A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP! Why am I not selling anything?  (Read 7174 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mizswim4him

yeah whatever..

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2004 01:39:28 PM »

I have had my site up for awhile now and worked hard to make cute purses for it and my prices are resonable.  Do you guys think there may be a reason why I am not selling anything?  Is my layout ok?  Is there something I should change?  Lower the prices?  Make different kinds of purses? HELP!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kayceeann
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004 01:58:57 PM »

Grin
Your purses are beautiful and they are very reasonably priced. The only feedback I could see is if you worked your tail off on marketing, and your graphics could use some work. They are not horrible, just I think a tweek would be good. Have you tried to sell at your local craft shows and craft malls, Etc? Just put 4-5 of your business cards inside the purses! I love your work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonridermom
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004 02:08:01 PM »

I would suggest you put a graphic of your purses on your homepage. Maybe lots of little thumbnails - just a tease to get someone to click further.  Maybe try marketing them to a local yarn store?
Bags are cute! Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mizswim4him

yeah whatever..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004 03:00:55 PM »

HMM.. ok.I'll  put a few bag pics on the homepage, that should help.. I'll work on the graphics as well. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toast.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004 04:31:15 PM »

when i first started it took me a few weeks to even sell my first item.
and then i e-mailled every single other 'crafty' diy website i could find, and asked them to link to me.
in one week i had more sales than i'd had altogether.
now it's all sort of evened out again, and i've been having a really slow patch the last two weeks or so...
so basically, my advice, is to just get your name out there. as much as possible. especially by linking.. ( have you joined ibuydiy yet? thats a good start. and bust's girlwideweb)
good luck. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004 07:48:33 PM »

I've really found that selling my stuff locally - at craft markets - has helped a lot.  When people can see something handmade in person they can really tell how unique and beautiful it is.  Everyone's stuff represents better in person - and it was a real boost to my confidence to get positive feedback and to make some sales and some contacts through local markets.  I'd suggest trying to sell to local stores as well... anything to get your bags out there.  They're very cute, and very reasonably priced - it'll happen....  you've just got to give it time.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
Unravel
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004 10:02:42 PM »

from a strictly website POV,  geocities is really not a great way to reflect the intent/quality of your business. try hosting thru 1and1.com . for about 5 bucks a month you can host your own domain, this looks much better and more appealing to potential customers.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unravel Yarn and Fiber Arts - Flagstaff,AZ www.unravelshop.com
Goddess
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004 12:42:02 AM »

from a strictly website POV,  geocities is really not a great way to reflect the intent/quality of your business. try hosting thru 1and1.com . for about 5 bucks a month you can host your own domain, this looks much better and more appealing to potential customers.

I was about to say the same thing. you may also want to invest in a really good camera to take clearer pictures of your bags (which are way cute!)

best of luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amareluna
Saponification Expert

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004 10:55:42 AM »

Anyone want to give us some feedback on the new site look?

http://www.geocities.com/scbagsetc/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saponifier For Serious Soap Makers! | Acts of Creativity My Blog
scandibird
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2004 12:36:22 PM »

Had a look at the last version and it didn't really appeal to me... (no offence) This is sooo much better! Looks a lot more professional! Wish you the best of luck!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Clip In Hair Extensions - Questions and Answers
How to Wash and Care For Clip In Human Hair Extensions
How to Curl Clip In Hair Extensions Separately
How to Put Your Hair Up Using Clip in Hair Extensions
Quick and Pretty Half Up Hairstyle Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...