A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yummy Christmas Treat Recipes Anyone?  (Read 4092 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

classycrafter
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2005 07:01:04 AM »

Oooo, truffles!! Im definitely interested!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CatyX
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2005 01:36:50 PM »

I'll try and find it asap but it might be next week because I think I need to steal my friends copy.

Sorry, but it should be worth the wait   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sharc
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2005 07:23:15 AM »

sorry i took so long. ..took me forever to get the recipe then kept forgetting to post!!. . .here it is:

(for the dried fruit we just go to the grocery and buy the small pack of fruit bits . .. the one in the red bag with the lady on it. . gosh I can't rem. the brand!!!) and the rum it's just regular brown rum. . .makes it smell nice (we don't drink alcohol, but it burns off in the cooking and leaves a nice smell Smiley . . when doing the last part, don't actually mix a syrup over the stove, just mix a couple tablespoons with some water and just kinda put it on there. .. .tell me how you like it!!!

TRINI COCONUT SWEETBREAD

1 CUP SUGAR
1 CUP COCONUT
1/2 CUP MILK
1/2 CUP WATER
2 EGGS
1/2 LB BUTTER
3 TBSP RUM
1/2 TSP VANILLA
1/2 TSP NUTMEG
3 CUPS FLOUR
3 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/2 LB MIXED DRIED FRUIT

Mix sugar, coconut, milk and water together. Add eggs beat together, then add butter, rum, vanilla, nutmeg bring to a soft mixture. Mix flour and baking powder, add to soft mixture this will become a soft dough: do not knead, add mixed dried fruit. Place in greased loaf pan. Bake for 45 mins. Oven temp. 350
degrees.

When baked remove from oven. Mix sugar with a little water to make a syrup, baste on top of sweet bread and place into hot oven for 2 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2005 07:25:37 AM »

buckeye cookies,

Buckeye cookies!?!?!?  I've made buckeye candies since I was a kid, but I've never heard of buckeye cookies.. what are they?? they sound delish. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PlayItGeorge
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005 07:34:04 AM »

They're peanut butter and powdered sugar (I think) balls covered in chocolate.  Probably the same thing you're talking about.  They're like a homemade reese's cup but in spherical form.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2005 08:14:21 AM »

i've also seen these cookies that are basically store bought chocolate wafer cookies, with half dipped in white chocolate and then rolled into really finely crushed-up peppermint candy cane bits. i haven't tried them, but they look SOOOO good (and pretty too!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2005 09:04:11 AM »

They're peanut butter and powdered sugar (I think) balls covered in chocolate.  Probably the same thing you're talking about.  They're like a homemade reese's cup but in spherical form.

It's exactly what I was thinking of.. I just hadn't heard them called cookies.  I love making buckeyes, I usually eat a bunch of the peanut butter balls before they get dipped. 

I have enjoyed making peppermint bark for the holidays, and I just saw some Oreo bark in a catalog so I am going to have to make that this Christmas.  My mother in law gave me a recipe for Swedish nuts - you toast pecans and then coat them in a meringue and bake - it's time intensive but quite delish... i can post the recipe if anyone wants it.

My mom has the most fabulous recipe for caramel corn using Mike Sell's puffcorn (hulll-less popcorn - it looks a bit like styrofoam but is soo addicting with the caramel added).  Of course now Mike SEll's made their own version, but it's not as good. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sharc
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2005 09:29:48 AM »

me! me!
GirlyGirlBags your Swedish nuts and cameral corn sounds yummy!! can you post the recipes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2005 10:02:10 AM »

I didn't even know they were buckeye anything until I moved out of my house and did some internet research on how to make them.  I always thought of them as cookies since my then-aunt would serve them on a huge platter along with other Christmas cookies.

Y'all do know that there's going to be a Christmas cookie swap over in the swap forums, starting Dec. 1, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2005 01:15:20 PM »

Swedish Nuts

2 lbs. pecans
2 sticks margarine
salt
4 egg whites
2c sugar
pinch of salt

Using two large cookie sheets with low sides, place 1 lb of pecans in each sheet.  Salt generously and toast 8 - 10 minutes on 325 degrees.  Put all nuts in a large bow.  Whip egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form.  Melt one stick of margarine(butter) in each cookie sheet, mix the nuts and the merinque mixture.  (now my mother in law drops each individual pecan onto the sheet) Spread the nuts onto the buttered cookie sheet and bake for 40 - 45 minutes.  Stir every 10 - 15 mintues.  let cool on cookie sheet and enjoy! 

Hullless Carmel Puffcorn

2 packages of Mike Sell's hull-less puffcorn
1 c margarine
2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white corn syrup

Cook margarine, brown sugar and syrup over low heat until it boils (use a large pot)  Boil for 5 minutes.  Pour puffcorn into two large pans (those cheapie foil roasting pans work great).  Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix until coated.  Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stir every 15 minutes.  Spread onto cookie sheets to cool. 

ENJOY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Focusing in Close-Up Portraits
Brian Smith on Use of Lighting in Photography
Brian Smith on His Photography Equipment
Selecting the Photographs for the Book Art and Soul
Brian Smith on Working with People
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...