A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinup Queen??  (Read 8499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jpants
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004 06:19:26 PM »

thanks, katiewill!  I wish i could offer you some help, but i'm just starting the arm hole shaping on the back.  good luck with your sweater and your daughter.

i'm editing this post because i just posted a long and confusing question, but i think i figured it out on my own.

happy knitting!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004 06:48:07 PM by jpants » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2004 05:47:09 PM »

hey y'all,
does anybody have any advice on the increases for the sleeves?  first of all, it seems that the increases are on a wrong side, so will need to be done into a purl stitch, which is challenging enough to figure out.  secondly, i'm having a really hard time maintaining the rib pattern as I do the increases.  if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiewill

My beautiful baby girl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004 09:26:19 AM »

Hey jpants, I think you and I are inadvertantly doing a knit along on this sweater-- I am on the sleeves too.
What I am doing is when I have to increase on a purl stitch (it varies depending on what row you are on, somtimes it's a knit stitch, and then you're stoked) I purl into it, then leaving the orig st on the LH needle, I move the yb and knit into the same st. That gives me the inc and then on the next row, I just look ahead and do whatever st I need to do into that inc to maintain the rib. What you have to keep in mind in maintaining the rib is that every other inc will leave you with a single st on each end of the row. Do this one opposite of the last rib on that row. I hope this makes sense...
I think the sleeves are going to take me a little bit longer on this sweater. with the baby and all, I'm only really getting to knit for about a half hour every evening while she watches her nightly baby einstein video before bed. At least I get that much time, right???  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004 08:09:51 PM »

katiewill,
thanks so much!  i hear you on the no-time issue.  on wednesday, thursday and friday i'm in school from 10-3:00 and then at work from 3:30-10:30! ugghh.  i'll probably get to work on  my sleeves on sunday.  i'll let you know how it goes.
thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiewill

My beautiful baby girl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2004 01:24:47 PM »

I have finally finished my Pinup Queen! She's a little bigger than anticipated and, again there's an itchiness issue, but oh well. It's warm and it's pretty and I'm proud of myself for all of that shaping!

For my fellow busty lasses, I would recommend if you're making a larger size to accomodate boobs, then I would alter the pattern to make the armholes smaller, JMO.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2004 02:10:32 PM »

you finished it! hooray! it looks fabulous.  it's nice to see it on a real person and not a model.  i've finished one sleeve but haven't been able to start the second one yet.  any tips on sewing down that facing on the neck?

congratulations! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodkarma
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2004 02:12:03 PM »

Great job! It's really lovely. Did you make the size that would fit your bust measurement?

Thank you so much for sharing,
goodkarma
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiewill

My beautiful baby girl

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2004 02:46:52 PM »

any tips on sewing down that facing on the neck?

Thanks! The facing on the neck was actually really easy. The part I had trouble with that you might want to watch out for was when I was attaching the sleeves. I had to rip out half of my first seam because I was stretching out the ribbing as I stitched so the sleeve was going to be WAY too wide. I highly recommend seaming with the pieces lying as flat as possible next to each other so they don't stretch.
Can't wait to see yours, jpants! (I had a bonus of a 5 hour drive to and from a wedding to knit a sleeve and a half otherwise I'd probably be with you).

Great job! It's really lovely. Did you make the size that would fit your bust measurement?

Thanks again! Yes, I made the size for my bust measurement (my boobs are not looking their best thanks to the new baby in my house--when I can wear a better bra this sweater will look even better). I could probably have gotten away with making the medium instead of the large, though my bust measurement is definately in the large department, though.

Glad you both like! I'm pretty stoked on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2004 07:24:05 AM »

hey y'all,
does anybody have any advice on the increases for the sleeves?  first of all, it seems that the increases are on a wrong side, so will need to be done into a purl stitch, which is challenging enough to figure out.  secondly, i'm having a really hard time maintaining the rib pattern as I do the increases.  if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

I'm working on this pattern sleeves-first, and what I've been doing is increasing on the 2nd stitch from the end, so this way it's always a knit. The rib pattern is tricky on the rows after increases, I think it's just a matter of using the pattern more in the middle of the sleeve as a guide for what you should be doing on the ends. I just look at where I'm sure I last had either two knits or two purls, and count out from there to the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2004 08:24:37 AM »

katiewill, your sweater looks amazing!  And it looks so much better on you than in the book picture!  I've been afraid to make this sweater because in the picture the underbust lines made the model's boobs look saggy (I thought) but your boobs look fantastic! (hmm, hope you don't mind the excessively personal comment!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Website Design and Development Terminology
Adding Content to a Website
Outdated Copyright Law Impedes Artists
How Art and Technology Can Merge
Aaron Koblin on His Data Visualization Projects
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...