A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,767
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Fairs Updates  (Read 9697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewsudchic

Macrame'-Modge Podge Maven with a ATC addiction

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2004 12:54:18 PM »

Hey friends,
I attended the okatoma fest this weekend. And found out future craft fest dates from fellow friends.
Here are the dates that i know so far. I'll try to keep this updated. If you have any questions about any of these events or want more info. Just mail or IM me and ask! Smiley
i'll be at these events so it will be good to see ya there!

Hubfest - May 7 & 8 (i'm not sure if it begins the 7th exactly, but i'm certain about the 8th)

Pecan Fest - September 27 & 28

Peter Anderson Arts Fest - Nov 6 & 7

I'm sure there are lots more in the meantime... I'll keep looking and update as needed!
Thanks!

by the way - are there any other fellow Ms crafters in here?!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004 12:59:15 PM by sewsudchic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Serendipity
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004 11:20:38 AM »

I'm actually in TN, but there is no TN section here.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsudchic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004 11:33:49 AM »

Thats a bummer. I haven't heard much on a Tennessee events lately. I have a friend in Gatlinburg who trys to keep me posted...Are you close to MS?
I try to keep updated with events in my state and the surrounding ones as well... But being so many esp. now that summer is here and there are so many fests going on with the warm, er, hot weather.
Maybe we can pull together and update each other Wink
By the way - i like your wears! Very cute! Reminds me of mine esp. the green votive candle holder Smiley
Yay! i'm not the only one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Serendipity
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004 01:56:43 PM »

I am very close to MS -- Right by the border here, in a suburb of Memphis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsudchic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004 02:10:10 PM »

Cheesy i like memphis alot... i like beale street and that BBQ joint, was it BBQ Beale's.. i cant remember, i do remember it had an old streetcar inside.... its been a few since i've been there! very fun though!! How's the crafting/art scene up there?
Are there lots of chic shops and places to scope out? Last time i did all the touristy things... Eventually i want to visit and get a local scope of the place.  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsudchic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004 08:48:43 AM »

i'll be at these events so it will be good to see ya there!

Hubfest - May 7 & 8 (i'm not sure if it begins the 7th exactly, but i'm certain about the 8th)

Pecan Fest - September 27 & 28

Peter Anderson Arts Fest - Nov 6 & 7

Okay an update on the fests.
I missed out on Hubfest, it was too late for me to obtain a booth, and man it was packed that day! very awesome!

I also will not be setting up a booth at the Peter Anderson Arts Fest. since booth spaces cost alot of $$$, like in the hundreds, plus a deposit, which was something i had not expected... so its kinda a bummer, still i dont think its worth it...

Well on the bright side i will still be attending the Pecan Fest! yay! it should be great! im so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Juliya

You may say I'm a dreamer...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004 09:06:45 AM »

Cheesy MISSISSIPPI! RIGHT HERE! ahhh lol. -sings kid rock song- i hate kid rock. anywho... yep. one more mississippian riiight here! haha. just felt like sharing. -scampers off to pick daisies-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squee.
soapie06
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004 06:44:12 PM »

yep, mississippian right here.

i just found this awesome booth in an antique mall the other day in ridgeland,ms... it is really awesome and cheap.

jackson metro area really has  some nice thrift stores! i mean, on one street there are 4 thrift stores and pearl has the BEST thrift stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommiemed
Our New Business

I am a true Firefighter wife....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004 08:10:53 PM »

I live in Tennessee, closer to Kentucky.  There is a huge craft fair in Berea , Ky. Saturday July 10th.
mommiemed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsudchic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004 09:46:44 AM »

Cheesy  oh i'm delighted! i'm gone on vacation for a while and come back to see there are MS craftster gals on here... and lets not forget our TN neighboring gals as well!
so awesome!
i need to share my fave thift/antiques stores... Down here on the coast there is the ever awesome America's Thift store in Gulfport + also one in Ocean Springs. There is the Family thirft in Gulfport as well... In Hattiesburg there are numerous Antique Shops which i visit all of them! so much fun! There is a thrift store in the Petal/H-burg area, but the neighborhood looked shady and i didnt feel comfortable stopping to shop by myself in that place. but anyway If any of you ladies want to know directions to these places just buzz me and i'll let ya know. these places are large and have lots of fun finds for cheap! hurrah!

Right now i'm trying to prepare my goods for the upcoming festival in September... hey ya gotta start early! So i gotta run....

what crafty things are you all into doing?

ps- if you are ever traveling on 49 north into H-burg, headed into Camp Shelby, there is the roadside indoor 49 flea market, i suggest not even wasting your time stopping by... its not worth it... they mainly have alot of knick knack stuff you see on the SMC infomercials... the flea market saddened me, but hey then again you may think differently... but just an fyi.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Authors Celebrate Local Independent Bookstores
History in Five: Tom Clavin and Bob Drury on Red Cloud
Tatiana by Martin Cruz Smith
The Farm by Tom Rob Smith Book Trailer
How to Get a Free EBook?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...