A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not boyfriend but "special guyfriend" b-day gift!  (Read 880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftgrrl
« on: September 21, 2005 09:19:57 PM »

Well you see theres a guyfriend i've been talking to and his birthday is NOV. 13 soo i guess i'm planning way ahead but...

I really do like him and i want to give him a gift so he knows i'm thinking of him because he lives 100 miles away.

I don't want to be too forward or cheesy but i do sorta want to get my message through but i don't know what i can make him. I kinda like the t-shirt thing...he's turning 18 too. Soo oh yea, i think i'm gonna have to send it through the mail

some things he likes:
video games
megaman
indie music
Thumper (from bambi sort of an inside thing)
emo hair
comedy movies

ummmm... i don't know please help!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sham
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005 09:33:14 PM »

the first thing i thought of, because i'm talkign about it right now, is that you should make him cards and stationary. so that he can drop you a note. or, you know, anyone a note. but hopefully you too. these could be megaman or video games. that'd be fun.
you could make him somethign to decorate his room with. that'd be nice. like somethign to hang on the wall or even a pillow or something. someone on here made a killer megaman quilt, i bet you could make a small version that's a pillow.
good luck, and sorry he's far away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftgrrl
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005 05:53:39 PM »

Thanks!! i could get really creative with the stationary, and the megaman pillow sounds awesome maybe i'll do everything. I love it!

its alright though, maybe after he graduates i'll convince him to move down here.^_^ hehehe

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dj_jammer506
x~Gay As A Rainbow is Bright~x

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005 07:11:54 PM »

You can always get him a Jounal with The Old Megaman Sprites Printed in the Corner. I'm a Megaman Fan also, and I don't know if he likes the newer ones or the older ones, but with me I like the Retro Ones better. Those two are my favorite poses, if you want more, just let me know.

Dj
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for someone to do any Personal Swap with... PM Me if interested! Don't Be afraid!
craftgrrl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005 08:10:08 PM »

aww those are cute i'm not sure which ones he likes but i'm sure those would look great on a journal!Yes please send me more that would look good on anything like stationary or the pillow ideas too, thanks soo much!^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezrainiel
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005 06:58:33 PM »

To combine two of the above ideas, you could find a Megaman sprite or two on the Net and cross-stitch them onto a pillow.  That'd be cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rayno24
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005 11:23:10 PM »

Do you do silk screening or stenciling? Make him a t-shirt or hoodie with like, song lyrics or something on it.
Also, what about making a mix-tape? They can be sooooo personal, even if you just put on songs that he likes, the fact that you compile them for him makes it special, and you can design a case for it :-)

Also here's what I'm doing for the boy i like right now: I bought sticker paper that you can put through your printer, and you can design stickers for him. It's fun and simple and totallly personalized!

or maybe a journal or something if he likes to write? My boy likes to keep a pad in him pocket allllllll the time, so a little pocket sized notebook is perfect for him. Maybe your boy would like that too, with a mini pen or pencil to write things down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bloomberg Hits Back At NYT Claims Of Censoring Stories For Chinese Leaders
Badluck Way, the Story of a Man, a Wolf, and Their Ultimate Collision
Susan Rebecca White: What Are You Reading?
Matt Apuzzo: What Are You Reading?
Authors Celebrate Local Independent Bookstores
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...