A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ferret bag  (Read 5304 times)
Tags for this thread: ferret  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« on: September 21, 2005 09:07:09 PM »

My ferrets and I take a lot of car trips together so I needed something for when I stopped I could take my babies with me wherever I went. I'm very paranoid about leaving them in the car for any amount of time because they don't handle heat very well. The carry sacks I did have weren't very pretty and if someone were to look at them they'd think hmm what an odd purse. So I decided I need a new cool bag that could easily fool the unsuspecting shop owner, well until the bag/purse started moving, lol.
I made the strap adjustable and a zippered top.

Here's the inside snaps, it's so I can hook them inside by their harnesses don't need any wiggling out. I made four of them even though I only have two ferrets right now. I decided four was the magic number but don't tell my Hubby he thinks three is, hehe.

And here's Sugar modeling for me. She's not strapped in though, I think she looks adorable with her little red harness on but she doesn't like it to much.

The best part about this bag is it only cost me $3.00 most of the stuff I already had lying around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005 09:09:22 PM »

that is so adorable!! awesome job Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
jettetheimpala
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005 10:07:43 PM »

I love the fabric and the buckle and the exceptionally odd use for it. I like ferrets. They're like those draught stopping snakes for doors with fur and feet.

Nicely done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the little fish have fun in the sea... http://www.quicklittlesplinter.com
ferret_lover
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005 05:16:51 PM »

Hey thats awesome!!!  I need to make some for my 2 fuzzies!!!  Great idea and nicely done!!!!

Krystal
Mom to Cody and Koko the ferret kids
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilly_Queen
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005 09:24:44 AM »

My ferrets and I take a lot of car trips together so I needed something for when I stopped I could take my babies with me wherever I went. I'm very paranoid about leaving them in the car for any amount of time because they don't handle heat very well. The carry sacks I did have weren't very pretty and if someone were to look at them they'd think hmm what an odd purse. So I decided I need a new cool bag that could easily fool the unsuspecting shop owner, well until the bag/purse started moving, lol.
I made the strap adjustable and a zippered top.

Here's the inside snaps, it's so I can hook them inside by their harnesses don't need any wiggling out. I made four of them even though I only have two ferrets right now. I decided four was the magic number but don't tell my Hubby he thinks three is, hehe.

And here's Sugar modeling for me. She's not strapped in though, I think she looks adorable with her little red harness on but she doesn't like it to much.

The best part about this bag is it only cost me $3.00 most of the stuff I already had lying around.

Ive been itchy for one for my ferret Lilly. I hate all the ones they sell in stores. Would there be any way you can custom make one for me? If you tell me how much fabric you need, I can get some and mail it to you. PM me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005 05:37:43 AM »

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with the result I can't wait till this weekend when we go to AL now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FerretNose

Shine on, you crazy diamond...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005 08:03:05 PM »

you actually take your ferrets along places with you? Don't they try and get loose and do ferrety things? Of course we bring ours when we go a long way away, but we disassemble their hugemongous cage down to 2 levels and they travel in that. But If I put my Louie in a bag, he'd probably have a fit. I wish I could tote my ferts in a bag!

Sweet bag by the way, adorable fert.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna trade ATC's!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferretnose/
lady4feet
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005 10:30:33 AM »

Normally I don't take them around with me to often. But my Husband and I are both in the military and stationed on other sides of the state. About 4 hours away so on my breaks I pack the ferrets up and off we go for a few days. They have cages set up at both places, well a simple one at my Husbands and a pimp cage at my place. I made the sack cause if I can never stop anywhere because I don't want to leave them in the cars and there are a lot of cool shops between here and there, lol.
When I was younger and first started getting ferrets my Dad and I use to take my one ferret Loco with us though. He'd been to countless museums all over Ohio, lol.
For the most part once they realize they're stuck in there then they just go back to sleeping. I stick their leashes in the bag as well so when we leave the store/whatever I can let them run around on their leashes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aedara
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005 11:59:50 AM »

What an adorable ferret!  And sugar is such a sweet name!  Oh, um, yeah the bags great too!  ;  P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop - Child of Glum
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Aedara
justxlove
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005 12:21:47 PM »

i want a ferret.
aww.
actually what i really want is a sugar glider or something like that.
anyway cute bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 6/6
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 1/12
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 5/6
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 4/6
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 1/6
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...