A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I lost my scissors, etc! Have you stopped making your project because of it?  (Read 465 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brickabrack
brickabrack

all you need is an idea...and some coffee

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2005 12:01:25 PM »

I'm a fairly organized person being an anal retentive virgo and everything, but man I've been looking for my exacto knife for the past 2 weeks! (sure I could buy another one, but when I do, I JUST KNOW it will suddenly re-appear as usual just like everything I loose) So... If anyone else lost something and its preventing you from finishing a REALLY AWESOME project, take a load off and tell your story here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyce finally got off the futon...  - American Splendor
ILiveForJesus
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005 01:08:47 PM »

My sewing machine has been broken for about 5 months. Because I am just a poor teenager i haven't been able to get a machine. But my wonderful Grandma just bought me one today!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005 01:12:32 PM »

I never let it stop me. If I lose my scissors and decide I want to start making stripes inmy scarf, I always have my lighter! If I can't find my yarn needle, I use a paperclip. Improvise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brickabrack
brickabrack

all you need is an idea...and some coffee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005 01:48:15 PM »

its funny because I just found my exacto knife(lol with the help of the boyfriend) and now its stenciling time!! You're right with improvising, its amazing what safety pins can accomplish! Yes! I've used lighters, teeth, and papercutters in place of scissors - works like a charm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyce finally got off the futon...  - American Splendor
Inna
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005 10:20:55 PM »

if I let a little thing like losing a very important item stop me, I would have sliced my wrists years ago!! just kidding.
We call my little problem "Oh that.. I filed it" in other words - never to be seen again. I swear that I have house elves that laugh their bony little a$$es off when they take my stuff and move it because one person can not lose that amount of stuff. They are actually picking on my husband lately - whenever he puts down his keys they are gone - poof, and then he has a hissy fit, screaming and yelling and hitting inanimate objects - I don't blame the house elves because I am on the floor laughing my a$$ off right along with them. Its funny though - the elves never follow me to work......interesting........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drama llama ding dong
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Crochet Embellishments to Clothing
How to Convert a Crochet Pattern Into a Knitting Pattern
Single Crochet Stitches
How to Crochet a Purse
How to Recycle Household Items Into Handmade Ornaments
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...