A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The big thread of transfer questions (pens, pencils, paper, other)  (Read 39568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dona Leonor
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2008 04:52:29 PM »

LADIES  Wink Cheesy Grin Cool !!!!

I found this pen and from now on embroidering on
dark fabrics is going to be a piece of cake (or at least easier than it was before this pen)!!!

It's from Clover and its name is... White Marking Pen Clover (Fine)

See it for yourselves !!!!

I decided to use my light box and trace a pattern onto soluble stabilizer (from Annie Oak Leaves)

This one is with a black shirt underneath:

This one is right after I finished with the tracing:

This one well... just drew a little circle directly on the fabric :

I hope this helps those of you looking for the perfect solution for embroidering
on dark fabrics !!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2008 04:55:14 PM »

Totally awesome! I need to find that!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muddlepud
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2008 05:40:32 PM »

I'm about to start working on a piece with blueprint/architectural design, which means some fine, straight lines and sharp angles. I really want the lines to be neat and straight on my transfer so I can just stitch away without worrying about it, especially because the person I'm giving this to will notice (and possibly point out) if my lines are crooked. I'm a little uncertain the best method to achieve the crispest, clearest transfer. I usually do the lightbox method, but my water soluble pen doesn't have a very fine point, nor am I usually too pleased with how well it marks. Solvy tends to slide around a little on me (warm hands makes it melt on me!) and I also don't know if I can get really clean lines on it. I don't think I want to use anything that makes permanent marks because some of the lines will be thin and I don't want to risk anything peeking out from behind the threads. So ... those of you with more experience, what would you suggest?

(I considered using the printable fabric so I could take the image straight from the computer to the project, but that's a little more expensive than I'd like to go if I can help it.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008 05:41:54 PM by PencilNeck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama of two, eeking out a few creative hours a day.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."  ~Pablo Picasso
Shop
Blog
Flickr
bookwormbethie
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2008 07:07:27 PM »

pencilneck, if you are 100% sure you can completely cover your transfer lines why don't you just use a mechanical pencil?  the reason i give the disclaimer is i am not sure if regular graphite pencil marks wash out of fabric, but it would be an easy tool to use.

check this post out about pencil lines & removing  them
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=277661.0
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008 07:08:33 PM by bookwormbethie - Reason: add link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muddlepud
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2008 01:30:56 PM »

pencilneck, if you are 100% sure you can completely cover your transfer lines why don't you just use a mechanical pencil?  the reason i give the disclaimer is i am not sure if regular graphite pencil marks wash out of fabric, but it would be an easy tool to use.

check this post out about pencil lines & removing  them
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=277661.0

It's funny that the thread you linked to was mine. Grin I'm a little leery of using pencil after the last experience.... I think I'm mostly concerned that I won't be able to draw or trace straight enough lines for me to follow with the stitching. I just read about someone using damp photo paper to transfer, and I think I might give that a try and see what happens. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama of two, eeking out a few creative hours a day.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."  ~Pablo Picasso
Shop
Blog
Flickr
mrskimmyl
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2008 06:18:18 PM »

LADIES  Wink Cheesy Grin Cool !!!!

I found this pen and from now on embroidering on
dark fabrics is going to be a piece of cake (or at least easier than it was before this pen)!!!

It's from Clover and its name is... White Marking Pen Clover (Fine)

See it for yourselves !!!!

I hope this helps those of you looking for the perfect solution for embroidering
on dark fabrics !!!

Dona, you're pretty much my favorite person EVER right now! I'm a  novice embroiderer & I'm planning on doing some embroidered shirts as Christmas gifts. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get my patterns (from the comp, done with Photoshop brushes) onto the dark t-shirts. Permanent wasn't going to an option because I'm new & bad at this, so I never seem to stay in the lines. I am so glad that you shared this, I owe you big time!  Grin

FYI everybody: The pen can be found here.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008 06:21:59 PM by mrskimmyl - Reason: added link! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamarose22
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2009 07:59:01 AM »

I would like to do some embroidery on dark denim but don't know how to transfer a pattern on to it.  You can't use an iron on, carbon paper etc..  What would be the best method to accomplish this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2009 03:53:01 PM »

At most craft stores and fabric stores they have what is called dressmakers carbon paper. It comes in white, blue, red, and yellow. You use it just like regular carbon paper, but you can see your pattern on dark colors. I have a package and have used it over and over. Just lay your pattern on top of the paper and trace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookwormbethie
« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2009 04:54:50 PM »

At most craft stores and fabric stores they have what is called dressmakers carbon paper. It comes in white, blue, red, and yellow. You use it just like regular carbon paper, but you can see your pattern on dark colors. I have a package and have used it over and over. Just lay your pattern on top of the paper and trace.

yup that stuff is wonderful on dark fabrics, i use a brand called chacopy made by clover.  it is great because it completely washes out when you  rinse your project in cold water
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2009 06:31:40 AM »

I have used the dressmakers carbon many years ago, but was unaware that it came in colors.  Thanks a lot ladies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No-Makeup Makeup Tutorial
How to Avoid Counterfeit Cosmetics
Best Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
Summer Pastels Makeup Tutorial
Summer Corals Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...