A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sesame Street/Muppet Show Quilts (In Progress)  (Read 20537 times)
Tags for this thread: sesame_street , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinab363
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2006 08:17:04 PM »

Roxy Nova,  The blocks are great!  They are sooo cute.  Wonderful job.  Can' wait to see the completed project.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grandbabies are called grandbabies because they are GRAND!
roxy nova
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2006 07:23:09 PM »

hey everyone!
so, i only thought i was finished with all my blocks, but then i started planning out the layout, and decided i should have 16 blocks instead of 15 so i could end up with a perfect square (to save my brain from having to do too much math!)...the only problem: who to include? i had so many options, but i enlisted the help of my friends and family and the overall winner was...

DR. TEETH!
BEHOLD!

he still needs a feather in his cap, but that will be added as i piece the quilt top!
so this really is the last time  you'll see it in this state. COMPLETED PROJECTS, HERE I COME!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I heard my mom say to her girlfriend, 'Any guy with feathered hair is *foxy*.'" --Bill Haverchuck
IamSusie
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2006 07:15:53 AM »

Fantastic blocks! I love the way you got all their fur and hairy bits just right.  Excellent job!  I can't wait to see the whole thing finished.

Inspired by these blocks, I rented the Muppet Movie for my kids.  They loved it and it was just as charming as I remembered it from long ago.   Today our first DVD rental of The Muppet Show is coming from Netflix.  Good thing because my son is feverish and when my kids are this sick, they get to watch lots of tv. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2006 10:06:26 AM »

ROXY NOVA!!!!!  Dr. Teeth ROCKS!  Wow!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on... ~John Lennon
roxy nova
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2006 03:22:07 PM »

hi everyone! i know it's been a while and all, but i finally finshed the quilt! here's a link to the post:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=132059.0
enjoy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I heard my mom say to her girlfriend, 'Any guy with feathered hair is *foxy*.'" --Bill Haverchuck
IamSusie
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2006 03:35:36 PM »

It's terrific!  Last weekend at the Chicago Fiber Arts Show, someone showed this quilt.  She had used embroidery on cottons to do the fur on her blocks.  It is such a fun quilt and was a big hit at the show. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

regansbox
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2006 10:38:17 PM »

Thanks for updating us, roxy nova. It's amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DLSDesigns
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2007 02:09:55 PM »

Wow! Everyone's work is amazing! I would love to try this one my own. Roxy Nova, how do you do the edges around the applique? I would love to do that when I start mine.
hey anna!
your quilt looks awesome!! i thought i'd show you some of the blocks i've done so far. i'm getting really excited about how the rest are going to turn out!! excuse my rough edges. they all still have their stabilizer attached to the back...

anyway, here's bert:
cookie monster (who still needs some chocolate chips embroidered onto his delicious cookie):

grover!:

rizzo, my boyfriend's favorite:

oscar:

and finally kermit, who for some reason wouldn't let me take a clear picture of him. i guess maybe he's embarrassed by the wonky applique around his eyes...:

anyway, i still have ALOT of work to do, but i'm learning patience with this one! can't wait to see yours all finished! have a wonderful day everybody!!!

<<Please remember to remove [img] tags when quoting!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007 05:16:44 PM by superstitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxy nova
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2007 03:04:17 PM »

hi d!
to applique, all you do is a very short zig-zag stitch on a medium-wide setting. using a fabric stabilizer on the back will make the process easier too. hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiendishfabricator
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2007 04:36:56 PM »

Your Cookie Monster warms my heart.
Any plans for a Snuffalupagus?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Walnut-Chocolate Sticky Buns
How to Make a Sticky Toffee Pudding
5 Interesting Ways to Cook With Chocolate
Challah Pumpkin Bread Pudding Is a Thanksgivukkah Miracle
Donut Chips Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...