A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need help for art ideas!!  (Read 657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kaycee

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2005 09:19:33 PM »

I'm planning on making my own art to hang on my walls. The thing is I have no idea what to do. I'm not any amazing artist, but I'm pretty good at abstract art kind of stuff. Anything cheap and realatively easy would be a huge help.

Thanks alot guys. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sbrosh
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005 10:15:15 PM »

Hi, I may not be the right one to give you ideal's because I haven't done much art,  but if you like abstract you could try a wax painting, it's easy and you can make it any size you want.
The wax paintings tells a lot about the one who paints it. When you do the painting some how you come out in it, but be careful not to do it on a bad day because if you feel bad or you are mad it will show up in the painting. If you need more info. about it I will be glad to give you a web site you can go to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kweeket
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006 10:29:21 PM »

I have a similar issue: I love to paint, but have a hard time coming up with ideas.  One trick I've used is to find a cool-looking picture from a magazine or textbook (I like Biology textbooks best) and enhance a tiny part of the picture, or color it in a new way, or take the general lines of the picture but make it all abstract.  I've used awesome pictures of bacteria or microscope-slide pictures of plants as inspiration - and in the end, they're rarely identifyable.

Another way is to take a small (palm-sized-ish) picture from a magazine, a background image type thing that isn't easily recognizable, and extend out from it.  We did that once in an art class.

Thrift-store paintings are also a great source of inspiration, and (bonus!) the canvas comes with.  I did a painting of the Virgin Mary on a horrible thrift-store painting of a fruity still life. 

You can still see the banana (radiating out of her stomach) and the apple (the curve of her arm).  Crafter actually has an awesome thread on revamped thrift-store paintings.

Hope that gives you some ideas...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
From Fandom to Obsession: The Cult Following of Bob Dylan
Horse Saves Troubled Teen
Interview with ‘Words and Pictures’ Star Bruce Davison
Chelsea Cain Introduces Her Blockbuster New Series
Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus, and Evan Turk on Grandfather Gandhi
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...