A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funky shorts/pants combo...Who'd like to show me what you've got?  (Read 13224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purplepiegirl
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005 10:28:16 AM »

Those drawings are great. love the shading.  Those are very unique,  Have you started on them yet.  I may try this. Hmmmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005 02:41:11 AM »

oh wow that's really awesome coz i did some similar drawings a while ago except with skirts.. it was a sort of  baggy legwarmer loOk.. hmm.. hahah anyways.. yea.. i've never really thought about making any though.. my sewing skills arent really that great..  Sad    anyways.. here are the pics i drew.. doubt anyone's interested but pfft.. just in case.

sorry they're so bad.. i dont know what's wrong with me.. i just cant draw these days.. and i was real tired when i drew them so.. yeah..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011 05:40:29 AM by photojenn - Reason: removed broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005 12:51:36 PM »

Yep, I've started, I just dont have pics yet.  I love those drawings Smiley Awesome!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005 05:28:13 PM »

so you are just gonna hold em up with elastic or something? i dont really get how this wOrks..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geniusNOTatWORK
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005 09:18:47 PM »

those remind me of those furry rave legwarmers! nice drawings you guys! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KawaiiKatie
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008 06:11:45 AM »

I see alot of these around Japan. Jrock esque.

I made a pair out of some tight fitting dress pants and kept them together using a pretty chain thing as a garder.

:3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008 01:43:19 PM »

My friend ended up with a pair of pants like these for belly dancing, but they have garters connecting them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009 06:37:36 PM »

I ripped apart a pair of black jeans to do this. Added a knit band to the tops of the legs and put garters into the shorts and attached them to the shorts. Honestly, I love this style and with the popularity of suspenders and leggings now, they are back in style Smiley Yay!

Love your drawings, too, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
JenahBear
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009 10:41:11 AM »

Is it too late to join? I didn't see any activity after april 2nd  Sad I made a pair of furry leggings for myself last year and I can just imagine a pair of denim with shorts/skirt. I think the idea is super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malkavian6
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009 11:13:57 AM »

I have always wanted to make a pair of shorts/legwarmers like this. I was hoping to secure them to the shorts with D rings and straps, (i hate having to pull up leggings/stockings) and thought that putting some straps would be a good idea. That way you could also tighten them.

I am thinking about making them completely from scratch, w/o using a pair of jeans. Hopefully with in the next few days i can post a picture!

And i completely agree with the fuzzy rave legwarmers, i used to see them out a lot... but not so much anymore.

Also what i think would be cool, is to not have them so baggy, but make them a little more form fitting starting a little higher up.. And have them look like skinny jeans with a section missing, if you have them tight to your legs, then some thin elastic or something, (not too... tight though) i think would look amazing.

In fact, i think that might be the style i will make mine in!

(Your drawing is amazing, I wish i could put my ideas in the that good of a picture, i dont think i would have so much trouble communicating myself, to myself, haha)

-karyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- karyn

Currently participating in swap(s) below!

- Ga Ga for Granny Squares :
Sent out my squares!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Side Up-Do
How to Care for Color Treated Hair
Learn About Hair Cutting Tools
Learn About Hair Drying Tools
How to Care for Relaxed Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...