A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Beginner's Supplies..  (Read 17936 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beadstoyourheart
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009 07:18:25 PM »

Hi there,
you can found lots of cool stuff on my website @ great prices.

www.beadstoyourheart.com

hope this will help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beefishie
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009 11:37:58 AM »

You most deffinitely need a bead design board. It helps me so much with organizing my designs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I knit and make jewelry mostly, but do a few other crafts as well. PM me. =)
infiernodeashly
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009 09:51:34 PM »

Can I hop onto your thread and ask if anyone knows of a place to find a bead spinner (do these actually work?) for less than $50?  Can I make one?

Walmart sells them for like $20 I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit http://www.infiernodeashly.etsy.com/ for more handcrafted jewelry!
BeadinFluff
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009 05:39:44 PM »

I'm sad that some of you don't like bead spinners! I personally love mine but have only used it when it comes to wire for making french beaded flowers. I used to make them by stringing each bead by hand and it would take me near a half an hour to string enough beads to make a single petal!

It's all about the curved angle on the end of your wire. I've never had any luck with the actual hooks that usually come with the spinner. I have always quickly bent the end of the spool of wire myself. I have also found that the closer I hug the wire to the edge of the bead spinner, the more luck I have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Babs_c
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010 08:28:26 AM »

Can I hop onto your thread and ask if anyone knows of a place to find a bead spinner (do these actually work?) for less than $50?  Can I make one?

I think bead spinners are an aquired taste but if you haven't got one already just search on amazon they have them for around $25 Smiley

Babs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tired of frizz, use  cordless straighteners  one thing for the kitchen? A
chef knife Smiley
Pan-Gaia Designs
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010 02:26:50 PM »

I know that it's late to post, but after reading this, I wanted to mention the ultimate place to get some very odd stuff:  Home Depot.

According to my friends, I could open a small bead shop of my own with all the bits and part's I've accumulated.  In order to organize the stuff, I went to Home Depot and picked up a bunch of the stacking plastic containers that have a whole bunch of little drawers in them. It makes creation easy - just grab the drawer and go. I can lay out the drawers on my workbench, make what I want to make, and then put them back.  Best of all, they are interchangable, for the most part, so if you find that some things are more commonly used, you can just keep them on a shelf near you.

Home Depot also has other things that Jewelry makers may like:  Welding rods, soldering irons and solder, flashing in aluminum and copper colors, different kinds of organizers/toolboxes for things, pegboard on the cheap, etc.  Personally, I'm always shocked that more jewelry makers are willing to pay huge amounts for what is essentially the same thing - but without the construction coloring. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloria.smith279
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011 04:22:27 AM »

If you're new to beading I would recommend checking out AGrainofSand.com. They have everything you could need to start out (beads, clasps, chain, and wire, etc.), plus they have an amazing collection of unique vintage beads for inspiration and motivation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tanyaheart
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011 05:38:49 PM »

Check the Hobby Lobby sales ads every week. They regularly have findings 50% off and a 40% off coupon for whatever else you need. Other supplies like tools, storage bins, etc. go on sale every couple of weeks, as well. When making earrings, I prefer the leverback ear wires.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vicky Violence
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011 02:39:59 PM »

Guys! I really hope you can help me!

I'm much of a n00b when it comes to beading/jewelry findings etc, (so I'm not even sure if I'm in the right board here  Cheesy) but I was wondering if these silver thingies have a name?

I tried searching for bead caps but those are for threading and not for like... Pendant making.

Sorry again guys as you can tell I'm totally clueless  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

false intentions and a life so  pretentious
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011 11:06:14 PM »

From the looks of it, that is a bead cap. I think the stone is only partially drilled and there is an eye hook glued into the hole. So it would go from bottom up: partially drilled stone, bead cap, eye hook glued into the stone, jump ring.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Craft Stick Snowman
How to Make a Decorated Paper Christmas Tree
How to Make Polymer Clay Christmas Tree Ornaments
How to Make a Rudolph Hand Puppet
How to Wrap Presents with Fabric
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...