A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dayton Area Craft/Thrifting  (Read 18771 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redpurse
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2005 06:55:59 PM »

Hope everyone had a great New Year's!  I got Stitch 'n Bitch for Christmas so I'm learning to knit (horrible so far!)   Margarita parties sound like a fantastic idea Staralee!  I'd love to help at your shop but I'm afraid the times I'm available don't coincide with your needs... I'll email you just in case they would work:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buckeye_beck
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2005 06:00:11 PM »

Oh! Reading your posts is making me homesick! I definitely didn't get my fill of the North over the holidays. And because of all the snow I didn't make it to any of the shops I intended to (I'm referring to those mentioned earlier in this thread). Do any of them have web sites?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Some people weave burlap into the fabric of our lives, and some weave gold thread. Both contribute to make the whole picture beautiful and unique." -Anon
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005 07:53:28 AM »

There are 3 thrift stores within a 3 block area in Kettering on Wilmington Pike. St. Francis is close to Dorothy Ln (same strip mall as Big Lots) they do estate sales so it has great furniture for recovering. Another right across the street I havent visited yet (between Dorothy Ln & McDonalds) and a Goodwill going north (intersection of smithville I think)

Craft stores are limited around this area BUT I noticed the other day we are finally getting a Hobby Lobby right by the Dayton mall.

If you are into beadwork there is a tiny little bead store in Cincy right by the Tri-County mall that most people miss. It is kinda pricey but they have a huge selection & some good hard to find beads.

There is another flea market in the area called Caesers creek. You can take the same route to get to the Renissance festival also. Im not sure the route number off the top of my head but if you look up turtle creek's website they are affiliated.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambivalentgirl
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2005 10:31:30 AM »

Yay for Dayton!  I live close to Richmond, IN right now, but in July we are moving to Kettering.  I'm very excited about that as we'll be close to so many more things.  I really want to check out Marco's Paper!

Last night I was at the Hobby Lobby in Richmond, IN and I found some wonderful fabric on clearance.  It USED to be $14.99 a yard, then was reduced to $5, and then it had an EXTRA 66% off of that.  So I got two yards for some curtains in the new place.  Hobby Lobby is having some wonderful sales right now because they are relocating to the Target down the road...so go in there if you have a chance.  And I always check http://www.hobbylobby.com/ first to see the sales.

And I saw creepy Jesus last week, I was cracking up at this thread mentioning it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2005 09:11:19 AM »

Has anyone participated in the Yellow Springs Street Fair?

I'm looking to find out what you need to have a booth there...vendors license, fees you have to pay etc

AND how was your experience...did you make as much as you thought you would, what do you recommend etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2005 01:25:54 PM »

Here's the only info they give on the yellow springs website...

The dates for Street Fair this year are the second Saturday in June and the second Saturday in October  . Anyone wishing to apply for booth space should contact the Chamber at: Yellow Springs Chamber of Commerce 101 Dayton St. YSO 45387 phone: 937-767-2686 fax: 937-767-7876

I don't have time to participate, but I really hope to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2005 01:55:18 PM »

Rumor mill says they are putting in a Hobby Lobby near the Dayton Mall.  Anyone know where exactly?

Creepy Jesus: My friends are now referring to it as the "Solid as a Rock Jesus", pronounced with a horrid accent.  Directions to the flea markets would be: "Head south on 75 'til you see Solid as a Rock Jesus and then get off.  Fleamarkets are in both directions."  I rather think he looks like he is stuck in the mud and can't get out.  Poor guy.  My one friend lives off the exit and gives directions by that and Hustler Hollywood.  What a great combo, huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2005 09:41:18 AM »

Rumor mill says they are putting in a Hobby Lobby near the Dayton Mall.  Anyone know where exactly?

It's going to be in the building where Rhodes Furniture use to be. The same plaza a Cub foods. BTW I drive by there all the time they already have a now hiring sign up & the awnings over the doors.

Staralee what kind of things do you make? I was thinking of participating in the one in Oct if I can get enough purses made by then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2005 01:34:14 PM »

I knit and make paper crafts. I'd sell ponchos, shawls, bags and acessories (cards and journals, too) and I would like to do the October show too! let me know if you find out any more info...if I have a chance, I'll go to the june one and talk to vendors to see how it works and how they like (and to get an idea of what would sell, or what everyone else is already doing!)  Stay in touch about this,I'd like to meet a crafster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2005 05:51:01 PM »

I will be there next weekend also. I'm hoping to sell purses & maybe some crocheted hats & scarves since it will be getting cooler by then. But people keep buying my krispy kreme purses as fast as I can make them (shucky darn...lol) so I'm not making much headway in the area of stocking up. I would be interested in meeting fellow crafters too my SO is tired of hearing about all my ideas

A little funny about the giant jesus, one of my friends was coming up from south IN & as she was getting closer she was on the phone with me & was like why the hell is there a giant midget on the side of the road with no hands.....and shes a practicing catholic too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Chicken Tikka Masala
Egg White and Shitake Omelet Recipe
Learn how to Make Seared Lobster Tails with Thai Chili Coleslaw
How to Plate Salmon and Chicken Satay
How to Grill Salmon and Chicken Satay
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...