A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CafePress  (Read 670 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

serenityinsleep
« on: September 21, 2005 08:14:33 PM »

http://www.cafepress.com is a website that allows you to submit your unique graphics, drawings, doodles, etc. to their site. For no charge, you're allowed to set up a website where customers can order your goods by the price you set. There are tons of items that they will print your graphics on, such as a multitude of shirts, boxers, coffee mugs, calanders, messenger bags, clocks, mousepads and pillows. A TON of stuff.

The only catches are that:

1) your creations must be 100% created by you. This means you cannot use a graphic even if you change it a lot so that it cannot be recognized as anyone else's work. This INCLUDES all fonts that can be downloaded, graphics, etcetera, but most people cheat a little use the fonts that aren't created by them, which is kinda understandable - who spends their time making fonts? But all too often, people rip off everything they can get their hands on that they think will fetch a price.  Angry And it does, too.  Undecided

2) They charge you a base price for the materials and printing. What is very nice about this though is that you can bump the price of your goods up so that you will make a profit. Each time something sells, they take what they charge you and you obviously keep the rest.

and

3) You can only use one design for each product. As in, you cannot create a dozen different designs (whether it be just a diff. color or something entirely different) for the Jr. Hoodie.

So, to wrap all of this up, I'd like all of you lovely people to check out my site and provide 100% honest feedback. I'd be ever-so-grateful.  Smiley

http://www.cafepress.com/sallyann
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005 08:38:15 PM by serenityinsleep » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lv2ScrpBk
-~Alicia Ann~-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005 08:23:04 PM »

If you click on the link to buy Craftster merchandise, it is based off of cafe press.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."<br /><br />"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Devine"
serenityinsleep
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005 08:25:59 PM »

Y'know.. I've visited that a multitude of times, but completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. Whoops.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8tykat
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005 09:35:12 AM »

i really like the graphics/drawings that you have. and, unlike most cafepress shops, i really love the fact that almost everything you're trying to seel has a different image associated with it. it's not just 15 different items with a peace sign on it. my only suggestion -  add some girlie looking shirts as the one you've got now is a bit to "manly" for me.  good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8tykat : a modern vintage marketplace
http://www.k8tykat.com

kerry is currently under construction by the owner - googlism.com
serenityinsleep
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005 09:39:55 AM »

Thanks for your input!

And I know, I don't have anything really pretty and girly yet. Something I definitely need to work on. Soon, hopefully, I'll be able to, since I now have Creative Suite. I'm such a dork.

Edited to add: I really love your icon. I've been dubbed the "pink kitty" by friends and family members because I have so many things with pink kitties on 'em. Anyway, your icon's great. Did you draw it yourself?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005 09:41:44 AM by serenityinsleep » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005 08:50:24 AM »

Actually, you CAN have many designs for one hoodie, but you'd have to pay for the service in that case. I've got a paid shop there, but haven't been able to update it for the past 4 months, as my plate has been too full!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
On-the-Go Glam
Sneak Peek: Birchbox February 2014
6 Makeup Tricks Perfect for Date Night
How to Get a Killer Cat Eye
The Right Way to Apply and Wear Red Lipstick
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...