A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
926 Guests and 57 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pride and Prejudice - Or, Why Don't They Like Stuff We MADE?  (Read 7509 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sandal43
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006 08:40:36 AM »

Thank you for your kind words jloveg.  Your story about the unloved blankets is touching.  I am always sad to see these items in yard sales or at thrift shops.  I cannot believe how mean people can be about gifts.  I am sorry your little girl's feelings were hurt.  I am always grateful for a gift.
I always show my appreciation for the thought and time someone took to get me anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006 08:50:57 AM »

yeah  same  here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006 09:10:51 AM »

sandal omg...that's...i'm speechless.

i found the scarf i made my MIL three years ago in the hallway closet the other day when I was digging the vacuum cleaner out. unfortunately, we are now living with my in-laws (oh...god...help...) and seeing that scarf in there every day hung on a crappy wire hanger in the back of the closet makes me kind of sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But why don't you scream now?" Alice asked, holding her hands ready to put over her ears again.

"Why, I've done all the screaming already," said the Queen. "What would be the good of having it all over again?"
djonesgirl
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006 09:13:21 AM »

I gave some pillows to my MIL a few years back.  When I found out they weren't being used, I just took them back--she hasn't even noticed they're gone.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ConcreteJungler
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006 09:42:47 AM »

There seems to be an abundance of ungrateful in-laws.   Undecided  Nuts to them.  I'm hoping the person y'all married (that made them your in-laws) is a lot better.

Hugs to all of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Petunia0384
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2006 09:43:49 AM »

Sigh, these are sad stories. Sad  This is why I try to limit giving handcrafted items to the people I KNOW will appreciate them...  Like my aunt (who just likes anything that anyone puts time into for her, poor thing), my fiance's grandmother (though she could outcraft me any day of the week), my mom, some friends...  etc.  That way, I know the person will appreciate it and use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
slackferno
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006 05:08:39 PM »

There seems to be an abundance of ungrateful in-laws.   Undecided  Nuts to them.  I'm hoping the person y'all married (that made them your in-laws) is a lot better.

The most profound thing my sworn frenemy ever said was, "Is it amazing that such infuriating people created the love of your life?"

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2006 08:45:04 AM »

"Is it amazing that such infuriating people created the love of your life?"

My husband's adopted... I'm convinced. I don't care if they have pictures of his mom giving birth to him, they're fake! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2006 08:49:33 AM »

I think my husband is adopted too...except he looks exactly like his mom.

The weirdo thing is...my in-laws are their own kind of crafty so I don't get how they can be so cavalier about someone else's crafts. My FIL does woodworking and is about to finish this really magnificent intarsia highchair for my niece. My MIL makes wedding cakes and sews.

Maybe they just don't like ME.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But why don't you scream now?" Alice asked, holding her hands ready to put over her ears again.

"Why, I've done all the screaming already," said the Queen. "What would be the good of having it all over again?"
Lylyfai

Multi-Crafter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2006 09:38:51 AM »

ROFL... I am adopted....seriousl y...and you can tell. My family opens their gifts and its like....oh....anoth er one of Misty's little crafty things..aw isn't that cute. My dad is impossible to buy for... he pretty much has no hobbies except....farming.. ..and until I learn to knit, crochet or hot glue him a cow...its bbq aprons and basting brushes. But he appreciates handmade stuff really...more then my mother. Unless it has the pricetag on it or you can tell her how much it cost..where you got and who designed it...she will give you her best "Miss America" full teeth smile...say thank you and dump it on the floor with the wrapping while going on and on about the $35 Prada keychain your snooty brother gave her.

But I give what I make because I learned a long time ago that I want to give gifts that I look back on with pride. And someday, they will appreciate it....even if it takes an arrival at the pearly gates and God almighty himself to point out how long that poncho took or how perfectly that pillow matches her couch.  I enjoyed the making of it and with a family like that, sometimes you have to be selfish to deal with them and not put arsenic in the gravy.

Now...unlike most of you...my MIL is a darling. She hunts down yarn, broken jewelry, toys, bead curtains...cardboar d rug tubes and squirrels them away for our visits. She know that I will appreciate it and use it. And I call her every time I even consider using something she found for me.  And the things I give her.....she will wear anything I make (as long as its black LOL) but seriously, she has made trips around her neighborhood showing off the things her "favorite" DIL made her!!!  She is great for my ego!

And somehow my moron brother managed to find a girl who basically thinks I rival Isabella Fiore and Prada for designs....God love her 'cause I sure do. And I have one niece who loves everything I make her...shes 20 and her little sister (Cool who won't touch anything that isn't in a Neiman Marcus bag.

Nature vs. Nurture . . . . .I vote nature LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

145 dependents and counting=
139 dolls, 3 cats, 1 lost Hubby & Roland!
Preppin' for Ro's 3rd Bday- theme=Helicoptors!
http://www.adoptionsbygladney.com (Thank you!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Pixie Hairstyles for Weddings
Create 16 Hairstyles With 2 Clip-In Hair Extensions
How To Get A Perfect Voluminous Blowout At Home Like A Pro
How To Do A Goddess Up Do
Tips On Avoiding Hair Loss From Bleaching
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...