A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [ACCEPTED] Asians' City Guide  (Read 6696 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisiepeasie

greetings. fish i am.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005 01:07:39 AM »

No idea, depends on Leah. But there is a small group of us (I'd say 20+) Singaporeans on this board. Is that a big enough number to warrant a new board of our own? heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steal all the chandeliers down your street and call it romance.
fuzzymonkey
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005 07:28:34 AM »

hey there, as long as i have all of you Singaporeans in one place, can i ask you where your art supplies stores, decorative paper stores and hardware stores are? My husband is going to be there in December and has kindly agreed to do a supply run for me. Specifically, i am looking for a nice selection of 22 guage wire, but i would really like to know if there are any cool must-see art supply emporiums there, too.
 Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well, i ain't often right, but i've never been wrong, seldom turns out the way it does in the song;
once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
sweethelena

Red shoes are hot.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005 08:03:45 PM »

I tend to agree that there aren't enough international boards... I am an American living in Taiwan right now, and it's terribly hard to know where to find the best craft stores, especially since they don't have the convenience of Joann's or Michael's here. Perhaps a board for Asia overall, and ones for individual countries as demand grows? I know I would like to connect with other crafters here in Taiwan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jademaya

Creative.Real.Artistic.Friendly.Talented.Youthful!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005 09:54:53 AM »

For Singapore,
The Artfriend craft store in Bras Brasah Complex (off City Hall or Bugis station) has a good selection of craft supplies. I don't know if they have exactly what you are looking for, but it's one place you can try. I haven't been there in awhile already, so if I've provided wrong info please correct me. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rules are meant to be broken, and not all problems in life are meant to be resolved...That's why we are all here thinking of new ways to transform ordinary everyday items into quirky cool stuff...Rock on! XXOO
lisiepeasie

greetings. fish i am.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005 10:21:11 AM »

Marf, I don't like ArtFriend. Well, maybe it's because I keep running into this REALLY snotty server. I asked him for "Silk-screening Photo Emulsion" and he looked at me like I had grown an extra head. Huff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steal all the chandeliers down your street and call it romance.
remisica

Perception is a vicious cycle. Groar!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005 11:00:13 PM »

ditto the sentiments on artfriend. not to mention the fact that they are rather pricey. cant much help with the wire, since i'm still searching for one that doesnt insult my budget so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree.
fuzzymonkey
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005 01:37:00 AM »

thanks guys, for suggestions and input. I think i have the wire figured out in Bali, but would still like to know where you all shop for supplies-decorative papers, especially from japan and Italy, would be at the top of my list>
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well, i ain't often right, but i've never been wrong, seldom turns out the way it does in the song;
once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
jademaya

Creative.Real.Artistic.Friendly.Talented.Youthful!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006 04:49:11 AM »

I think you have a point there. Just visited artfriend. It's not the place you'll look for craft supplies to be "crafty" cause the main point is to get something handmade/customised at cheaper than the market price for the real thing you buy in stores. The things there are too expensive and too disorganised, although they will almost have what you need. Unless you're willing to fork out the money, if not,  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rules are meant to be broken, and not all problems in life are meant to be resolved...That's why we are all here thinking of new ways to transform ordinary everyday items into quirky cool stuff...Rock on! XXOO
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006 08:56:50 AM »

For those of you in Singapore, I just wanted to mentioned Garie Sim's place.... he sells mostly polymer clay supplies, but has some other supplies. 
He also has lots of classes (mostly for kids), and is a really nice and very talented guy.

He has a huge website (about polymer clay and other crafty things to make), but here is his supplies page:

http://www.garieinternational.com.sg/clay/shop/product.html

general site
(many lessons, etc):
http://www.garieinternational.com.sg/clay/classes.htm
http://www.garieinternational.com.sg/clay/index.html

Diane B.
GlassAttic ...polymer clay "encyclopedia"
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm

If anyone wants an all-polymer clay board here at craftster, vote here!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72141.msg813624#msg813624

THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
m8888888
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006 06:45:07 PM »

I was just coming over to post a similar thread! I'm living in Korea for a year, & I was so disappointed that there's only a Japan board! I'd love to meet other Koreans, or find out about craft stores here! I think there should be a big heading for each continent, and then sub-headings for whichever countries people want to write about, and maybe a general one if your country isn't big enough to have it's own board (am I the only Korean??).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Favorite moment of the year?  That commercial when m8888888 dropped her towel and jumped naked into the arms of Tony Danza.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 7/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 6/9
How to Crochet a Cross Cable Pattern Part 2/4
How to Crochet a Cross Cable Pattern Part 1/4
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 2/9
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...