A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any low carbers here?  (Read 867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Divabunny

Teach Me, Dear Creature...

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2006 09:02:51 AM »

I've picked an awful time to start low carbing again (with the Holiday's and all...) but anyone care to share some recipe/snack ideas?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006 02:33:35 PM »

I'm in the same boat. Decided it was best to set the goal now of five pounds by Thanksgiving, 10 pounds by the end of the year rather than waiting for January and have the holiday additions to get rid of as well.

Are you going with any specific plan or just "low carbs"? I've found that what works best for me is South Beach -- good carbs vs. bad carbs. The "Quick & Easy" cookbook is awesome -- everything in it is indeed, quick, easy and very, very tasty.

As for packaged foods, I'm taking last week's Oprah advice and sticking to less than 4 grams saturated fat, 4 grams sugar.

Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
westcoastribbon
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006 06:57:11 AM »

I really like spagetti squash.  If you haven't tried it.....it's just like spagetti noodles.  You take the squash cut it in half, scoop out the seeds.  Put it upside down on a plate and cover with clear wrap.  microware for 7 to 10 minutes.  Let is cool a little and scoop it out of the shell.  It comes out like noodles.  Cover with your favorite sauce.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Divabunny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006 10:54:29 AM »

I'm doing more of a maintenace type version of Atkins. Luckily I don't have to go ultra low on the carbs to lose weight. If I stay between 40-60 carbs a day I consistently lose. I've got lunch and breakfast pretty much down I don't deviate much from my yogurt in the morning and my salad or sandwich for lunch. It's when I get home that kills me. I'm a snacker, and one can only take so much meat! I've thought about south beach, but I don't think I can do it. I DO NOT like the taste of low fat/fat free food, which is why I love Atkins, FULL FAT BABY  Tongue

-- I've tried the spaghetti squash and it didn't do much for me. Dreamfields pasta is fantastic, have you tried it? 5 carbs per serving and taste just like real pasta, you CANNOT tell the difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Astria
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006 12:28:35 PM »

Hey you guys, I for one am a big fan of stuffed veggies when trying to do the low-carb thing. Stuffed bell peppers with hamburger, tomatoes, spinach, spices, topped with cheese and baked? Stuffed zucchini (with the seeds scooped out), greek-style with minced chicken, spinach, onions, garlic to the max, oregano, black olives, and tons of feta, baked...Totally awesome in my book! Smiley Also, there's nothing better than roast chicken with a salad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Divabunny

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006 02:08:04 PM »

I LOVE stuffed bell peppers. Sooo good and super quick and easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ManiacChick
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006 02:08:51 PM »

oh...My mother is serius low carb so I picked up on stuff and now cook almost everything low carb by changing the normal recipes...Its pretty awsome diet speacily for my mom shes lost about 75-85 lbs. in about two years and she picked up excercising too im so happy for her so yeap love the diet cause it made her feel so much better and happy! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006 08:05:47 PM »

I've picked an awful time to start low carbing again (with the Holiday's and all...) but anyone care to share some recipe/snack ideas?  Smiley
Bad time to start, but just remember, Thanksgiving and Christmas come again every year.  I did the South Beach diet and lost 30 lbs this year.  It was grilled chicken, romaine lettuce and pistachios that did it for me.  Oh, and coffee (with Splenda of course)

Good luck with getting healthy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Tips with Star Stylist Allan Avendano and Movie Star Joey King
How to Hide Thinning Hair
Five-Minute Health Fix for Dandruff
How to Maintain Color Treated Hair
Wavy Holiday Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...