A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post here, if u made or altered a skully sweater from Stitch n Bitch  (Read 14242 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Quincy134
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006 04:27:50 AM »

man i love the one with the hood so much... i dont have caron simply soft is there another substitution that you could think of for it?

simply soft is just worsted, so if you found something else cheap that you could hold two strands together for, it should work.  I did go up a needle size, and i didn't quite get gauge, so I had to subtract some stitches from my cast on. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toothy
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006 04:50:11 AM »

I'd like to try and make Skully for my boyfriend (and brave the curse) but my boyfriend is pretty broad shouldered.  Has anyone altered the pattern for their man?
I knit it for my great big teenage son last Christmas and it was met with total disdain as it was too big for him (it didn't show off his lithe physique).  I think your guy would have to be a full blown grizzily bear not to fit into the large.

I substituted a large yin and yang symbol on each shoulder .  I think it is a very cool sweater but it definitely had flaws.  I've just frogged the sleeves up to the symbols and I plan to shape them.  Also,
I had problems with the arm holes (like someone else mentioned) and initially knitted a gusset into each armpit. I've not decided what to do yet so the sweater sits on the couch awaiting resurrection.  I may steke (spelling?) the sides and trim them a bit so my boy won't dissapoint the girls.

I used the Lamb's Pride Bulky.  Ain't glamorous but I'm happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DM7DragonFyre
Professional Nerd/Loser

Simply being loved... is more than enough...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006 06:23:57 AM »

ohhhh, I wanna see!!!!!!!!!

Knit~It~Good: I will next time I get on. I gotta run to class now... I'll be sure to make sure I get a picture of me IN it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

live to love, love to live.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Knit~It~Good
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2006 12:05:26 PM »

Knit~It~Good: I will next time I get on. I gotta run to class now... I'll be sure to make sure I get a picture of me IN it too.

I can't wait to see it! I'm such a dork!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DM7DragonFyre
Professional Nerd/Loser

Simply being loved... is more than enough...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006 07:55:33 AM »

I can't wait to see it! I'm such a dork!

Posting now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

live to love, love to live.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
karls_mommy
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2007 05:46:55 AM »

Quincy134,

How did you add a hood to this?? I am a knitting n00b, and I would love to do that!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quincy134
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007 08:18:43 AM »

Quincy134,

How did you add a hood to this?? I am a knitting n00b, and I would love to do that!!

I pretty much knit the pattern as written, until you're supposed to pick up the stitches for the collar ribbing.  I picked up stitches around the neck opening like normal, but then I knit back and forth, making a long flap.  The flap was garter stich for the first and last 5 stitches, and stocking stitch in between.  When I decided the flap was long enough to make a hood from, I bound off.  Then you fold the top edge of the flap in half, and sew the edges together.  I hope that helps!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karls_mommy
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007 08:29:43 AM »

Wow! Thank you! That sounds easy enough for me! It looks great.  Awesome idea.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kreo52
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007 09:49:29 PM »

question-
i have finished the front and back, and just finished the 3 needle BO for one shoulder. then, the pattern says to PU 54 stitches for the collar with RS facing. does this mean the RS facing me, or each other? i can't exactly figure out how to do this, unless i have the sweater pieces next to each other, like conjoined twins, with the RS facing me. is this what i'm supposed to do?
otherwise, it seems like i'd have to use a circular needle, just to be long enough and flexible enough to get around.
i'm sure if i just try starting it the way it seems right (conjoined twins) it will make sense, i'm just worried about ruining anything i have already made.
this is my first sweater attempt. thanks for your help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fall
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009 01:24:54 AM »

I'm sorry to bring such an old thread back up, but does anyone remember the gauge on this one? I've lost my book, but fortunately I had copied down the pattern. The only thing I hadn't noted down was the gauge...   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Angelica Pickles
How to Paint Saguaro Mask
How to Draw Donut head Homer - The special Halloween video - 39th Drawing
How to Draw Hugo Simpson - 49th Drawing
How to Draw Maggie Simpson - 28th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...