A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 308,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
238 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What else to do with the "fridge mate" 12-pack soda boxes?  (Read 2469 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kellyk
« on: September 23, 2005 03:08:36 PM »

We dring a lot of soda at my house and I am running out of ideas for using the boxes!  Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Senobia

Now THERE'S an idea!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005 11:11:09 AM »

when i was a youngun i would pull the pull out part of the box completely off and tape saurian wrap across the hole, then cut a door on both sides and the back, and pretend it was a subway. it entertained me for hours
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, why practice?
pibbgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005 11:17:56 AM »

*posting because I'm interested in any ideas that come up too*
This will probably not be helpful to you, but at my house we drink an awful lot of mountain dew.  I usually buy the fridge pack and then when its empty I buy the 24 can case and refill the fridge pack, because the fridge packs are handy, but the 24 can cases are usually cheaper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kellyk
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005 03:37:27 PM »

Hah!  That is pretty neat.

I cut one diagonally and made a ramp for my son to roll his cars down.  He destroyed it after a few days, but it was cool while it lasted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xsattentionspan
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005 08:30:56 PM »

I store grocery bags in them to keep the mountains of grocery bags under control.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005 09:47:11 PM »

Not sure how well this would work cause I just came up with it but I think they'd make a neat wine holder. Maybe you could hook a lot of them together and make a wine rack deal, or use them as wine gift boxes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessjewel
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005 02:26:09 PM »

Not sure how well this would work cause I just came up with it but I think they'd make a neat wine holder. Maybe you could hook a lot of them together and make a wine rack deal, or use them as wine gift boxes.
That's a cool idea, but I think they'd be too weak for that.

You can store the kids' toy cars in there...they can pretend it's a parking garage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SaraCate
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005 02:47:50 PM »

Posted by lady4feet-->That's a cool idea, but I think they'd be too weak for that.

What about paper-mache?  It'd be a pain to do the full depth of the boxes if they were left (mostly) intact, but you could shorten them...orcut a section out of the middle, leaving a strip of cardboard connecting the front scetion to the back section.  Tape, add funky cardboard details,, and voila!

I've made various hanging shelves with random pieces of cardboard or boxes paper-mached...after drying they are quite strong.  Did a 4-section knick-knack shelf with four OJ cartons cut off and taped together...lots of possibilities!

Sara

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kewlchik
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005 12:38:39 PM »

You can cut the side open that has the handle/opening(disposing of it) and then put contact paper on the now open rectangle  box and put it in the tops of closets or inside desk drawers to  put things in for storage that don't fit in a conventional size storage box.(those fold up umbrellas, rolls of shelf paper, loose things like clothespins,pipecleaners,pompoms,)I used my husbands beer boxes for magazine holders. They were just the right size and when I contact papered them and stored them in my laundry room, they looked nice, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...