A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sesame Street/Muppet Show Quilts (In Progress)  (Read 20118 times)
Tags for this thread: sesame_street , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005 07:32:22 PM »

Anna--Do you have *two* books or just one? I found the Muppet Show book, but I can't find one for Sesame Street. I'm thinking of getting it/them for my mom so she can make a Sesame Street quilt for my daughter (I'd do it, but I'm expecting #2 and really won't have time).

Hi pdxgreengrrl - I only have one book and it is called "Quilting with the Muppets". Despite the name, It actually has mostly all Sesame Street character patterns and only a few (5) Muppet Show character patterns. All the Sesame Street ones I made are from the book.  I'm making my own patterns for most of the Muppet Show ones (so far Scooter, Rowlf, Beaker & Bunsen are my own...)  Is this the book you found?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005 07:38:14 PM by anna-begins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on...  ~John Lennon
roxy nova
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005 07:37:00 PM »

yay! i got the same book a few years ago for my birthday and have yet to start on one. i have made a pledge for after christmas though. i hope mine turns out half as good as yours! good luck with fozzie  Smiley. i can't wait to see the finished product!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I heard my mom say to her girlfriend, 'Any guy with feathered hair is *foxy*.'" --Bill Haverchuck
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2005 10:18:35 PM »

I'm dying to have this book now.  On a scale of 1-10, 1 being log-cabin, 10 being double wedding ring, how difficult would you say this is to do?  (I'm trying to guage whether I'm capable of this or not!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005 07:46:02 AM »

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being log-cabin, 10 being double wedding ring, how difficult would you say this is to do?  (I'm trying to guage whether I'm capable of this or not!)

They aren't very difficult at all... based on your scale I'd says difficulty level is only a 2 or 3....  It's basically just creating appliques by tracing the patterns that are in the book.  The most difficult part is finding the perfect fabrics for the characters - but that's also a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxy nova
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006 08:06:26 PM »

hi anna!
i've FINALLY started on my very own muppet quilt (after 3 or so years of planning), but i've come to the same roadblock as you did with fozzie. did you ever find an appropriate fur or a magical distressing solution? i found the perfect color in a fleece and i may settle on it, but if there's any chance of finding that perfect match in a fur, i'd love to know! i'd also love to see your quilts when they are completed. i may post a few of my finished squares, although there are only about 5 right now!
anyway, thanks and have a good one!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I heard my mom say to her girlfriend, 'Any guy with feathered hair is *foxy*.'" --Bill Haverchuck
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2006 06:07:17 AM »

i've come to the same roadblock as you did with fozzie. did you ever find an appropriate fur or a magical distressing solution?

Nope!  I'm still searching for it! I think I've come to the conclusion that I *am* going to have to buy a stuffed Fozzie and sacrafice him for his fur!  I hate to do it, but it's in the name of art, right?  I've seen a few on eBay for cheap.

I may post a few of my finished squares, although there are only about 5 right now!

Oooh!  I hope you do post them!  I'd love to see them!!!!  Isn't it fun? I'm almost completely done w/the Sesame Street quilt.  I'll post pictures of it soon.  I think the Muppet quilt is going to be a work in progress for a year (or two) because I want to keep adding more and more characters! It's addicting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amylooooo

So I says to the guy, I says...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2006 06:43:01 AM »

Hey! THose are the BEsT!!!! The guy who wrote the sesame street song I think it's call "you and me" died a coupla days ago.   Cry so depressing sorry.  Great quilts though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxy nova
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2006 07:51:24 AM »

I *am* going to have to buy a stuffed Fozzie and sacrafice him for his fur! I want to keep adding more and more characters! It's addicting!

thanks for the quick reply!
and yes, it is totally addicting. i thought this would be kind of my very own block of the month club, but it's turning more into a block of the week! i'm neglecting all of the other projects i'm supposed to be doing...oh well...
i guess i'll start checking out ebay myself. i just can't bring myself to make fozzie un-fuzzy even though the fleece i found is just the right color. he will probably be one of the last blocks i do & i may redo my kermit just because he was my first block and this whole project is my first attempt at machine applique and i just don't think he looks as good as some of the others i've done after a little practice. kermit's my favorite character so i want him to be exactly right, you know? anyway, thanks again & have a good day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2006 08:04:25 AM »

Ok!  So here's where I'm at with the Sesame Street Quilt for my niece. I'm really happy with it so far.  It's still not quite finished, I'm going to put a colorful border around it, but you get the idea.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

regansbox
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2006 08:20:28 AM »

Wow. I missed this thread the first time around. SO loving it. I just got myself the large-size Gonzo from Palisades for my 33rd birthday, and I'm all bummed about the Super Grover (it was sold in limited quantities at a convention and then the company got bought out -- so who knows whether or not production will go forward), so you can never get too old for Muppets. Wink

I am especially fond of the Ernie and the Scooter on your quilt. I love the combination of textures (and am way impressed that you designed Scooter!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Allison Leotta Talks About Law of Attraction
Maurice Hamilton Talks About Chequered Conflict
Davy Rothbart Talks About Requiem for a Paper Bag
Meet Photojournalist Kevin Rivoli
Sandra Brown Talks About Rainwater
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...