A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: The Sha Sha Dream Bag ~sew cute~  (Read 152412 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KittyKurl
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2005 12:10:41 PM »

Thank you so much kellebelle! I was just starting to make my pattern now, and I had just got to the angle part, so I came here to check if my question had been answered! and Voila! It is.
Thanks so much you guys!
I will post the pics of finished bag when I am done... if it works out >_<;;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
rr
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2005 10:23:41 PM »

I love the purse I made but I wonder has anyone actually used theirs.I know that the hard interfacing crushes and creases.How does It looked when it is used.Thank you.Again great  bag Thanks  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kellebelle

Second rule is, be nice to mommies!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2005 10:45:02 PM »

rr, I'm not finished with the one I made for myself yet but my daughter has used and abused hers.  She takes it everywhere with an assortment of her people (Little People), assorted stuffed animals, crayons, and a Dora doll usually stuffed inside.  I have packed it with snacks and juice boxes for trips to the park.  It is holding up very well.  I didn't use particularly stiff interfacing though.  I'd have to say it's medium weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2005 03:45:24 PM »

Here's the sha sha I made today. You can't tell in this picture, but there is a green pocket on the inside.

The lighting's a little funny; the button actually matches the light green fabric.

I'll be making more of these soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
KittyKurl
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2005 08:16:11 PM »

Wow that one's really good! Great job! I finished the main body on mine (pretty fast, too!), and have pinned the lining and outside together at the top and everything. But I have just been procrastinating for a while, so I guess I'll finish it soon. I'm so lazy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
kiwikrafter
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005 10:26:17 PM »

I wanted to address the angle question. Although a 90 degree angle works fine, it will give the bottom of the bag a slightly rounded appearance. if you angle it up slightly, it will produce a squarer/flatter bottom. Has anyone else found this. I took mine up about 1 cm from the 90 degree line.
Does that make sense?

I'm in the process of making my Natty Girl Sha Sha Dream Bag.( Check out my blog for WIP piccies)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No matter where I go...I always meet myself there!
http://nzjo.blogspot.com/
http://flickr.com/photos/42008016@N00/
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2005 11:34:16 PM »

haahaha.. I've never had so much fun drawing lines and such.. my husband has a "geek box" that I have never paid attention to... I decide that I am gonna draw this thing out.. the geek box has drawing tools in it..

I have  discovered that a rolling ruler is the most amazing thing I have ever used in my life!  No jagged-off balanced- crooked lines...

so thank you for the wonderful pattern and thank you for making me  realize the value of the geek box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005 09:53:59 AM »

I wanted to address the angle question. Although a 90 degree angle works fine, it will give the bottom of the bag a slightly rounded appearance. if you angle it up slightly, it will produce a squarer/flatter bottom. Has anyone else found this. I took mine up about 1 cm from the 90 degree line.
Does that make sense?

I'm in the process of making my Natty Girl Sha Sha Dream Bag.( Check out my blog for WIP piccies)

Yep, I also found out that if you angle it up too much the corners refuse to lie nicely and are really hard to iron flat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

recycled_earth

Forget the llamas. Gimme some hedgehog love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005 04:51:55 AM »

I made one for a holiday gift last weekend.  I didn't have paper big enough to draw the pattern on, so I opened up a paper grocery bag and it worked perfectly.  I had problems with the angle issue, and none of the four flappy things came out the same size on the pattern.  I found that if you just match them up when you're pinning, though, and trim the excess, it will be fine.  As long as you get the length measurements right, slight variations in the angle don't seem to make much difference.  Although I've only made the one bag, so it could have been a fluke that it turned out as well as it did!

The lining came out a little puckered, and I didn't put a closure on it, but I think that for my first sewn bag it looks nice!  Thank you, Buglake, for such an awesome pattern and tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I die before I learn to speak, will money pay for all the days I lived awake but half-asleep?   -Primitive Radio Gods

UK crafters unite!  www.craftermath.co. uk
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005 05:21:41 AM »

Here's a little pattern hint if you want the sides to all come out the same size: I made my pattern out of a newspaper. It was folded twice, the way newspapers are, and I only drew one fourth of the pattern on, and then cut it out. When unfolded, everything lines up, because they were all cut at the same time.

(I hope that makes some sort of sense!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Atria Authors Love Book Bloggers
The Stolen Chalice by Kitty Pilgrim
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
Suzanne Corso’s The Suite Life
Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson by Jeff Guinn
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...