A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,435
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moda Dea and Yarn Bee yarns  (Read 2375 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Mom of the Year

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2005 04:59:12 PM »

Hi gals, I was browsing through Hobby Lobby today and OMG they have the BEST yarns I have seen in a while.  The new Moda Dea and Yarn Bee yarns are just delicious.  I really want to buy some but I don't really want to get something that doesn't crochet well (or takes 25 skeins to make a single poncho).  So does anyone have any pattern suggestions for any of these yarns?  I am newly pregnant and would really like to make myself a nice cozy poncho to wear this fall...So, any input?  Thanks so much!

Mom to Eli, 2
Stepmom to Madison, 9
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005 07:23:04 PM »

congratulations! i'm 6 monthes pregnant. i used the yarn bee pitter patter to make a baby hat and it is wonderful. sooooooo very soft. i really just want to fill a room with it and roll around alll day but that would be really expensive  Cheesy that is the only yarn bee that i've used though. i went to hobby lobby the other day...they had all of their modadea on sale but unfortunately i was there for fishermans yarn for soakers and flannel for diapers. i did get some Caron bliss to make another baby hat...it is soooooooo soft. i swear my child is gonna have a different hat for everyday of the year  Wink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005 07:29:39 PM »

Can't find an official website for Yarn Bee.  I've never used them, but they do feel nice.

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005 07:37:35 PM »

i think yarn bee is hobby lobby's store brand... it says it was manufactured for hobby lobby on the label.
dame da luxe

boom chuggaluggalugga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005 07:45:41 PM »

you could use one of those yarns for trim or smaller projects, but unless you are rich, a poncho may not be a good idea. moda dea has really nice yarns, soft, pretty, nice colors, most often knock-offs of more expensive yarns, like tahki, or artful yarns, which are even more insanely expensive. i use one called aerie a lot for scarves, it is so soft. actually, for a scarf, if it is a loose knit on big needles, you could get by on one ball, i make scarves for a boutique and use tutu and aerie together on huge needles and have a 4 foot scarf with lots of fringe from just one of each yarn believe it or not. i only cast on 8 stitches. can you say quick? so either do a really loose knitted wrap or shawl or just a nice scarf, or hat, or just use as a trim, or make bay hats or booties...baby stuff is sooo fun to knit. it takes no time and is so cute. also, there are a couple of books out about knitting with small amounts of yarn/leftover yarns/expensive yarns that would probably have good ideas...one is called oddballs, i can't think of the others at the moment, i must go to sleep. congrats on mommahood to come!

luxe. providing gorgeous luxury and unusual fiber, yarns, knits, knitting kits and so much more to the deluxe knitter!
take a look!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...