A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE BIG WINTER HOLIDAY GIFT THREAD!!!!  (Read 55254 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2005 07:00:22 AM »

I like the thought of embroidered frogs, but I don't know if she would really want a pillow

How about dish towels? Plain towels are cheap at the grocery store or dollar store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
Cocoa Kitten
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2005 07:56:47 PM »

I like the thought of embroidered frogs, but I don't know if she would really want a pillow

How about dish towels? Plain towels are cheap at the grocery store or dollar store.

Oh my god, that's brilliant!  She was actually just complaining about needing new dish towels!  Thankyou so much, I can't believe I didn't put the two together!  I'm off to find images of frogs!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: December 25, 2005 03:57:59 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
ace
andthen some stuff

i love kitty kisses.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2005 04:02:24 AM »

okay im gonna post piccys of my giftmas presents to family later today wien tehy open them.
i made mom in law a poly clay marvin the martian, complete with nine hours worth of paper stars (i cant get them to work unless i wrap them in tape)

made my sister an incense box, but when i threw it in the oven to finish off the embossing powder it got a bit wonky.

and my step mom in law a birdcage for her garden im packiging filled with paper cranes.

have fun all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.....in bed
IzzyBella

Drag it out of the trash... and make it beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2006 07:48:03 PM »

I'd just like to thank everyone in this thread for making my first totally handmade Christmas a success!  I didn't get everything that I'd wanted to done, but I got a lot of great, easy ideas for last-minute gifts so I managed to give everyone something.  I officially love Craftster now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Project Runway Craftalong!  CLICK HERE!  Now with no deadlines!

Your girl finally got her Etsy
tawna1121
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2006 11:24:03 AM »

Last year I made my mom a small quilt. I'm not a quilter, really, but sewing is my thang. Okay, here's waht I did. I made nine big squares all about 12" x 12". Three of those squares I had machine appliqued my old baby dresses. I cut the backs of the dresses off, saved the little bitty buttons and appliqued the dresses on. The little bitty buttons I sewed on randomly on other parts of the quilt top. It cost nearly nothing (less than $20) and she loves it. Besides, it gets those old dresses out of my closet and back into her house (hee hee). I matched the pale greens and off whites she has in her room.

I have to tell you what my half sis and half bro step mom ( I know my fam is complicated) did for xmas....SHe was going to make them each a quilt *they are in their 30's* but that wouldve been nice BUT She and my Mom put their heads together and .....well THe quilts were made by their step mom out of THeir baby clothes and blankets *donated by their  mom* and trimmed with  my nieces baby blankets. My brother though "that's nice.....OMG ! is THAT MY SPIDERMAN TSHIRT FROM KINDERGARDEN!?"   Was so sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To Live is to Create to Create is to live !
flower
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2006 12:10:00 PM »

I've decided to thrift wool sweaters, felt them in the washing machine, sew them into a purse, and embroider cute stuff on the outside.  I already made one.  It had several moth holes, but after it shrunk, they disappeared and it looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2006 10:23:34 AM »

please excuse if I'm not doing this right, I just joined today and am still finding my way around here.
As for my gifting list, I've not got everything pinned down yet, but have some ideas bouncing in my head. I'm going to try and make socks for some of my family/friends. Some will get fuzzy feet (if I manage to felt, which with what I've got available isn't easy). I may even try argyle socks for my niece, in pink, since she absolutely loves anything pink, and she's made comments about liking what I make. She will also be getting (either for her birthday or Christmas, depending on when I manage to finish this) a Harry Potter-esque scarf in yellow/green (she's a Ducks fan).
The hubby is probably going to make jewelry for sisters/mother, maybe some friends.
I'm thinking of making beaded bookmarks, stitchmarkers, wine charms and stuff like that.
Another thing on the list of possibilities this year is decorated votive candle holders.
There's going to be scarves for some of my friends, I think.
No clue what to do for the hubby yet. He's always the hardest one lol.
I had a whole lot of ideas, but after writing these down, I find myself stumped for other options.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2006 08:46:15 PM »

I think I will make these for those people on my list who I really can't afford to spend too much....this is fairly cheap and easy  to make and everyone seems to like them..I'm starting early though so I will have plenty of time..they are fun to make..

Victorian Kissing Ball

...this is my version...it prob isn't very Victorian but that is what I call it.... a little hard to see because of the green behind it...I used silk roses, and leaves,,,a few beads and small gold balls here and there, a few different flowers on bottom,,,stuck into a styrofoam ball...and topped with a red Velvet ribbon...and a gold tassel for the bottom,,,, pulled all the way through on a gold cord and looped at the top for a hanger... I actually added the cord and tassel first before I put the roses on.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006 08:51:24 PM by eveH » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
dansk
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2006 09:17:51 PM »

Very pretty! I would want one.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Scrapbook Embellishments
How to Paint N Gauge Buildings
How to Paint N Gauge Model Railways
How to Paint Plastic Military Models
How to Clean Model Paint Brushes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...