A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 20th Birthday Party  (Read 908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mint
« on: October 06, 2005 03:23:30 PM »

Hi all,

I'm turning 20 in December and my b/f said he'd throw me a party. But I have no idea what to do. My friends are into themes and all that stuff and my b/f's house is pretty huge. I would think his parents would stay in the house. I'm into vintage, crafty things, and music but a lot of my friends aren't. So I have no clue what to do.... Any suggestions? Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mint
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005 01:20:53 PM »

Come on gals and guys help me out! I haven't had a decent party since the Bush Senior administartion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frubaloo

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005 01:49:29 PM »

What about a Hollywood theme? It sort of incorporates music, and other people might like it as well.
Have a red carpet laid out near the door, have movie posters or cardboard figures around the house, some bright lights (a disco light or spotlights, maybe?), and
how about a mini concession stand? Maybe somewhere in the kitchen, food could be served (popcorn, pretzels, candy, and the traditional pizza for dinner, perhaps? Or nachos, hot dogs-I think they serve those at the movies; stuff like that, be creative). Maybe you could even hand out some awards for best dressed or most hungry?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Personal Site | Email | AIM: Frubaloo
tamagotchi
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005 01:50:19 PM »

your friends aren't into music?!?  geez, what do they do all day?

maybe you could have a theme party that also ties in with something you like.  for example, doing something retro-themed (forties, fifties, sixties), like a record hop.  you could wear period clothes, spin records, and serve ice cream floats.  or watch old movies and tv shows.  that's all I can come up with right now...I'll try to come up with some more ideas.  I feel for you, though.  I don't think I've had a good birthday party in years!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
mint
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005 06:25:11 PM »

I feel for you, though.  I don't think I've had a good birthday party in years!
Yeah I think they tinkered out around the 4th grade...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ambient Art - Cezanne
How to Clean Up and Maintenance Airbrushes
How to Reveal Masked Image using an Airbrush
How to Create a Geometric Shape using an Airbrush
Airbrush Masking Techniques Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...