A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moda Dea and Yarn Bee yarns  (Read 1732 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twintoo
Mom of the Year

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2005 04:59:12 PM »

Hi gals, I was browsing through Hobby Lobby today and OMG they have the BEST yarns I have seen in a while.  The new Moda Dea and Yarn Bee yarns are just delicious.  I really want to buy some but I don't really want to get something that doesn't crochet well (or takes 25 skeins to make a single poncho).  So does anyone have any pattern suggestions for any of these yarns?  I am newly pregnant and would really like to make myself a nice cozy poncho to wear this fall...So, any input?  Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Twintoo
Mom to Eli, 2
Stepmom to Madison, 9
blissedout
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005 07:23:04 PM »

congratulations! i'm 6 monthes pregnant. i used the yarn bee pitter patter to make a baby hat and it is wonderful. sooooooo very soft. i really just want to fill a room with it and roll around alll day but that would be really expensive  Cheesy that is the only yarn bee that i've used though. i went to hobby lobby the other day...they had all of their modadea on sale but unfortunately i was there for fishermans yarn for soakers and flannel for diapers. i did get some Caron bliss to make another baby hat...it is soooooooo soft. i swear my child is gonna have a different hat for everyday of the year  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005 07:29:39 PM »

http://www.modadea.com/designs.htm#crochet

Can't find an official website for Yarn Bee.  I've never used them, but they do feel nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
blissedout
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005 07:37:35 PM »

i think yarn bee is hobby lobby's store brand... it says it was manufactured for hobby lobby on the label.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
natashafialkov
dame da luxe

boom chuggaluggalugga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005 07:45:41 PM »

you could use one of those yarns for trim or smaller projects, but unless you are rich, a poncho may not be a good idea. moda dea has really nice yarns, soft, pretty, nice colors, most often knock-offs of more expensive yarns, like tahki, or artful yarns, which are even more insanely expensive. i use one called aerie a lot for scarves, it is so soft. actually, for a scarf, if it is a loose knit on big needles, you could get by on one ball, i make scarves for a boutique and use tutu and aerie together on huge needles and have a 4 foot scarf with lots of fringe from just one of each yarn believe it or not. i only cast on 8 stitches. can you say quick? so either do a really loose knitted wrap or shawl or just a nice scarf, or hat, or just use as a trim, or make bay hats or booties...baby stuff is sooo fun to knit. it takes no time and is so cute. also, there are a couple of books out about knitting with small amounts of yarn/leftover yarns/expensive yarns that would probably have good ideas...one is called oddballs, i can't think of the others at the moment, i must go to sleep. congrats on mommahood to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luxe. providing gorgeous luxury and unusual fiber, yarns, knits, knitting kits and so much more to the deluxe knitter!
take a look!
http://luxefibre.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30852523@N00/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating a Flash Gallery Using Bridge CS4
Linking Pages, Graphics, and Web Sites Using Dreamweaver CS4
Using Behaviors in Dreamweaver CS4
Adjusting a Web Layout in CSS
Adding Background Elements and Importing Photoshop Smart Objects
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...