A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,811
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 20th Birthday Party  (Read 1062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: October 06, 2005 03:23:30 PM »

Hi all,

I'm turning 20 in December and my b/f said he'd throw me a party. But I have no idea what to do. My friends are into themes and all that stuff and my b/f's house is pretty huge. I would think his parents would stay in the house. I'm into vintage, crafty things, and music but a lot of my friends aren't. So I have no clue what to do.... Any suggestions? Thanks
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005 01:20:53 PM »

Come on gals and guys help me out! I haven't had a decent party since the Bush Senior administartion!

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005 01:49:29 PM »

What about a Hollywood theme? It sort of incorporates music, and other people might like it as well.
Have a red carpet laid out near the door, have movie posters or cardboard figures around the house, some bright lights (a disco light or spotlights, maybe?), and
how about a mini concession stand? Maybe somewhere in the kitchen, food could be served (popcorn, pretzels, candy, and the traditional pizza for dinner, perhaps? Or nachos, hot dogs-I think they serve those at the movies; stuff like that, be creative). Maybe you could even hand out some awards for best dressed or most hungry?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Personal Site | Email | AIM: Frubaloo
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005 01:50:19 PM »

your friends aren't into music?!?  geez, what do they do all day?

maybe you could have a theme party that also ties in with something you like.  for example, doing something retro-themed (forties, fifties, sixties), like a record hop.  you could wear period clothes, spin records, and serve ice cream floats.  or watch old movies and tv shows.  that's all I can come up with right now...I'll try to come up with some more ideas.  I feel for you, though.  I don't think I've had a good birthday party in years!

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005 06:25:11 PM »

I feel for you, though.  I don't think I've had a good birthday party in years!
Yeah I think they tinkered out around the 4th grade...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dramatic Reads: Ian Brill
Dramatic Reads: Chris Sebella
Dramatic Reads: Christopher Hastings
Dramatic Reads: Ryan North
Dramatic Reads: Thomas Zahler
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...