A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Short Hair  (Read 4316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

uber-crazy
« on: September 25, 2005 06:43:14 PM »

Ok, I'm getting my hair cut sometime in the next week or two, and its going to end up short. Its just too heavy and there is soo much of it and takes soo long to dry. I'm cutting it for angel hair for kids so it has to be at least 10 inches long. This leaves me with about 4-6 inches <at the longest parts of my head>.

I have never really had short hair so I don't know what to do with it. Can anyone give me any ideas? or good websites to look at. or pictures of their short hair. I'm thinking that sort of choppy look, but ....?

<sorry because i know that this has already been asked before, but can you do it for me??? please?>

thanx in advance!!
-D-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grade 11 is poopy! Breakfast Club and A Night At the Roxbury - both kick serious butt - Woot
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005 06:52:57 PM »

Not sure how short you're talking here, but when I cut my hair off to donate to Locks for Love, I gave my hairdresser these pictures for my new haircut:

I'm not a huge Kirsten Dunst fan but I thought her hair was soooo cute when she cut it like this.  It's really, really easy to style it, and I have a round face so it's not a style limited to people who have Kirsten's facial shape.  My hair is almost back to where it was before I cut it.  I'm growing it out to donate again.

Please post pics when you've gotten your new 'do!  How exciting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
mayerlove
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005 07:19:20 AM »

i think kirsten's hair is really cute. can't wait to see it when you get whatever done! maybe a pageboy? i love pageboys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
16candles
Impulsive Letter Writer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005 03:48:58 PM »

im tagging this so i can see what people suggest since uber-crazy you are only my favorite non-imaginary lesbian.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion is feeding us identification.
http://www.geocities.com/dropdowngorgeous/
Sad.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005 04:06:55 PM »

I know a good photobucket account with all hair-styles in it..but I've not got the link on this one.

Buy some hairstyle magazines, you can keep them afterwards as well..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
L

skinned up knees and salty lips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005 10:33:46 PM »

well for me an ELEVATED BOB has always worked out pretty well...no matter what i TRY to do with my hair i always cut it back to this i love it. ok let me explain its like a regular bob except it gets higher toward the back of your head, so in the back you can have it as short as you want even shaved or shaggy and let it run down your face. i like to keep it along my chin line, but thats just me.heres a few pics of my hair, i dont have any back shots though...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog. read often. comment more.
<A HREF="http://www.apessimistsview.blogspot.com">

you taste so sweet but i cant eat the same thing everyday...
kahlan
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005 10:45:37 PM »

http://photobucket.com/albums/v480/hairfiles/

I just cut my hair short again after two years of choppy layers. You might consider (if possible) a consultation with your stylist beforehand to see if they can suggest anything flattering for your face shape. My stylist keeps a huge book full of hair photos from various magazines organized by length and hair texture. I let me stylist cut my hair however she wants, though, so I never have to worry about bringing ideas in.  Huh

Also (this isn't snarky, but I just read about it!) most organizations that make wigs for kids/needy/etc. have plenty of hair, but not enough money! So monetary donations are great, too. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://littlebluehen.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/notahipster/

Better to fail at something you love than succeed at something you hate. - George Burns
uber-crazy
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005 04:27:04 PM »

Thanx everyone for the ideas - i finally figured something sotra out. and i have an appointment to go tomorrow <gulp>. i will post pictures after im done.

Also (this isn't snarky, but I just read about it!) most organizations that make wigs for kids/needy/etc. have plenty of hair, but not enough money! So monetary donations are great, too. =)
ya, i read something about that, they ask that you send a few dollars, but i think that that isn't enough, so im sending more then that.

thanx again everyone
-D-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grade 11 is poopy! Breakfast Club and A Night At the Roxbury - both kick serious butt - Woot
MurphyChick101
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005 07:29:24 AM »

i cut my hair short too... the back is like 2 inches long, maybe shorter, and the frfonts is down to my chin. what i did was comb the front to the side so theres a side part and then put gel in the back of my head and blew dried it and brushed it up so it kinda fluffed up it was cute but my hairs too long in the back now to do it... eeek
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flareon
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005 09:04:19 AM »

Uber-crazy,

First, much kudos for donating hair; what a noble thing to do.  Second, the style suited to you would depend on your height, face shape, and hair texture.  Could you maybe give us a bit more info about yourself? 

BTW, I agree that Dunst's hair looks fabulous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter W
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter N
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter X
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter Y
How to Draw Cosmo
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...