A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WooHoo I'm not procrastinating! Updated 11/22  (Read 3237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« on: September 26, 2005 07:33:03 PM »

Scroll down for other gifts added later, some on page 2 also.

Yay I have some of my gifts done...or some half way done, lol. But I thought if I made the list and posted here then maybe I'll keep my motivation and finish everything. I've also posted the total price so everyone can see what Christmas on the cheap looks like,  Grin.
Here's what I have so far....a purse/messenger bag and matching wallet for my 12 year old niece. Total price was $6. I made the strap to short(had a brain fart) so I added a extension with the buttons, now she can have a short or long strap so it worked out  Cheesy

I got the wallet tute here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=20925
Two necklaces in a name gift box. I wanted to make a matching bracelet but then I'd have to find out her measurements so I decided to make a "bracelet kit" for her. She loves making stuff. Total $4

I got the idea for the button pendent here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=41417.0
Here's the frosted glass wear I made for my Dad, they say Steve's Beer with a thumbs up. Total $5, I already had the armour etch that's why it's such a low total.

I have more done but no pictures yet. I'm kind of at a gift block for my 8 year old niece any ideas? Something not to expensive...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005 04:17:16 PM by lady4feet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCGal
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005 07:46:05 PM »

Great gifts!  Handcrafted is always a cool way to go with gifts.

As for your niece:  is she into dance or gymnastics or soccer?  If so, maybe you could adapt a messenger bag to be a dance/gym/soccer tote bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005 07:53:15 PM »

*applause* for not procrastinating, because that is something I do a lot of...and very nice job on the gifts!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
starsaver
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005 08:35:16 PM »

i love those beer glasses what a great idea.  i know someone who would LOVE those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm certain if i drive into those trees it will make less of a mess than you've made of me
emmaline
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005 12:21:32 AM »

im so glad you posted this!
today i started mine! and i think your bag looks so perfect and age appropriate!
its cool enough to be funky but practical
and the glasses are amazing, im going to have to look into that
woohoo for being organised...ish..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's stick to regular Monopoly. The game is crazy enough as it is; how can an iron be a landlord?

http://www.agirlcallede.blogspot.com
lady4feet
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005 11:15:35 PM »

Thanks guys! I have more done now to just fight with my camera to hold a charge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005 01:37:57 PM »

Yay I've got more done. Well I have most of my Moms gift done as well but I want to wait until I have everything done of hers.
Here's what I made for one of my nieces. She likes to read, so I made her the book clutch and inside are the little notebook that I recovered to look pretty, some bookmarks and a little reading light I found at the dollar store. Total cost $4.50 I already had the fabric, paper for the book marks and embroidery floss for the book tong. This includes the light that was $2.00
THIS ROCKS   Logged

around
mama

where are we going? why are we in this handbasket?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005 01:49:21 PM »

great work!
i've had a list of things to make for a long time, but no time to make the stuff on the list  Undecided

anyway, i just saw the cutest little bag you could make for your niece -- i think the name of the post is "Crayon Bag 4 Kids" -- a cute little bag with slots on the front for crayons!!
that's going on my list, too  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the centuries are sprinkled with rare magic and divine creatures who help us get past the common and extraordinary ills that beset us

Favorite Craftster quote --
"Normal" is for chumps, suckers and saps. -TheMistressT
lady4feet
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005 10:29:15 PM »

That crayon bag is so cute! Acctually you helped me out for a gift for my 3 year old niece. Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sevenislucky

*...What will your anthem be?...*

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005 11:19:34 PM »

Everything looks so cute & professional but sooo much better because its handmade!  I especially love the book clutch...the cover is really pretty.  Your gifts are going to be oh-so-loved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*...this is one side, my conventional side, an attraction to tradition, my vintage disposition...* - No Doubt
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Some basic ingredients for Chinese food
Seasoning A New Carbon Steel Wok - Chinese cooking
Prepare an Onion in Chinese cooking - Part 2
Prepare an Onion in Chinese cooking - Part 1
Prepare Broccoli for Chinese food
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...