A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuff I Can Make Swap?  (Read 2792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onthinice
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005 01:21:51 PM »

I would not mind doing that provided onthinice does not mind. If she wants to keep this as a seperate swap then i'd rather not mix the ideas.

I sure would not mind if you use the idea.  I just threw it out there last night when I was frustrated about lurking for a week and still not finding someone to craft for.  I know I have crafty skills that someone would like.  I must be just a little out of style at the moment   Tongue

JazzyBee, if you want to use this along with what you are doing, go for it.  If someone wants to organize a separate swap with this idea, go right ahead.  I am moving soon, so I cannot commit myself to organizing a swap right now, but I can join in as a participant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005 07:13:18 PM »

I think its a great idea...because I havent even jumped in on my own swap yet for that reason HOWEVER just know it takes.....  A LOT of time.  You could use my preapproved list to startif you want to - cause it doesn't hurt anyone -as they dont get feedback started til the start.  (But you might want to keep everyones addresses too.
Either way, cool idea.  Like I make tote bags like nobodys business. Wink
There are some complications like if someone wants something in a color you dont have cant find etc, this swap will probably cost people more...then again I usually have to buy stuff for swaps anyway...I'm just babbling as I tend to do... Smiley

Back to your regularly scheduled posts...
Erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005 12:43:38 PM »

Sounds like fun to me!! Keep me posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
SparroWinter
Androgynous scarf-knitter

Always twirling twirling twirling towards freedom.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005 03:31:34 PM »

Nifty idea. I kinda like that. I may end up making tons of the same pattern, but that's no problem for me at all. It also guarantees that I'm going to be making something that someone will like, and it won't take me ages to find something that someone hasn't already chosen to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Projects in Progress - Branching Out scarf
 - Numerous knitted blanket squares

Just Finished - Midnight scarf
 - Falliage scarf
 - Basketweave Baby Blanket
snowflake
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005 10:25:28 PM »

This would be interesting especially for me, due to my limited skills...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexa_Angel
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005 11:38:18 PM »

I'm interested too, and find that many of you amazing people far outshine my crafty-skills. This way I could list things that I am good at, so people wouldn't be disappointed, or else recieve nifty things I *bought* for them (thinks of yarn and dip pen she swapped to others).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived, and lived well. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Flareon
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005 06:24:18 AM »

First, this idea for a swap is an insanely good one. 

However, it's my view also that we shouldn't mix the two swap ideas.  Personally, I've been sort of intimidated by how complicated and swamped the Ongoing Swap has become (when an idea is good, everyone wants in) and it moves along much too fast for little old me to keep up with.  So I haven't stepped in to craft for anyone yet. 

I would definitely join the "Stuff I Can Make" swap, and I'm hoping it will be a more relaxed swap. 

I don't have the swap stamina of many of you craftsters.   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
onthinice
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005 05:09:12 AM »

I think Craftster forgot to let me know about new posts to this thread - wow, has it grown!  I am glad you guys like the idea of this swap, but I am still bogged down with life.  If anyone wants to take this idea and run with it, please do so   Smiley  I know I will not be free to try to organize anything for three or four months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purplefluffycow
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005 05:53:27 AM »

I put my name forward to organise the unconditional swap in a future month (not sure when I will be organising though).  If it's ok with everyone I would love to organise it like this when my turn comes.

It was suggested that the finished object swap be run as an ongoing/unconditional swap.  I was really looking forward to it but it hasn't happened yet  =(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005 07:53:42 AM »

I put my name forward to organise the unconditional swap in a future month (not sure when I will be organising though).  If it's ok with everyone I would love to organise it like this when my turn comes.

Fine by me.  I look forward to participating in it   Grin  I think it will be interesting to see the lists of crafts fellow members have under their belt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Linking Pages, Graphics, and Web Sites Using Dreamweaver CS4
Using Behaviors in Dreamweaver CS4
Adjusting a Web Layout in CSS
Adding Background Elements and Importing Photoshop Smart Objects
A New Way to Flatten Images in CS3
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...