A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Boyfriend  (Read 1021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jellybones
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005 02:42:16 PM »

my boyfriend and i made a sock monkey! it was so cute.

and while he was at work i gave it emo glasses and a guitar. we now call it 'buddy'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

is this it?
ultraviolet
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005 12:08:25 PM »

My bf wanted to learn how to knit, but that lasted about 20 minutes. He claimed it was really hard Smiley
He just bought fabric for...something, I'm not sure what and wants me to teach him to use the sewing machine. He's definitely a computer geek and likes tinkering with stuff. He used all these metal pipes to build a sort of framwork that all his computer stuff is on (I call it Command Central). He also wired an old phone so that it lights up when it rings. Oh - and when we saw how expensive it was to buy window fixtures for hanging curtains he made some. He cut wooden pieces that come out from the wall. The actual curtain rods - and I am not kidding you - are made out of wooden dowels, shower curtain rings, and rubber balls. All spray-painted white. They look great!

His current project is my birthday present. My birthday was actually in June, at which time he gave me a handmade book with pictures of him and his friend building my present, which is a real live card catalog. I'm a librarian and have been wanting an old card catalog but they are getting REALLY hard to find. His friend is a carpenter and offered to help build one. It is so awesome and it's almost done! It's got something like 30 drawers and I cannot wait to put all my craft supplies in it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
buglake

..ah, my darling Lenore.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005 12:19:53 PM »

My husband feels involved because I assign him somewhat menial or tool-weilding tasks.  For my purse sewing, he is in chanrge of turning the sewn handles right side out.  For my silverware wind chimes, he is responsible for drilling holes in the flatware. 

Long story short:  Men will make the smallest effort to feel involved - then take the credit when showing off the completed piece.  Ahh.. I love marriage.  It's a privilege to find the special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.. . . .__     )_
>>>/(o))__/(o)

Riding my Vespa and being creative - the only reasons why I get out of bed at all.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Positioning Ambient Light in a Portrait Session
Panning With High Speed Flash
Photographing Carnival Rides at Night
Off Book: Light Painting
Off Book: Technology Used for Seeing Beyond the Human Eye
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...