A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yummy Christmas Treat Recipes Anyone?  (Read 3861 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

johnuxb5
knitpunki

Head of John the Baptist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005 05:11:09 PM »

I've found that some of the nicest cookies/treats to make usually have the best ingredients in them, so I'd say invest in some really good quality nuts (pistachios, walnuts, cashews) and bake them into a simple shortbread recipe.   I don't usually use a recipe, just take 1 part butter/shortening, 1 and 1/2 parts sugar, and 2 parts flour - add milk to mix, a dash of salt, and an egg if you'd like it a bit richer.  A small bit of baking powder is ok too, but not necessary.  You can chill a 'stick' of the stuff, and lop off 1" pieces and bake them on an oiled pan.  They're dead easy and so damned good.  These are sometimes refered to as 'nougat' cookies, as far as I remember, and they're great to dip in chocolate, or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

John's Knitting Blog: www.knitpunki.com
Painting: www.johnbiebel.com
Music: www.ichigatsu.com
princessblueberry
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005 08:25:53 PM »

Yum, grandma ended up with a ton of Sewwtoned Condenced Milk. . .so here is the yummy we tried today... DH keept asking for more and they are oober easy!  Granted I did cut them in squares...

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32398

Super-Easy Chocolate Triangles

Estimated Times:
Preparation - 10 min | Cooking - 20 min | Yields - 3 -1/2 dozen triangles

Ingredients:
    * 20 Chocolate sandwich cookies (about 2 cups), finely crushed
    * 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
    * 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTL TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
    * 1 cup flaked coconut
    * 1 1/4 cups (14 oz.) CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk

Directions:
PRESS crushed cookies onto bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan; sprinkle with nuts, morsels and coconut. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.

BAKE in preheated 350* F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until coconut is golden brown around edges. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares; cut each square in half diagonally to form a triangle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
classycrafter
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2005 07:24:54 AM »

McAuliflower--That picture is great!!!  Cheesy  Also, I would love a recipe for your biscotti but when i clicked on the link it wouldnt display. Could you PM me the recipe? Thanks a bunch!! And thanks for the compliment on the thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/classycrafter

classycrafter.etsy. com
dansk
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005 03:51:55 PM »

Here is a really easy but great recipe that my mom makes, everyone loves it, but then again my family is fanatical about anything peanut butter and chocolate.

You take two Ritz crackers and put creamy peanut butter in between them to make a sandwich. Then dip the whole thing into chocolate (she usually uses the chocolate from the store that is meant for dipping things, but you can just melt chocolate chips), put on wax paper and refrigerate until cooled. They are so DECADENT!

If you really want to get fancy, after you dip them in chocolate, dip one side in crushed peanuts or mini chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005 04:28:23 PM »

This year I'm making vanilla liquer for everyone, and obsene gingerbread cookies!
Check out my blog post about this cute cookbook I got to review: the Cookie Sutra...

answer if kids walk by the computer screen: she's tickling his feet!

Okay, that's freaking hilarious.  I once received Kama Sutra chocolates (yeah, they were pretty graphic...) but these cookies beat those Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
sharc
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2005 02:00:28 PM »

uhmm. . what's buckeye cookies? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005 06:05:31 PM »

Do you mean buckeye candies?  If so, check out the following link.  IMHO, they're balls of peanut butter fudge semi-dipped in chocolate.

http://www.londoncandies.com/productdetail.aspx?id=5
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
happythermia

On the beachside, combing the sand.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005 12:11:34 AM »

Every Year I make:

Burbon Balls
Peppermint Bark
Eggnog Logs
Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

Very tasty! I can get any recipes that are wanted Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sharc
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005 04:56:38 AM »

Ahhhh ok, looks yummy Smiley
I'm from Trinidad, and for Christmas, we make a heavy rum cake that's got fruit in it (preserves). The fruits are soaked (some people soak them months before) in rum. My Mom makes one that's pretty heavy on the alcohol, and sometimes even makes me a bit tipsy to the head, wheras my brother makes one that's quite tasty, but not strong on the alcohol. If anyone's interested I can get Mom's own, and start kissin' up to Brian to try and get his?

I've got a really good Trini (coconut) sweetbread recipe. It's not really a Christmas recipe, and it's not like the sweet dinner rolls here that we find in the groceries.. . it's got the texture more like a banana bread/those kindsa breads, and is baked with regular grated coconut (not the sweetened one), along with some fuit preserves. It's really easy, and my Dad and I love it (of course, I grew up with the stuff too!), but . .. if anyone's interested, I'll dig that up as well!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Puppina
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005 05:32:39 AM »

Aargh, this is making me hungry!

I make these little wreath cookie things - cornflakes mixed with marshmallow and green food colouring, and you squidge the mixture into little rings and decorate them with glace cherries (for berries) and silver balls (for spanglyness). Easy but a bit sticky and messy to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of Basket Weaving
How to Do Indian Embroidery
Vera Nakonechny on Ukrainian Embroidery
Learn About Ukrainian Embroidery
Meet Quilter Gail Mitchell
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...