A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Fairs Updates  (Read 10526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Serendipity
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004 09:15:00 PM »

Hey, which festival are you doing in September?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsudchic

Macrame'-Modge Podge Maven with a ATC addiction

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2004 06:42:18 AM »

The Pecan Festival in Richton... Its a 3-day event.  I am most excited. I'll come back and post the exact dates when i have a moment...
peace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewinmamato4
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004 08:17:59 AM »

HI,  I am from Ms too. The coast , I am looking for some cool crafty mamas to hang out with! I really want to learn to quilt and just get some over all great idea for Christmas. If anyone is i nterested please email me and we can plan on a get together SOON!!! im in the Orange Grove area!  Amy

hottnspicynurse@bellsouth.net
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewsudchic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004 08:29:07 AM »

Hey sewinmama!
yay! finally a MS gal close to home. I'm from the Coast area too.. i live in Wiggins... so i'm like 25 minutes from you.
I'm not a mama, but i am cool and crafty!
We should get together to chitchat and so on....
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsudchic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005 11:56:34 AM »

Cheesy Okay, cool news...
I've been invited and pre-registered to have a booth at the Okatoma Festival again on May 5th.
I'll give more details as I find out. The coordinators called me to confirm that I will be there again.
I'll keep yall posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005 11:05:12 PM »

I just moved to philadelphia, MS!! Is that near anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
FerretNose

Shine on, you crazy diamond...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2005 10:14:39 AM »

Yo! Picayune Represent!  teehee. We have the street fair here like twice a year... but it's just about all "ducks in bonnets" type stuff at the crafting booths. It's mostly an excuse for the snots that own the fake antique stores to have sales and people to get their kid's faces painted and balloons from... ack....roving hordes of clowns.

I have been thinking about stirring it up either this coming street fair or the one after that- maybe some stencilled shirts and such. They'll probably get out their pitchforks and chase me out of town, but what the hell.

Anybody near me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna trade ATC's!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferretnose/
amysewsalot
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006 11:05:06 AM »

Coast gal here!  anyone near Jackson County?

Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uproar
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006 11:55:42 AM »

The ANTIGRAVITY Alternative Media Expo is coming up next Saturday, August 19th in New Orleans:

ANTIGRAVITY: Your New Orleans Music & Culture Alternative is proud to announce its ALTERNATIVE MEDIA EXPO is set for Saturday, August 19th at the Howlin' Wolf!

The AME is in its fifth edition (four twice-a-year events from 6/03-4/05 make up its previous rounds) and features over 50 exhibitors with 'zines, comics, films, handmade and original clothing, independent CDs and records, indie and grassroots organizations and much more!

The AME is sponsored by the Charitable Film Network, Dirty Coast, The New Orleans Craft Mafia and NOLAFugees.com.  The first 250 attendees will receive a swag bag created by the Craft Mafia.

The special guest of the Expo is Treme-based writer Mat Schwarzman, author of The Beginner's Guide To Community-Based Arts.

The AME is modeled after national comic conventions, like San Diego's Comic-Con but more like San Francisco's Alternative Press Expo, but with other types of media included.  The point of the Expo is to provide media makers an opportunity to network while exposing attendees to product and another things that mainstream media either ignores or doesn't properly cover.

When: Saturday, August 19th, 4pm-10pm
Where: The Howlin' Wolf (907 South Peters)
Cover: $5

E-Mail: leo@antigravitymagazine.com
Phone: 504.881.7508

All our exhibitors:

504 Whatstyle, Adornments by Draillia, ANTIGRAVITY, Ashe' Cultural Arts Center, Backporch Revolution, Blank The Plague, Bluecamp Arts, Caesar Meadows, Calamity's Ball, Cecelia Hopes, Chris Nicholas, Clothes Rock, Constance, Corey Sanders, Crossroads Project, daFa Fungus, Defend New Orleans, Dismantled Designs, Dirty Coast, Goldfish Jewelry Designs, Humid Beings, Impulss, Iron Rail Bookstore/Library, Itchy Stitches, Jazzy Knits, KK-NOLA, Kelly Baugh, Kick It Fashions, Kill Time Productions, Kina's Kreations, Kody Chamberlain, Live New Orleans, Les Moutons Roses, Mana Media, Media Underground Comics, Midnight Girl, Ms. Placed, New Orleans Filmmakers, New Orleans Network, New Orleans Voices For Peace, NOLA Fugees, NOLA Tonight, Penguin Productions, Reel Fellas, Rising Tide Blogger Conference, Rox, Shutter Magazine, Sigh Co., Spirit Of Humanity Festival, Tedd Walley, Thaddeus Conti, Timecode: NOLA, Toby Craig, Unique Products, Watermark

I'll be there this year, and I've done it the last two times as well.  If you're anywhere in south Mississippi, it's definitely worth the drive, especially since it's on a Saturday this year (in the past they had it on Friday nights).  There's TONS of cool artists and vendors.

My mom actually owns the big flea market on Menge Avenue and I-10...she's been leasing the land to FEMA since Katrina, but supposedly they're going to be done in September, so she's trying to get the flea market back up and running this fall.  Once that happens I'll probably be setting up over there on weekends selling my stuff.  I'm not sure yet what the prices will be for people who want to set up to sell....initially it looks like they're going to have portable buildings to rent and canopied spaces...it's probably going to take a little while before they get the big pavillions rebuilt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

soadchik
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006 03:45:44 PM »

If there are any MS craftsters near Jackson.. there's an art/craft sale at the Ink Spot on Dec. 1.. You can message them if you are intersted in selling

http://www.myspace.com/theinkspotgallery 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes with Matt Van Fleet
Meet Author Kent Whitaker
Meet Author Julie Morgenstern
Ellen Marmur Reveals Her Motto
Stephen King Talks About N
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...