A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,916
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: School project, need a visual, help!  (Read 459 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frubaloo

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2005 02:44:18 PM »

Alrighty, so here's the deal. For school, we're studying the late 1800's to early 1900's, and for a unit wrap-up we're doing presentations with partners on new products and basically the beginning of modern culture. The topic my partner and I were assigned is early amusement parks.
We're graded on two things: The visual and the presentation. The presentation we can take care of, that's just looking up stuff. However, we want a really big visual that'll give us a lot of credit.
We only have 3 days to work on it, 1 period, which is 45 minutes, so it's can't be huge, however, I could work on it at home.
I'd rather it not be a powerpoint or poster or something boring like that, because then we'd have to make it extra extravagant in order to recieve full credit, because those things are so common.
So I was wondering if anyone had some crafty and clever ideas that could help me get an A?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005 02:48:04 PM by frubaloo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Personal Site | Email | AIM: Frubaloo
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005 02:46:27 PM »

Could you make a early amusment park ride out of paper? Enough cardstock and tape and you can make anything.  Grin Thats what i'd do...in fact, i fond myself wishing i had that project just so i could try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
frubaloo

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005 02:50:40 PM »

That is a good idea...like a mini amusement park, only out of paper. I'd have to research some rides and stuff that they had, but definitely something to think about. Thanks! Anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
frubaloo

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005 05:27:52 PM »

Sorry, I'd like to have an idea for a visual tomorrow since there's not much time to create it -- any more ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

around
mama

where are we going? why are we in this handbasket?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005 05:35:08 PM »

the ferris wheel was invented in something like 1896 for a world's fair (chicago?)
how about making a ferris wheel?
something like k-nex or lincoln logs would work, but some kind of wire would be prettier. you could build one out of almost anything. popsicle sticks, toothpicks, cardboard. whatever you have on hand.
good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the centuries are sprinkled with rare magic and divine creatures who help us get past the common and extraordinary ills that beset us

Favorite Craftster quote --
"Normal" is for chumps, suckers and saps. -TheMistressT
frightful

Thousands and thousands of tiny metal rings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005 05:42:41 PM »

I think freak shows and the like were quite popular?
How about

A pickled fiji mermaid!
The bullet that killed Lincoln!
and maybe....
A Man Eating Chicken!

You may even be able to make a hall of mirrors if your budget stretches to a few sheets of that sticky backed mirror stuff. Set em up with all different patterns of curvature.

or you could look to the world fairs for some inspiration, they often had some form of 'engineering marvel' to help draw the crowds. A recreation of one of those might be workable.

S.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frubaloo

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005 05:47:43 PM »

I like the ferris wheel idea...I'll see if my partner has knex, I sure don't, haha.
I like the freak show idea; I could integrate things so I have a showcase of many of the things the first carnival might have offered.
I'm thinking of combining all of the ideas given and making like a giant recreation if I have time. I might not, though, heh.
More ideas welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frubaloo

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005 12:46:56 PM »

Anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spring 2013 Fashion Trends Rundown
60 Seconds of Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Emma Stone Shows Us How to Make Cocktail Dresses Daytime-Casual
Tips For Wearing Peplum Tops
Neon Fashion Trend Blowing Up
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...