A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone found the Skacel sweater pattern in IK?  (Read 10581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

subloke
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005 10:52:21 AM »

I've been wanting that sweater too!!  I just assumed it was in a pattern book or something. 

goodcleanfungirl did you get it for free or how did that work?  I'll maybe have to email them too...  Maybe they will realize that people want the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005 01:26:44 PM »

I just thought I'd post a little better photo of the ad.  ha, I actually scanned the ad sometime in October.   Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

erincatherine
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005 04:46:09 PM »

MUCH better photo than mine, THANKS! she looks a lot like madonna, no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns. etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns. blogspot.com
lisacb
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005 10:05:17 PM »

You can find this pattern in Schoeller&Stahl Winter 2003/2004 mag. I bought mine last year at my lys, I know Elann carried it a while back as well. The yarn used is Excellent Mouline (by Schoeller/Stahl).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005 10:07:47 PM by monty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
erincatherine
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005 08:22:31 AM »

Monty, I am not sure about he rules of this, especially b/c the booklet is out of print, but would you be willing to share just that 1 pattern with me?us?  I just spent a good hour (no lie) looking for it w/ the new info. you gave and Elann doesn't carry it anymore, and neither does the two YS near me, and I don't have it in me (literally, I am on a strict budget...the yarn I will be using is a combo of a recycled old sweater and $6.00 worth of worsted wool held together) to spend $14.95 for the 1 pattern.  I looked on the Schoeller and Stahl website and couldn't find it, and the English pages were a bit lacking.  I emailed a YS in California, but the page I found it on seemed really out of date.  I AM waiting to hear from Skacel, but I don't know if they will give me the 1 pattern.  If they emailed it to Goodcleanfungirl w/ no charge, it would seem sharing the pattern wouldn't be unlawful...
What is the rule? I could pay you (?) for it, or for your troubles, depending on how it is posted/sent.... if this is totally off base, I understand, but as you can see by my obsessive contribution to this posting, I really want the pattern. (I already started 2 sleeves of a sweater that will HOPEfully turn into this....which greatenes the urgency, considering I can only guess the gauge and hope the sleeve construction up until a point is the same as any other sweater..but I am impatient, too, and want the immediate gratification beyond all the worsted-weight sweaters I make....)

Why would they advertise a whole PAGE spread in the most recent Interweave Knits with a sweater pattern that is 2 years old, AND out-of-print?...to drive people like me crazy, I think!!!  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yogaknitty
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005 09:47:17 AM »

OMG, I just logged on and found all this interest in the pattern!  For whoever it was has the pattern from Skacel, (and how weird to put a big ad like that in 3 current mags if it's 2 years old!), I too wish to know if Skacel sent it to you with no charge.  Continuing to pursue this lovely sweater, I will also e-mail them and see what response I get.  Don't have a way to get the pattern book mentioned. 

We will succeed, after all, we're Craftsters!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
wints
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005 02:52:20 PM »

I've been searching high and low for the pattern too! After I saw this thread, I emailed Skacel and they sent me a PDF of the pattern right away. That's probably the easiest way to get it. And yes, the pattern was free! Woo-hoo! (info@skacelknitting.com)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005 02:53:51 PM by wints » THIS ROCKS   Logged
subloke
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005 02:59:49 PM »

I just got my pattern by email too!!  Yay for quick customer service response!!  I wonder if they're wondering what's up with the sudden influx of requests for this pattern?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005 05:54:28 PM »

I got my pattern, too!! Wahoo! I wrote the email less than 2 hours ago!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
erincatherine
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005 08:01:16 PM »

oh my goodness....YAY YAY YAY.  I emailed them on Sat, and just got mine, too....
KAL anyone? I wouldn't know where to begin in starting one, but I just got a digital camera as a gift, and would love to put it top good use...
Now about that gauge....I may have to add a THIRD yarn to the two I had picked out....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look Great at an Office Party
How to Make a Homemade Nourishing Pumpkin Mask
Rihanna on Launching Her New Fragrance "Nude"
Look Like A Million Bucks, Without Breaking The Bank
Can a Laser Comb Regrow Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...