A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: The Sha Sha Dream Bag ~sew cute~  (Read 153969 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005 11:37:22 AM »

Kellebelle & IchBeisse- Sorry for your frustration... I never even thought to measure that angle.  And.. "HA" to whether I have a protractor handy...   Cool<-non-highschool graduate
That angle is also 6 1/4" (like how tall it is).

Wow, that makes complete sense now...
i was confused too, but i ended up screwing the pattern up totally, so i had to waffle a bit on my own, and never got back to trying to figure it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BiscottiTogs

Life's too short for cheap chocolate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2005 11:58:15 AM »

Finally took some pictures of that first bag.  I've finished one more and have four nearly finished on the sewing table.  Can you tell I'm having fun :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80795907@N00/57240850/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/80795907@N00/57239584/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/80795907@N00/57238359/

Couldn't make the tags work... sorry :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005 12:00:05 PM by BiscottiTogs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kellebelle

Second rule is, be nice to mommies!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2005 04:26:44 PM »

Buglake - I think I posted it on another of your posts. Are there two posts for the Sha Sha Dream bag?

I decided to have a beer while drawing the pattern out and, yes, HOORAY, I finally got it!!  It's my daughter Mahalia's Dora Sha Sha Dream Bag:

It's a little floppy since I didn't use a hard bottom insert since I figured I'd be washing it periodically.

The only reason I have a protractor  Grin is because I have a son in the 7th grade taking Algebra and I'm trying desperately to be of some help to him (Algebra for Dummies).  I am not managing to stay one step ahead...but I think it helps him to explain things to me! 

Thanks again for the tutorial!

I made two others as gifts but didn't get to take pictures of them before I gave them.  One was especially cute with surfer pin up girl fabric and soft flannelly material for the lining and black plastic handles.  It was almost too cute to give away...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011 08:38:49 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2005 09:05:52 PM »

Aak! I knew I forgot to buy something at the craft store today - my fat quarters for my sha sha dream bag! This bag is so cute, thanks for posting the tutorial Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KittyKurl
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2005 08:32:35 PM »

Adorable!
I'm trying to decide which one to make first... the ribbon or the fabric? It's hard to decide!
I absolutely love<3 the black fabric with the design on it on the last bag that you showed with matching wallet. It's awesome! Where did you get it?
I can't believe you are so good at making these bags... It makes me feel so sewing challenged >_<;;
Great Job! Keep up the fantastic work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
buglake

..ah, my darling Lenore.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2005 08:46:13 PM »

Adorable!
I'm trying to decide which one to make first... the ribbon or the fabric? It's hard to decide!
I absolutely love<3 the black fabric with the design on it on the last bag that you showed with matching wallet. It's awesome! Where did you get it?
I can't believe you are so good at making these bags... It makes me feel so sewing challenged >_<;;
Great Job! Keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks for the compliments!  You'll see just how easy this is once you make one yourself.  I got the black fabric off the bolt at Joann's in San Diego.  That one is Stefanie's Sha Sha Dream Bag for my neice!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005 09:18:21 AM by buglake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

.. . . .__     )_
>>>/(o))__/(o)

Riding my Vespa and being creative - the only reasons why I get out of bed at all.
KittyKurl
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2005 07:35:25 PM »

hey kellebelle - I was wondering the same about the triangles...
I've used 90 degree angles and it works just fine  Wink
You just used 90 degree angles from the side of the bag (5 inches) to the bottom of the triangle (2 3/4") part?
Because I don't want to screw this up... it's for my friend's christmas present, and I don't have enough fabric to try twice >_<;;

Thanks! Please answer quickly...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
buglake

..ah, my darling Lenore.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2005 11:19:56 PM »

Alright - I am not a mathamatician (or a professional speller)...  so although I redesigned the pattern - I'm not an angels-by-degrees person.  It seems like 90 degrees is what others have used (which beats 98 Degrees, if you know what I mean).  I just kinda sketched it out, exactly like the diagram... and was sucessful!  Yipee!

Sorry if I suck for not knowing this - but I really know your girlfriend is gonna love her <insert her name here> Sha Sha Dream Bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.. . . .__     )_
>>>/(o))__/(o)

Riding my Vespa and being creative - the only reasons why I get out of bed at all.
kellebelle

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2005 11:24:02 PM »

KittyKurl, yes the 90 degree angle works well.  So the 2 3/4" line should come straight out from the side, just an extension of the 9 inch line, really.  I find that when I sew the sides together and then sew that to the bottom, I still have to trim a pointy bit off the end of the side seam when I match it up with the bottom bit but it works out just fine.  I hope that made sense...  Here's a half-assed depiction.  Too late to upload pictures...

|     \
                        5" |       \
                            |         \
________________|______\
           9"              | 2 3/4"
                            |

hey kellebelle - I was wondering the same about the triangles...
I've used 90 degree angles and it works just fine  Wink
You just used 90 degree angles from the side of the bag (5 inches) to the bottom of the triangle (2 3/4") part?
Because I don't want to screw this up... it's for my friend's christmas present, and I don't have enough fabric to try twice >_<;;

Thanks! Please answer quickly...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kellebelle

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2005 11:26:49 PM »

Buglake, we'll make a math-a-ma-whatchamacallit out of you yet!!  Love, love, love making your bags.  I am just finishing one for myself and will post a picture when I'm done. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rendering Previews in Lightroom
How to Draw an F22 Combat Aircraft
How to Draw Fanboy from Fanboy and Chum Chum
How to Fit Your Image Size to Your Print Size
How to Draw Eriko from Dragon Crisis
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...