A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dayton Area Craft/Thrifting  (Read 18782 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2005 06:06:46 PM »

You  make Krispy Kreme purses?? I simply must see a pic (and perhaps place an order!) Me and a friend have a bond gelled by the Kreme on Krispy Kremes, I would love to give her a purse!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2005 07:14:36 PM »

Hobby Lobby: OMG I haven't driven over there in months!  I guess I'll have to go over to Hancock's there too.  My mom says they are closing that Walmart and opening a super walmart in the old Kmart spot.  I hear it is going to be knocked down like ElderBeerman's was for the Target.

What's DOES a krispy kreme purse look like?  Can you make it in a Bill's Donut's version?  Hmmmmm....I need a donut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2005 06:29:34 AM »

I actually have one I am about to finish for a girl at work so I will get some batteries for my digi cam & post a pic.

I make a couple different ones (wallets too) they are made similar to the magazine purses listed on here. I use the little 1 donut bags you can get from Speedway & the dozen boxes if someone wants a big one. I also make ones out of candy wrappers, potato chip bags, starbucks cups, seed packets, capr sun pouches basically anything I can flatten out. Im also getting into book purses (thanks to craftster)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redpurse
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2005 06:49:02 PM »

I had know idea a Hobby Lobby was opening here!  If it's in the Cub Foods lot I could almost spit on it from my place... fo shizzle!

About the street fair in Yellow Springs.  We've tried to visit some of these fairs around the local towns and it's always a mob.  Is it the same at the street fair?  I've heard great things about it and I can't wait to go, but we tried to go to the Strawberry Fest in Troy today and left in frustration.  I'm more concerned about Yellow Springs since it seems crowded on a normal Saturday, let alone a fair.  Any tips on when to get there and where too park?  We don't mind parking and walking a long way, but in Troy we just got stuck in a huge traffic jam.

BTW, I'm really warming up to the freaky Jesus.  As a non-Christian I used to think of it just as a huge eye-sore, but I'm coming around.  As you can see in this thread, whether you love him or hate him,  he really brings people together Grin

(Also, can't wait to see the purses and wallets!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2005 10:19:37 PM »

I usually park in the school playground when I go, it costs like $5 but its as close as you are likely to get unless you are there really early & all the money is donated. If you dont like being crowded avoid the food area that is usually wall to wall. I usually walk around the whole thing & go down the street between dingleberrys & Ha Ha's

I was at the strawberry fesitval too sat, I think I was more annoyed by the horrible LOUD singers than the crowd...lol

I had these on my computer. This is a large krispy kreme & a matching bag (not the wallet I usually do)

and this is the sunflower seed packet one I did (with a capri sun change purse)

hope the pics work, its my first time trying to post one

« Last Edit: June 05, 2005 10:23:56 PM by motleycruiser » THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2005 10:42:36 AM »

oh wow! I love the purses, that's awesome!
 I'm not sure how much the booths cost (or how big they are) for the Oct yellow springs street fair ...but maybe we should talk about sharing one...I don't know how much I'll have ready to sell by then, but I'd be open to sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambivalentgirl
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2005 06:32:02 PM »

I was at the Strawberry Festival on Saturday as well. Smiley  Didn't see anything that really caught my eye, although did any of you see the sand picture things?  Basically looked liked two pieces of glass put together, sand in the middle, slowly dropping down making a neat pattern.  I wanted one, but they were too expensive for my budget.

And the Krispy Kreme Purse is amazing.  So creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2005 11:06:34 AM »

The only thing that caught my eye was the prices. I kept saying are you kidding $___ for that? I could make it for so much less.

I did like the booth of all the "real" looking food that was kinda neat

The only thing I saw that I wanted to make was these little old fashioned looking wood fawcets that have a long stick attached so you can put them in a plant or garden & the woman who makes them attaches a large teardrop crystal that looks like a giant water drop. They are very cute I saw them last year when she was in yellow springs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2005 04:23:35 PM »

Did anyone ask around at the Street Fair about booths? I was meaning to but got distracted with ohio Silver. I have been making little things in my spare time trying to stock up. And I also talked with a girl I work with who is a knitter & she said she would be interested in putting some things in to sell also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2005 07:29:56 PM »

no, I wasn't able to go either...but I'm definately going to the one in October...what does the knitter make? (I also knit and don't want to be selling the exact same thing!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Brown Rice
Chicken Satay- Chicken Satay Peanut - Chicken Satay Recipe
Chicken Stir Fry - Chicken Stir Fry with Beansprouts
Thai Chicken Cashew recipe
How to Make Spring Rolls
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...