A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
764 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sons 1st Birthday party... I have 1000+ photos of him and want to.....  (Read 775 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TokyoChiNa

Don't be scared to FLIRT a lil!!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2005 11:12:50 AM »

Hey everyone! Long time no post. My son is turning 1 on November 2nd. I am a photographer so NATURALLY I have over 600 photos from my pro camera and 1000+ photos from my camera phone of him. I know, sounds a bit much, lol, but I just wanted to capture everyday of his life. I know this will wear off when he gets older, but never the less, I would like to some how create a wall of fame or use all his photos as decor for the party and then place them in a "vault/trasure box" for him to have when he gets older..... ANY IDEAS?HuhHuhHuhHuh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lv2ScrpBk
-~Alicia Ann~-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005 02:18:55 PM »

SCRAPBOOKING PARTY!!! This could be spendy but you could buy a ton of the supplies and let everyone decorate a few pages, make sure you let kids be involved too. They love that kinda stuff. It is something everyone could treasure forever.

Edited to add: Be sure to have everyone sign the page(s) they make!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005 02:20:34 PM by Lv2ScrpBk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."<br /><br />"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Devine"
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005 05:52:25 PM »

if u dared to cut the pics (or just make copies) u could make pages of collages n a book, (more combined than a scrapbook, just pics n ppl's little notes to him) combine the pics based on wat is on the pic or maybe the day they were taken, and leave litte spots where ppl can write nice things about him, so when hes older and needs alittle boost he can not only look at some great times he had but see how much he is loved
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fabfairhope
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005 12:54:17 PM »

For a display, you could do a chronological thing....sounds like you have enough pictures to do an almost day by day type of thing, or you could do bi-weekly or monthly pictures of him.  Make copies and have them all black and white or all color...personally, I think b & w.  Get a huge piece of foam core board and (leaving enough space for a "frame" all the way around) place them in chronological order...you could have the date (if you know it) of when the picture was taken underneath them (all in the same font)...place them side by side, pretty close...just glue them onto the board.  You could go just with 4x6's or 5x7's or even 8x10's...I think the 8x10 would be great, so you could really see his features well and be able to see the changes in his face more clearly.  But if you doing a day by day thing, that'd end up being soooo huge!!  Anyway - once all the pictures are attached to the board, you could add a title either to the top or the bottom, if you want...like - "A year in the life of....." or something to that effect.  Then get some moldings from your local hardware store & make a frame, paint it to coordinate....if you do black & white pics, do a black frame.  As long as it doesn't end up being humungous (depeding on the size photos you use) this could be a great keepsake...you could even cover it with a sheet of plexiglass before you attach the frame, then hang it on the wall in his room or in the house somewhere.

I did something like this a few years ago...but they were photos of my son at 8 months old...he was sneezing & we got shots of it at every stage of the sneeze!!  It's 5 frames of him sneezing...all mounted on foam core, then matted & framed...it's great!

For party decorations, take a favorite picture of him and scan it in your pc...then make stickers of all sizes with it.  You can put these on the cups, on the balloons, the napkins, etc.  Also, you could blow it up a little bit and then print out on heavy card stock or something....cut it out either just in a circle, or by the outline of his face/body or whatever's in the shot, leaving out everything but him.  then put a tiny hole in the top of it, tie on some fishing line and hang from the ceiling with tacks!

Sorry so long... Undecided  I saw your post and my brain just went crazy!!   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes they have the biggest piece."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Monkey Puppet
Name Game
How to Make a Rug Out of Scrap Fabric
How to Weave with a Loom
How to Spin Yarn on a Spinning Wheel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...