A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: vegan/ veggie swap!!!  (Read 7720 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005 08:19:27 AM »

It's my fault too Forevrbee! I totally forgot to take pics before I got everything ready to ship!  Oh well! As long as you like it I'm OK with not showing pics!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
CatyX
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005 10:13:20 AM »

I got some amazing stuff from marta000 I just didn't post yet because I thought I'd wait until I had pics- which was taking longer than I thought. BUT marta000 said she'd post some pics (thanks!) so when they get posted I'll give you the rundown.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grannystylee
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005 02:36:24 PM »

Foreverbee, I'd still love to see the shirt worthwhile girl made you, even if it's somewhree down the line when your camera turns up.  If not that's okay.  Just curious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thealtmartha
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005 04:27:22 PM »

Okay...so let me just say that I enjoyed the swap much more than I have enjoyed trying to get these darn photos listed.  Thank you Chemama for being so patient for your praise!

Let me say that I had the best swap partner!  I got a great knitted "soft tofu buddy" pillow.  He is so cute with a crooked mouth and two big blue button eyes!  My animals really want this guy but they aren't getting him.  He is sitting on some shelves out of their reach! 

I also got two lovely dog themed items to share with my corgi, Twinky.  One is a bag of very professionally presented handmade vegan dog biscuits.  They are shaped like paws, bones and little dogs and Twinky just loves them.  I bet my cats would eat them too but Twinky isn't interested in that test.

One of the best type of crafty gifts is one that keeps on giving and Erin did that too!  She made me glycerine soaps in the shape of little corgis and bagged them all in these sweet little drawstring bags and included the mold and some unused soap so Twinky and I can make some ourselves.  This was a major surprise and so appreciated.  Nothing better than a personalized gift from someone who has never even met you!

To top it off Chemama sent me two zines with easy vegan recipes because she knew that I don't like to cook...these recipes were interesting enough that I just might have to try them.  And lastly she sent me a group of locally found little paper items such as pic and brochures I can use for the collage stuff I love to do.

Thanks Erin for a great swap!!  This was my first and I have already signed up for another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005 06:07:31 PM »

ok so heres my stuff from grannystylee who i now love..hehe...

a cool 10 condiments recipe book...haha get it? the 10 condiments??

an awesome ATC!!! i almost peed my pants when i read this!!! i would soo not be vegan anymore! ive probably already eaten a whole cats worth of hair!!

kittie toys!!! a tofu organic cat nip toy and a mouse with cat nip...they went nuts over it!!! i wish i had a video camera! and a cute daisy clothes pin bag holder/closer thingy..

i love oil cloth!! lunchbag!!!

vegan scrabble magnets!!

no cow tipping sticker..hehe..

and all of it together!!! and also a yummy bag of tings!!!  josh says thanks you!!! i say thank you!!!

awesome swap guys!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
marta000

Crafting when I can.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005 07:09:05 PM »

Yeah! I got my stuff from CatyX today! Super exciting and that was before I opened the package.
She sent me a recipe book, some stickers, a fabulous tank top, vegan chocolate lip balm, and bath salts. My cats were going crazy when I was opening the bath salts/lip balm and now one of them has settled on top of the tank top. Thank you! I love it all and can't wait to be "veg" proud! (i will post the pictures shortly).

the vegan tank top (in my favorite color)
vegan recipe book (also in my favorite color)
vegan bath products (the chocolate smells so delicious!)

Here are two pictures of the things that I sent CatyX:

an "I love tofu" tshirt and

an envelope with fruit leather, animal rights stickers, and a cruelty free booklet; a homemade recipe book; and a magnet of veggies with microbeads over it
Sorry that the pictures are sorta crap, I'm only able to take them at night with terrible lighting
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 08:53:04 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
thealtmartha
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005 09:55:23 PM »

Wow!  All this stuff is so great...I want to do it again! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CatyX
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005 11:40:28 PM »

Yay! I'm glad you liked it.

Well  marta000 explained everything she sent pretty well but I have to comment on how cute my new tshirt is! And how amazing that little recipe book? It's so useful, all the recipes sound yummy (haven't had a chance to try any yet though) and there are loads of cute cartoons and facts about vegitarianism.
The fruit leather was really nice and now the stickers are all over my folder!

Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005 07:05:08 AM »

Wow!  All this stuff is so great...I want to do it again! 

sounds like a good idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
chemama
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005 10:09:44 AM »

Yay--I'd be thealtmarthat's swap buddy anytime. Thanks to everyone... your crafts are awesome!! I love the cow tipping sticker so much.

I think another group may have done this before (I suddenly have Craftster amnesia), but it'd be cool to add a recipe component, too, in another round!  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005 02:59:45 PM by chemama » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
PB&J Bagel Sandwich Recipe
Turkey Sandwich Recipe
Southern-Favorite Hummingbird Cookies Recipe
Crock Pot Chili Con Carne Recipe
The Best Barbecue Dishes from the South Beach Wine and Food Festival
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...