A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,343
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funky shorts/pants combo...Who'd like to show me what you've got?  (Read 14291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2005 12:56:01 PM »

I know this may look ridiculous, but I've been thinking about pants and shorts at the same time...
So here's what I came up with...and I'd like to challenge you to see if you'd be able to come up with a strategy that would work to make these.

They can be drawstring, elastic, whatever, probably best worn above the knees so they dont fall down, although they'd look really good above the knees, and the shorts would be matching, the same pair of jeans that the bottom comes from.  The picture on the right is a drawing I did a while back that I found that uses the same concept.

SO if you feel compelled, I will try it too, see how many different working patterns we can get of these funky pants shorts combo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft-matic
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005 01:58:18 PM »

That looks like such a fun idea!  But heavens, I don't think I have the thighs for it Tongue

I love those kinds of "leggings" under above-the-knee skirts.  Have you seen the felt ones with emroidery?  There are also fun ones made of more drapey material, and even some bell-bottom-shaped ones made out of a shell-colored mohair and tied above the knee with a pretty ribbon.  But I never thought of putting them with shorts, or with making them of matching material.  If you made them from jeans, they would look really hot with fishnets underneath.  I may have to try this after all and see what I can do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005 02:22:32 PM »

Sweet! Yea, fishnets would be awesome!  I've seen alot of the fur ones on e-bay and in some Japanese manga comic books, but they're usually worn with skirts Smiley.  I have to find a pair of jeans first though before I begin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005 06:36:56 AM »

That's it? Nobody else? Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005 05:25:03 PM »

I think I'll try this too, when I find my box of old jeans.  My shorts would be slightly longer than in the picture though, so I can show them off at school
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005 08:00:52 AM »

Sweet Smiley Thanks guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RainyRamone
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005 10:22:52 PM »

This looks really intriguing!  So...the shorts are typically denim...and the 'leggings' are either denim, or anything you want?  I'll bet you'll have tons more joiners if you post your progress - me, for instance!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Serenity now, insanity later..."    -Lloyd Braun-
krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005 10:03:14 PM »

Tayo, but I probably wont be able to "model" them, just take a picture...that's a good piece of advice, thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mutatedkiwi
Queen of big ideas that never get done

I'm a kitty cat! MROW!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005 10:54:01 AM »

I love the idea... if you made the legs attach around your thighs with snaps or buttons, like cuffs sort of, that would be really cool. You should...make a website dedicated to those things... and sell them...

you'd get rich. But first, buy a patent.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'Oh sweet Jesus, a boob! She's making a BOOB!!!'" --InkFaery
"'Somebody's drawn a rabid fish in my book! Aaaah! It's got teeth! It just appeared!!'" --Nushybum
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005 11:36:32 AM »

I don't have tips for you, but I just had to tell you that I love your drawings!
Gr,
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purplepiegirl
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005 10:28:16 AM »

Those drawings are great. love the shading.  Those are very unique,  Have you started on them yet.  I may try this. Hmmmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005 02:41:11 AM »

oh wow that's really awesome coz i did some similar drawings a while ago except with skirts.. it was a sort of  baggy legwarmer loOk.. hmm.. hahah anyways.. yea.. i've never really thought about making any though.. my sewing skills arent really that great..  Sad    anyways.. here are the pics i drew.. doubt anyone's interested but pfft.. just in case.

sorry they're so bad.. i dont know what's wrong with me.. i just cant draw these days.. and i was real tired when i drew them so.. yeah..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011 05:40:29 AM by photojenn - Reason: removed broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005 12:51:36 PM »

Yep, I've started, I just dont have pics yet.  I love those drawings Smiley Awesome!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005 05:28:13 PM »

so you are just gonna hold em up with elastic or something? i dont really get how this wOrks..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geniusNOTatWORK
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005 09:18:47 PM »

those remind me of those furry rave legwarmers! nice drawings you guys! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KawaiiKatie
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008 06:11:45 AM »

I see alot of these around Japan. Jrock esque.

I made a pair out of some tight fitting dress pants and kept them together using a pretty chain thing as a garder.

:3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008 01:43:19 PM »

My friend ended up with a pair of pants like these for belly dancing, but they have garters connecting them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009 06:37:36 PM »

I ripped apart a pair of black jeans to do this. Added a knit band to the tops of the legs and put garters into the shorts and attached them to the shorts. Honestly, I love this style and with the popularity of suspenders and leggings now, they are back in style Smiley Yay!

Love your drawings, too, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
JenahBear
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009 10:41:11 AM »

Is it too late to join? I didn't see any activity after april 2nd  Sad I made a pair of furry leggings for myself last year and I can just imagine a pair of denim with shorts/skirt. I think the idea is super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malkavian6
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009 11:13:57 AM »

I have always wanted to make a pair of shorts/legwarmers like this. I was hoping to secure them to the shorts with D rings and straps, (i hate having to pull up leggings/stockings) and thought that putting some straps would be a good idea. That way you could also tighten them.

I am thinking about making them completely from scratch, w/o using a pair of jeans. Hopefully with in the next few days i can post a picture!

And i completely agree with the fuzzy rave legwarmers, i used to see them out a lot... but not so much anymore.

Also what i think would be cool, is to not have them so baggy, but make them a little more form fitting starting a little higher up.. And have them look like skinny jeans with a section missing, if you have them tight to your legs, then some thin elastic or something, (not too... tight though) i think would look amazing.

In fact, i think that might be the style i will make mine in!

(Your drawing is amazing, I wish i could put my ideas in the that good of a picture, i dont think i would have so much trouble communicating myself, to myself, haha)

-karyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- karyn

Currently participating in swap(s) below!

- Ga Ga for Granny Squares :
Sent out my squares!
muddles
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009 10:19:16 AM »

hi Cheesy

yeah, i love this concept Wink  im getting ready to make some rainbow boot covers for my halloween costume (going to be twink from rainbowbrite).. ive made a pair before, with brown fur.   the ones over the knees look like fun as well !!

i agree with the person that said it'd look awesome with fishnets under the jeans. oh goodness. im excited. Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kezzza888
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009 09:23:38 AM »

Really love this idea butI cant think how the bottom part would be held up?Huh

Only just got my sewing machine and starting out so would like to try something ,ore simple first but definatly these eventually once i got a bit of practice at simpler stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissRachel
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009 05:43:23 PM »

Not shorts, but I just made a skirt and legwarmers from a pair of pants. Here's a link with pictures if it interests anyone-

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330604.0

The legwarmers are so easy to do. All you need is a length of elastic and a bit of patience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chelseahavoc
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010 12:34:10 AM »

sweet i wanna try this! when i go though my pants next time i just might!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

costuming isn't just for haloween
empty_smiles
I want your SOUL!

I am....{insert random phrase here}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010 10:05:47 PM »

Steam punk couture has a really good idea in her fashion design illustrations section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love creepy dolls... buy me one...
PinkyDoll
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011 09:43:40 AM »

i love this idea, i used to cut my old jeans and make it into a 2 pieces outfit just like this
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amarok
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011 01:19:45 PM »

i actually am planning on doing something similar, but easier to come up with, something like....

http://shop.cyberdog.net/images/prod_5501.jpg

well, that's not exactly what i was looking for, but can't find the exact match anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013 09:02:08 PM by meleriffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
Bluedolphin
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011 07:50:24 AM »

old tread, but anyways,
I made something like this with an old pair of too-sort sweat pants, but the shorts are just too weird to post.It's comfier to wear than before though, thanks for the idea^^ And your drawings are great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashgraykitsune
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011 05:56:29 PM »

Dude, look up a guy named Uruha on google. His older stuff includes quite possibly every variation on this theme imaginable. I have personally seen the man wear leather shorts with feather boot covers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011 10:12:17 PM »

OMG, that guy is SO pretty he could be a Final Fantasy character!!!! How are these J-Rock boys all so GORGEOUS?!?!

Ahem, but yes, he wears some fabulous pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashgraykitsune
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011 07:56:56 PM »

XD He is! The rest of his band is just as pretty, and they've got a great sound too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scastorbleu
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012 05:26:13 PM »

I've pondered, and probably made sketches, of pants that consisted of shorts attached to the rest of pants legs with straps or belts, sort of like bondage pants. Hmmm... maybe I will attempt this and add some removeable straps, for a different look. Maybe some for myself and some for my midget. I know this is an old inactive craftalong, but maybe I can use some craftiness and revive it somehow. This sounds like fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gracycolonal
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012 03:36:30 AM »

No this is very nice looking in fact. I have a collection of frills with embroidery ones.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
zadok
creative slacker

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012 08:10:43 AM »

Wow I came up with an idea similar to these in middle school (2002):

I actually just made them into a real pair of pants last month. XD
They are a recon of an old pair of jeans. The 'straps' keeping the pieces together are ribons that snap on and off so you can throw them in the wash and not get them all tangled up. I wear black thights under them cause I don't like my knees. I also made the shirt (no the things on her arms aren't part of it), tail, wings, & dyed the hat for my first cosplay. XD
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012 09:18:59 AM by zadok » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jill-of-most-trades, attempter of most Wink
~will do personal swaps~
https://pinterest.com/zadok1175/

http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=2 Swap books for free! XD
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Products To Keep You Smelling & Looking Radiant As You Travel
Twiggy Inspired Sixties Makeup Tutorial
Top 5 Summer Lipsticks
How to Make Matte Nail Polish
How To Make 3 At-Home Cellulite Remedies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...