A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Participated in an old swap, before feedback?  (Read 1367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

abbeychristine

Frankie says: Relax.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2005 08:59:32 AM »

So I signed up for a swap, and the organizer thought it was my first one, but I participated in a Mail Art one maybe a year ago, I guess before there was swap feedback. Does that mean that this current one really counts as my first? I'm asking because I was hoping to join another swap that's signing up right now, but the rules say you can't be in more than one if it's your first time. Any help would be much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abbeychristine.etsy .com
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005 09:15:10 AM »

The others count, I think. If a future organizer asks you any questions or anything, I would send them the link to the old swap that has a picture or the organizer's confirmation in the gallery or thread that you had sent. That would clear up everything quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
modpodge
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005 09:23:13 AM »

I have been having issues with this as well...I PM'ed a couple organizers from some old swaps I participated in, and have received only one response. It was fairly vague..she said she gave some people feedback, but didn't mention giving me any! How can we pose this question to Leah? I'm sure she gets a million messages a day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005 11:52:28 AM »

I don't think that it's a problem that is out of anyone's hands. I would just keep a link handy to show to an organizer if they have any questions. If they don't believe you, you can ask that one organizer that did get back to you if she can confirm to your new organizer. This is only for the first swap that you will need feedback for, since after that you can sign up for as many as you want.
The fact is you know you were in a swap and the threads are around to prove it. Nobody should doubt you for that if you are a longtime member (2003!). But as far as organizers updating their old swaps, that may be harder to do because they may not have the records anymore, or the oranizer has long since left craftster, or any other reason. When we switched over to the new system of feedback on the profiles, everybody had this problem, but it is easy to explain away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
abbeychristine

Frankie says: Relax.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005 12:26:52 PM »

thanks for the feedback. i didnt think it would be a big deal, but everything feels so official now, i didnt want to step on toes Smiley

i pm'ed the organizer of the swap i want to join and let her know. hopefully it'll all be cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abbeychristine.etsy .com
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005 08:29:58 PM »

if you can go back throughthe thread of the old swap and find somewhere that your partner posts about receiving from you, send it to the organizer of the swap you want into. it makes life so much easier for the organizer to not have to go back and search through them all to check.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...