A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [ACCEPTED] - Tutorials all in one place?  (Read 11742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

munchkinarooo
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2009 07:13:21 AM »

Hi, i'm relatively new here, so i don't know if something lie this has been posted anywhere or if it should be someplace else.

I know that at the beginning of most sections there are a bunch of links for tutorials (I don't know if you know what i mean) But i was wondering if it would be possible to put all of these into one thread, where people could add the tutorials they find, or make a new category somewhere for posting tutorials. because there are many things that i would love to make, but then i have to search the site for a tutorial that may or may not be there, and it takes a lot of time for something that i don't even know will be there. I just think that it would be easier if there were a separate section with all the tutorial sites.

Thanks for reading!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend of mine that we met in Len whos father was older than him that and had a washing machine that a guy had to fix, that guys second couisn that had a sister in law that had a grandmother that had a maid that had a friend that sold tofu. Well a neighbour of hers has what you lent me.
photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2009 11:34:21 AM »

You can see all threads on craftster that have been tagged with the word 'tutorial' here - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=tutorial
THIS ROCKS   Logged

munchkinarooo
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2009 07:23:05 AM »

I think this has already been suggested here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=199178.0  Let me know if it's the same & I'll merge them.  There are some great suggestions there, too. Smiley

lol, ok, i was just checking to see if there were any answers to what i had posted, but that explains why it was gone Cheesy

I didn't know that we could look for them through tags, on the other hand, if there wont be a board perhaps you should remind people of the tags, just in case there are more people like me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend of mine that we met in Len whos father was older than him that and had a washing machine that a guy had to fix, that guys second couisn that had a sister in law that had a grandmother that had a maid that had a friend that sold tofu. Well a neighbour of hers has what you lent me.
NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012 05:15:36 PM »

Maybe I have missed it but I would love to see a board just for tutorials.  I know there is a place for tutorials in each category but I would like there to be one place to go to access these instead of (or in addition to) the individual boards for the topic.

Does that make sense?  I think it would be cool for there to be one place to access all the tutorials on Craftster.  Might be my laziness shining through though  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012 04:32:38 AM »

Maybe I have missed it but I would love to see a board just for tutorials.  I know there is a place for tutorials in each category but I would like there to be one place to go to access these instead of (or in addition to) the individual boards for the topic.

Does that make sense?  I think it would be cool for there to be one place to access all the tutorials on Craftster.  Might be my laziness shining through though  Grin
I agree. It'd be nice to even browse through and get ideas or even to try a new craft if I'm looking for something to do and I don't even know what....it happens. I like this idea and much easier to find things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2013 07:53:54 PM »

An easy way to tell if something is a tutorial is for people to label it a tutorial! I go to cutoutandkeep.net often and when you upload a project on that website, you have to choose either to post it as a tutorial, a creation (no tutorial), or a version of someone elses creation or tutorial. This way, at the top of the main page, you can click a button and it will only show you the tutorials, or just the creations, or just the versions.

So, this idea has already been implemented somewhere else, craftster should be able to do something like it, too. If they so choose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2013 12:59:32 AM »

An easy way to tell if something is a tutorial is for people to label it a tutorial! I go to cutoutandkeep.net often and when you upload a project on that website, you have to choose either to post it as a tutorial, a creation (no tutorial), or a version of someone elses creation or tutorial. This way, at the top of the main page, you can click a button and it will only show you the tutorials, or just the creations, or just the versions.

So, this idea has already been implemented somewhere else, craftster should be able to do something like it, too. If they so choose.

That's clever. I like that solution. That way, you're not removing them from the main board and can still see "all" posts in your favorite board, and see just the tutes if you so choose. Enforcing the need to choose rather than having a "default" option also makes people more aware of it and more likely to actually tag it as a tutorial if it is, rather than the free text style we've been trying to use so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2013 08:36:50 AM »

Well, we do currently have the Tutorial Lists, which is the closest thing, but we are also secretly working on something else more similar to what you're describing.  Cool Hopefully we can share more soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2013 02:16:09 PM »

Hey everyone! We now have a Tutorials area! Go here to read all about it: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424127.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Arianna Huffington: President & Editor-In-Chief, The Huffington Post
Homemade All-Natural Heating Pad
DIY Playdough with DIY Expert Tanya Memme
How Snow Globes Came to Be
DIY Snowglobe Ornaments
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...