicer than cookies would be good, but I am stumped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2006 05:33:58 AM »

Your gift list sounds great!

I love the idea of the quilt you're making for your boyfriend.  It's very sweet.  Smiley

My fiance & I are doing some photos in frames for parents as well.  Both sets asked for them, so that's pretty easy!

LOL about your (cute and single) brother.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2006 05:38:00 AM »

Oh yeah, I forgot.....

This is the first Christmas as a single mom (I really hate using that stereotype, I want a new one) so there isn't a santa to fill my stocking or to put presents under the tree for Christmas morning so I'm doing it myself. I already took some photos of me and the kids and made them balck and white and did things to them and had them printed and I framed them. I'll give those to myself for christmas. This is fun. I actually get what I want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
Ezri_B
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2006 10:56:44 AM »

Oh yeah, I forgot.....

This is the first Christmas as a single mom (I really hate using that stereotype, I want a new one) so there isn't a santa to fill my stocking or to put presents under the tree for Christmas morning so I'm doing it myself. I already took some photos of me and the kids and made them balck and white and did things to them and had them printed and I framed them. I'll give those to myself for christmas. This is fun. I actually get what I want.

I'm glad you are getting what you want. It's also a bit of an excuse to get yourself a splurge or something just for fun that you may not normally do. I know where I work there are a couple of single moms, and they exchange stockings and then open them on Christmas with their kids, so they are surprised too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2006 05:34:54 AM »

I like that stocking exchanging thing.... hmmmm............... I think I will trade my stocking (empty) for my friend's (also a single mom this year) and we can stuff them for eachother. What fun!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
hp_nerd
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2006 07:00:50 AM »

Well.. I had five friends to craft for.  And two days.  So they all weren't getting the cool stuffies and mountains of perfected amazingness.  They got cut-and-paste.  But I still love the way it turned out! And they did too!  Plus, in total, I think I paid..er.. 25 bucks? 

They got: 
Two hot chocolate mixes
Homemade marshmallows (this picture didn't, because I ran out..  Roll Eyes )
Pop rocks!!!
Christmas Mix CD(BEST songs.. Charlie Brown christmas, some Jackson Five..)
Chocolate drizzled pretzels (used red/green melting wafers, too.. SUPER simple..)
Two ornaments, one with their name in silver sharpie (grr.. looks black in picture)
And gummies in candy-cones (AKA wax paper and construction paper..)

And here is one of it in the box, then all of them all lined up..

Anyway.. not crazy-crafty.. but worked for somebody broke at a Walmart, eh? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for anything is salt water.  Sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinesen

Personal Swap?

My Wist.
to the moon!

don't fret kid, you're just paranoid!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2007 01:30:58 PM »

i've only read the first few pages of this thread, and i've been inspired! as i have no money whatsoever, i'm going to craft all of the gifts i'm giving to my family.

here's what i have so far:

mom: makeup bag, pillows, homemade lip balm, heart/star/puzzle soaps
21 year-old brother: videogame carrying case? [i have no idea. he is in love with videogames and movies. i really don't know what to make.]
25 year-old brother: pillows, embroidered tea towels, hot chocolate & marshmallow mix jar
25 year-old brother's girlfriend: tote, homemade lip balm, heart/star/puzzle soaps
dad - remote control organizer/holder

what do you think? any suggestions?
i'll keep poking around in here to see what i can find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

→ when i was your age, pluto was a planet.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 22/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 16/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 25/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 21/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 26/26
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...